Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I'm not posting much atm

Why I'm not posting much atm

I apologize for not being talkative these days, and I think I should at least explain why.

I can't go into details as this is a public forum and you never know who else may be reading... All I can say is that my uncertain situation at work and all the worrying about my existence made me depressive. I broke down a couple of days ago and I'm on sick leave now.

I'm also on antidepressants but they don't seem to help much. All they do is making me dizzy and lethargic, and I cannot even drive, or do anything else. I've even stopped photographing, or doing anything else creative.

I think I'll stop taking these meds, I don't see how they can improve my situation, all I need is a perspective!

Luna and Lily are fine, but I think in my current state I cannot give them the attention they deserve!

Sorry for venting, but I know that some of you have been in a similar situation before, so I hope you understand...

Kirsten

Kirsten,

First of all, thank you for being so considerate in letting everyone know your feelings. It takes a courageous person to speak out when they're feeling down.

Although I hate hearing that your present circumstances are so stressful for you, it is more than understandable. I wish there was something I could do to help you out and relieve some of that anxiety. I'm certain, as well, that many others here would love to make this a better time for you.

Please try to find some peace in knowing that you are a very talented individual and capable of doing so much. Your sensitivity to others and your creativity are inherent characteristics that make you the special person that you are. When a dark moment hits, please try to remember that and give yourself the credit you deserve.

I sincerely hope that some quite, reflective time will allow you to feel better both physically and emotionally. Putting things into perspective sometimes requires quiet reflection.

My best wishes and many prayers for your well being are coming to you. Please take care and let us know how you're doing.

Hugs to you,

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Oh dear, Kristin, you'll be in our prayers. Talk to your doc about the antidepressants - I know sometimes people have to try a couple before they find the one that works for them, and there's an adjustment period.

We're sending prayers and hugs for you, and snuggles for the girls, I am sure they are worried about you as well!

Kirsten, of course you should talk to your doctor about this, but antidepressants do not take effect right away! You need to keep taking them for awhile before you'll notice any effect. And even if one type of antidepressant doesn't work, another may. So don't give up, and certainly don't stop taking the meds without medical advice.

There are many of us here at PT who struggle with depression. I know that you want to curl up in a ball and make the world go away, because that's what depression does to you, but please try to reach out to your friends here and elsewhere.

{{Hugs!}} I know this is hard for you. I go through this also. I haven't taken my meds in a couple of weeks and it is starting to wear on me. If you ever need someone to talk to pm me
    Michelle

Kirsten,

I'm so sorry you're going through this. But PLEASE do NOT just stop your meds cold turkey. Withdrawal is a very serious problem. Tell your doctor, maybe he can prescribe something else that will help you.

As you know, I also had a breakdown (I call them meltdowns) and checked myself into the hospital. It was the best thing I ever did. I'm on new meds (was on Paxil for over 6 years) right now and doing okay today (one day at a time), and going to counseling.

We're all here for you honey. Take care of yourself and if you ever need to chat, PM me. We can talk.

Love and (((HUGS)))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Kirsten - HUGS!

Don't give up before the miracle happens!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Kirsten,

I'm so sorry you're going through this. But PLEASE do NOT just stop your meds cold turkey. Withdrawal is a very serious problem. Tell your doctor, maybe he can prescribe something else that will help you.

As you know, I also had a breakdown (I call them meltdowns) and checked myself into the hospital. It was the best thing I ever did. I'm on new meds (was on Paxil for over 6 years) right now and doing okay today (one day at a time), and going to counseling.

We're all here for you honey. Take care of yourself and if you ever need to chat, PM me. We can talk.

Love and (((HUGS)))

Donna
    I was on Paxil too and now I am on Effexor and they make me SOOOO tired!
    Michelle

Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. I'm in a similar situation, worrying about my job sitiuation/economy. We have to believe that things will change soon! It sounds like you're stressed - no wonder, but I don't think it's a good idea to take anti depressants because of this, but perhaps a sleeping pill now and again. It's so important to get a good nights sleep! Then, things look brighter the next day.

Hugs and good wishes that you feel better soon. PM me if you want to talk!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm so sorry Kirsten.. I hope things get better for you as soon as possible.

When my aunt was placed on anti-depressants, they actually made her feel MORE depressed (and she had the same side-effects as you).. I would definitely talk to your doctor about finding something else.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Kirsten - I know you are tired right now - meds can have those side effects, but mine wore off in a couple of weeks.

This might be an opportunity for you.

I don't know the type of flea markets or other such places - but this might be a chance to check out your artwork and being self-employed.

Posting some pictures at a shelter, with the prices and a percent donated to the shelter.

With your newsletter - you might know about other pet shows. See if there is a space for you to display a few works - and take commissions.

Just a thought - your system is telling you something - and people are more than happy to buy pet artwork, especially stuff that is BRILLIANT. And yours is!

Don't believe me? Think of the schlock you have seen at shows and in stores in the past!

HUGS!

And YES, check with your doctor before you stop any meds! Withdrawl is HELL. (ask me).

Remember - your doctor is the expert, but YOU are the boss.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry that you have worried yourself into depression. It is NOT a fun place to be.

Do be careful about withdrawl from antidepressants, and more importantly, find a DIFFERENT medication that DOES work. Believe us when we say, it is always "hit and miss" as to which ne will work for YOU.

Just remember that we are all here for you, and maybe we can just bring a little brightness to you while you are feeling down. So try to stay in touch. It is important not to give up all your life lines.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear this and I hope that you'll begin to feel better soon. Please talk to your doctor and take care. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Kirsten, I am so sorry to hear you aren't doing well. I am pretty uninformed about depression, so I won't offer advice, but do listen to those who have been there.

And, the advice about your photography is right on the money. If I saw beautiful work like yours, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.

All I can say is keep in touch with us here; we care about you and we will always listen and try to help.

((((hugs)))) to you!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Kirsten-

Thank you for checking in for us- many people here care about you and like to know how you are doing.

I am so sorry that things are not working out very well for you right now- I hope that things get better very soon! (((HUGS)))

Please talk to your doctor about your anti-depressants that you are taking- he/she will be able to fix some of the problems related to that!

We will be thinking of you and your girls. Let's hope that things get much better!

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous