Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How far away is your family?

My parents and brothers and sisters live 9 hours North of us and my husbands parents live 16 hours south of us.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

My grandma lives in SW Missouri (for now.. she's always moving every couple years). My Mom lives in Illinois and my sister in Florida.

My Brother and SIL live about 15 miles away by car, but I dont drive.
    My Aunt Joan is a half mile bus trip away.
    Thats it for my human family.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreMyDogs
    If she can find someone she knows and trusts to rent her house, she can move here to TX, otherwise, she'll have to wait until the home value goes up again, but that could take 5-10 years or even more...there's no saying how long it'll take to recover from the massive layoffs.
    That's too bad...I hope she can sell her house.

We would like my mom to come live with us too, when we are able to buy a house in a few years. She is eligible for retirement in 5 years, and so we are hoping she will come live with us then. When we have kids, it would be great to have my mom around.

As I still am living with my parents, and my sister is still living with us, that means my immediate family is in the same house as I type this, but as for extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins...) they all live an hour away. We live in NE Arkansas and they live in SE Missouri. Eventhough we're only an hour apart, we still never get to see eachother... especially since after my grandmum died.
    I haven't been too close to the extended family since.

Although we love living in BC, our family is miles away - my Mom about 2,000 miles away; my brother in the interior, about a day's drive and all of my husband's family lives in Austria - 11 hours flying time and 3 hours driving!

Holidays for us do not generally include immediate family sadly. We are fortunate however, to have wonderful friends who have become our "family". For years we have spent Christmas together - a Whistler tradition. Without these special people, it would be lonely indeed.

The times we have to visit with family is a special time and I cherish all those moments.

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

My family is in and around Ottawa, Canada and I am in Zhuhai , China. That is over 7500 miles away. I miss them all dreadfully especially this Thanksgiving weekend
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I'm very lucky that my parents are only 45 minutes away and my sister is only 3 hours, and my grandparents an hour and half. (although I dont take near enough advantage of my sister or grandparents being so close). Most of my aunt and uncles are in Ohio as well, although the cousin I am probablly closest to lives in Arizona.

My husband's immediate family all lives close to us (in the same town), with the exception of his older brother, who lives in Oregon....but I am going to see them in two weeks, assuming my sales trip gets approved!! I've never been out there before and I'm excited.

not far enough away

one is like 3hrs and other ones 5hrs

I'm very lucky to have all of my family very closeby. My kids live 20 minutes away, my Mom is about 45 minutes away, my sister an hour away, and my brother about 1 and 1/2 hours.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

My parents live an hour's drive west from here.
    My brother is 50 minutes south and my sis 1 hour south.
    My husbands family is all only 35 minutes south.

Pretty good hey
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

My family and my husband's family all live about 5 minutes away. Though Carollyn, my sister lives about 6 hours away.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Most of my family is within an hour-or-so's drive from here, though Lady and all her humans are 5 hours west. One nephew is currently in SC, but no idea where the Navy will put him next, and my girl cousins and aunt fled South - Tennessee and Alabama. Extended family? Everywhere!

And that's not even counting all of you - the Pet Talk Family!

My parents & grandparents have all passed away now. My son lives in
    Texas & my daughter now lives in Oregon. I have a brother & sister who
    both live here in Indiana & one brother in Arizona.Between telephone and
    internet, we all can still stay in touch.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My Dad's parents live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. So does his sister, her husband and their kid. The rest live around Saskatchewan and Alberta. My Mom's immediate family is all in the city here, 1 in Toronto, and the rest are in the UK.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone