Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my parent's dog, lady (orangutango, take a look!)

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

my parent's dog, lady (orangutango, take a look!)

This is my mom and dad's new dog, Lady. After Finn and I moved out in May, my dad knew he needed a companion. He's retired, and, my mother works, so, he's at home a lot by himself. Lady was seen by my dad's neighbor being dropped off and left behind. Dad's neighbors had recently lost their pet (she was very old) and thought they might be ready for a new dog. They decided they weren't and asked my dad if he wanted her. She's been a member of the family ever since. I think they've had her about two months now. I put Orangutango's name in the title because I told my parents she looked like she had Toller in her. She's the right weight, too, about 43 pounds or so. No matter what she is, though, she's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! Here she is, my dad's new Lady.

The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

She is a cutie! I definitely see Toller... if her coat was longer, I'd say she could be pure!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Oh no, another PT doggy I'm going to have to steal!! lol.
    I hope you get tons of pictures when you go see her I think I'm in love. Her fur is really different, its short but looks like it should be long. I like it!
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Oh Lady
    You are such a beautiful girl and I'm so glad that your picture was posted too!!!

How wonderful that she is living with your Father!!!!

She's absolutely gorgeous!! It's hard to tell simply from a picture, but she really looks like she could be all (or atleast mostly Toller). Her coat is a bit short, and she's a little heavy for the average female Toller but besides that, it's the only breed I can see. She looks pretty young to me, which could explain the shorter coat. I'd guess around 6-8 months old. She sure is a beautiful girl .

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango
    She's absolutely gorgeous!! It's hard to tell simply from a picture, but she really looks like she could be all (or atleast mostly Toller). Her coat is a bit short, and she's a little heavy for the average female Toller but besides that, it's the only breed I can see. She looks pretty young to me, which could explain the shorter coat. I'd guess around 6-8 months old. She sure is a beautiful girl .

Actually, she'd already had a litter when my parents got her. :/ The vet's estimated her age at about a year, maybe a bit more. She does look a lot like a toller, though. Pretty lady she is.

I'd looked up some stuff, and, everything I found said that the females were around 37 to 45 pounds, and, males up to about 55. Could be just the sites I looked at, too.

But, again, whatever she is, she's a sweetheart!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    Actually, she'd already had a litter when my parents got her. :/ The vet's estimated her age at about a year, maybe a bit more. She does look a lot like a toller, though. Pretty lady she is.

I'd looked up some stuff, and, everything I found said that the females were around 37 to 45 pounds, and, males up to about 55. Could be just the sites I looked at, too.

But, again, whatever she is, she's a sweetheart!

Yeah, they can be up to 45lbs. The average female is around 37lbs though. I thought she was younger, which is why I said she seems a bit heavy as I assumed she might have had some growing left to do. But, if she's a year old like they think she is, she could very well be purebred . Poor girl already having a litter though, she's still so young. The coat is still throwing me off, but perhaps she lost it all after having the pups? Who knows. She sure looks like a sweet girl, and she's very lucky to have found a home with your parents!

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango
    Yeah, they can be up to 45lbs. The average female is around 37lbs though. I thought she was younger, which is why I said she seems a bit heavy as I assumed she might have had some growing left to do. But, if she's a year old like they think she is, she could very well be purebred . Poor girl already having a litter though, she's still so young. The coat is still throwing me off, but perhaps she lost it all after having the pups? Who knows. She sure looks like a sweet girl, and she's very lucky to have found a home with your parents!
    Ah, I see! Yeah, you can kinda see a nipple in the picture, they were very obviously just being used when my parents got her, as they were a bit "hangy", for lack of a better word. Not sure what the story is completely, as they never were able to find the owners or anything. But, she's spayed, now. She could be pure toller, but, I'm not sure. She's definitely part! And, you're right, she is a lucky girl! But, my parents are lucky, too!

Beautiful pupper! So glad that she found a happy home with your parents!!!

Oh she is so cute! I love her face, and she has a great smile. I bet she smiles alot now that she found a great new home. It is so nice of your parents to take her in. See what you have started, Finn?

She's gorgeous! Congratulations to them!

She is beautiful!! What a cutie pie! I hope we get to see more pictures of her in the future! Congrats to your parents!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Lady's a very pretty girl, your dad must be so happy to have her companionship! So she hasn't met your crew yet, huh?

I read the title and then had to do a double take - I was whoa when did her parents get a dog!?
    she's adorable!
    hugs to her and your parents
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I just love happy endings good for your dad .
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel