Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first "rescue" story! :)

My first "rescue" story! :)

About a week ago my neighbor asked me if I knew anyone that wanted a dalmation. I didn't know anyone but said I would ask around. He works with a younger guy who had gotten this dalmation puppy early in the summer and now with winter settling in - he realized just how high energy she was and that he didn't have time for her. He is also having some other things go on in his life. He didn't abuse her - there was a bond there b/n them I could see that - but he just didn't have time for her and he didn't want her spending excessive amount of time in her crate. He was going to take her to the pound but my neighbor said he would take her and I was thinking Oh Lord. But at least he knew that she needed more interaction and a better home - and without giving away the ending - she got it!

I must say that while his heart is in the right place - my neighbor was going to take this dog b/c the kid said he'd take her to the pound- my neighbor is NOT the best dog owner and will leave it at that.

I asked at work and my boss' aunt is a HUGE animal lover she wasn't able to take her Buuuut, she works with a nurse that has 3 dalmations! They did have four but their oldest Dottie died at age 13 within the last 6 months. () They wanted this puppy. I got ahold of my neighbor and we worked out the details. He is a bit flighty and ahhh unreliable he was to get the dog on Tuesday but didn't work out - the people were so disappointed, I finally said - tell me where he lives I'll go get her. So I did. 730am Wednesday morning this kid called me and I went and picked her up. Her name was Macy - she was a total sweetheart. She is 6 months old. She does jump up tho, she likes to wrap her paws around your arm. I brought her to my house as it was early in the morning and the new mom works 3rd shift. She was all over the back of my car sniffing it (Keegan) and my hair. I walked her around my yard - then brought Keegan out to the entry b/c it is linoleum and I thought if Keegan scared the pee out of her it would be easier to clean up!
    There was a lot of "noise" on Keegan's part - Miss Jealous.
    I brought both dogs into the house while attempting to take pics. They were moving so fast I didn't get very good ones! Kloe hid behind my telephone. (like that was a good place) Kylie never moved out of her throne. She did hiss at me when I tried to pet her but never hissed or anything at Macy.
    We went back outside and I let Macy drag her leash - she would come right back to me - Keegan would bark and carry on - and Macy would jump up on me and wrap her paws around my arm for security and that would cause Miss Jealous to go even more crazy!
    I decided it was time to go -things were just too crazy at the "K" household!-
    Keegan was peeved and I had 2 peeved off cats! I was going to put Macy in the car and Keegan in the house - I opened up the car door and Keegan barrels right thru into the seat - moved all the way over to the driver's seat and turned her head so that I couldn't reach her. I tied Macy to the tie out - took Keegan into the house - loaded Macy and left. Stopped at the hospital b/c my dog loving boss wanted to see Macy - everyone fell in love with her and wanted me to tell the people that she jumped out the window and keep her!
    After leaving there - I called her new dad and he wasn't home right then but would be there about the time I would arrive - new mom was sleeping from work the nite before. I got there and we took her into the house where she was greeted by her new Brother Dillon, and 2 new sisters Darcy and Danielle.
    Now in the pics - Don't ask me which ones were which b/c I have no clue. Other then Dillon b/c he kept trying to hump Macy! They were estactic! They loved her! Macy jumped up in her new mom's lap instantly and I got pics of her up there!
    She is in a doggie heaven! They are in the process of building a new huge home. Their ENTIRE property is fenced in. And their are sheep and donkeys to sniff and smell and chase! She will be spoiled by her new parents and her new grandparents were just as excited as the new parents were!
    It was so heartwarming. Made me so happy to do it. Totally worth me getting up at 730 in the morning - even tho I hadn't gotten to bed the nite before until like 2am!
    Here is the link for the pics!
    http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=9Qas2bFs1UWCg
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Awesome work, Staci! What a cuuutie she is!
    Major kudos to you! Enjoy your new home, Macy!!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Staci, What a wonderful story. I'm so glad that it had such a happy ending. Macy sure is adorable and it looks like she's hit the jackpot. Her new forever home looks just perfect and I'm sure she'll get lots of loving. Now she also has new siblings to play with so she won't be so lonely any more. You did a great job Staci.

Well ... WOW!

Gotta admit I got a bit dizzy & lost when I heard the Spotty Tail the first time
    on the phone (the Tail-Teller was a tiny bit "breathless" with excitement ) -
    but NOW I understand the whole Tail.

As I said ~ You did GOOD, Staci!!!!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Great job Staci!! She is absolutely adorable. I love her. Your story is fantastic and so are the pics!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Welcome to the world of rescue. Isn't it the BEST feeling?

Good work, girl.

Way to go Staci!!!
    You've got to be so happy!
    Sure looks like she fits right in!
    Congrats!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Way to go!! I'm so glad Macy has a good forever home.

Good job, Staci!!!! And thank you, for all of your hard work!!!!

Way to go!! What a wonderful story. Macy is beautiful, I'm so glad she found her forever home.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Good Job, Staci! She is adorable, and it sure looks like she is going to fit in just fine.

yes - if she couldn't go to a PetTalk family this is the next best thing!
    I have sent them the link for the pet of the day website tho! So mayybbee

GOOD JOB, Staci!!!! Now I'm off to see the pics!

Way to go Staci! good job! I see what you mean about her jumping around - she's a blur in several photos! She has a very sweet face, pretty eyes. Love that one pic of her in her new mom's lap - looks like this home is a perfect match! How's Miss Jealous & the kitties, now that she's gone?

Oh the cats are just fine now! What dog?
    Keegan is attached as usual - we went to the dog park on Saturday nite and she got quite jealous of mom paying attention to the other dogs there of course! She is fine now tho!
    Got an email from the new family - she has settled in quite well. Had a vet appt - does have mange so will need long term management. The other 3 dogs are settling in well with her also.
    They changed her name to Dolly Madison!