Thread: Chowders Discovery

Chowders Discovery

Look what Chowder has just discovered to do! Yep, get on the counters!

Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Oh, boy, more fun! Lots to see up here (and do!!).

I see Chowder is also a sink-kitty. So cute!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

How old? He looks to me about 8 mos to 18 mos. But if he just discovered counter tops, he must be on the younger end of that range. And now the fun begins! If he can scale counters, why not go higher? The fridge top could be next! And that shot with the opening into the next room with the box of tissues on the ledge - that means that is another great route for dashing, racing and zipping around. I had an opening like that in my apartment; Amber and Sparkle used it regularly. Always a different cat in front. He is really strutting in the first shot, so proud of himself, ha ha.

Of course, YOU did what any good cat owner would do - ran and got the camera! Other folks would ask, "why didn't you tell him to get DOWN!"

Well mom! Now you're gonna get all the help you need Chowder's on the job!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

"OOOO baby, OOO baby, look at this wonderful place called "the counter"

Oh Chowder, how you have grown sweetie. Today the counters, tomorrow the top of the fridge, the highest shelf, who knows what adventure is in store for you next.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Ahhhh... the fun is just beginning (for you and Chowder!)

Chowder Has Discovered The Promised Land, Where Theres Tons Of Room, And Lots Of Interesting Things To See And Do.
    You Will Never Keep Chowder Down On The Floor, Now That He Has Seen
    The Counter.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

He is getting to be a big boy - and he is still so beautiful and cute!

He is so CLEVER to find the counter all by himself!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I just love that little boy! Lounging in the sinks already! What a guy! Give that nose spot a smooch for me, would ya?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Shame on you, Chowder!!! We know you were just helping mommy plan dinner!!!

Chowder must be a little slower than his sister Ziggy because she's been jumping up on the kitchen counters ever since I brought her home at 9 weeks of age. I think that Pearl and Sunny taught her how to do this.

Chowder sure is growing like a weed and is more handsome every time I see him. Going by what the vet in Arizona said both Ziggy and Chowder are now 15 weeks old and will be 16 weeks old this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Chowder must be a little slower than his sister Ziggy because she's been jumping up on the kitchen counters ever since I brought her home at 9 weeks of age. I think that Pearl and Sunny taught her how to do this.

Chowder sure is growing like a weed and is more handsome every time I see him. Going by what the vet in Arizona said both Ziggy and Chowder are now 15 weeks old and will be 16 weeks old this Friday.
    I hate to keep bragging on him but he's just been the best kitten ever! He has watched the others climb up on things, but he rarely does. He sits next to me when I'm on the computer and the couch, but hasn't attempted much climbing on the tables etc. He loves me so much that he will hardly leave my side when I'm home.

I'll be making his neuter appointment in about a week (next pay period). We've been trapping at the park the past couple of weeks(have got 3 males and one female) so funds are a little thin right now.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

What a great looking little guy! There's no end of exploration that starts on the kitchen counter: food, stuff to play with and endless entertainment.
    Randy