Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I'm not posting much atm

Oh Kirsten, I am so sorry.

I've been in that situation too. I had what I thought was the most wonderful job in the world.. and then the management changed and it turned into the job from hell. I became more and more distraught, then had a nervous breakdown, was hospitalized for a week, and was a complete wreck for much longer.

The cats and I are sending you all the love and support and good energies that we can. There are a whole lot of people (AND cats) here who know how wonderful you are and what a gifted artist and who are all pulling for you and sending you love and support.

And you know that Luna and Lily are doing their best to care for you!

Keep talking with your doctor about your dissatisfactions with the medications and your frustrations and feelings in general. As others have said, it takes a while for a medication to kick in, and if one isn't effective, another can be.

We send you love and hugs and purrs and good wishes,

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer

I had a job that I hated too, and know what you are going through.
    If it was not for My Cats,I would never have made it.
    We are praying for you Kirsten, that you can get help, and with Lily and Luna helping realize how loved you are.
    Its a shame that toxic co workers can bring you down so much.
    We are praying for You Kirsten.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

~Hugggglesssssssss~

Kirsten,
    Big Huggglessssssssssssssss to ya I wish you better & brighter tomorrows... You have alot of caring people in here sending hugs and happy thoughts your way... So chin up and feel better don't give up on the meds just yet it takes at least 30 days for them to get into your system good ... However if the side effects continue and effect your daily life then id perhaps mention this to your Dr and see if he/ she has something else perhaps you might try..... Every medication effects people in different ways not that I need to tell you that I'm sure you know what perhaps works best for you...

I don't know what kind of medication your on but this one here is a good one that you might mention to your Dr with very few side effects : http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-6399...ugname=Lexapro

E-mail me if ever ya need anything [email protected] 2 ears no waiting anytime my friend.....

Hugglessss from my heart to yours....

~Celtic Dreamer~
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face

I'm sorry...I hope that things turn around for you soon.

Awww dear Kirsten, I am sorry you are going through this ..... . It was very couragious of you to come here and post about it!! It is the first big step to recovery
    It is a good idea to talk to your doctor about your reaction on those pills. But I know from experience that antidepressants only start working properly after at least 2 to 3 weeks... . In my case I felt very nervous and anxious, but these syptoms faded away after a while, untill one day when I realised the sun was shining again!!
    Take every day at one time, and let your body adjust itself to the medication.

Take care, dear Kirsten . Hugs to your nurses Lily and Luna

I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Kirsten, please do not quit taking your medication!!! The withdrawal effects can be much worse than the depression itself, and dangerous!!!! Talk with your doctor and tell him/ her how you are feeling. You might need an increase in dosage or to try something different. It took many different meds and dose changes before I found the one that works for me!

Please stay in touch with us here, so we can help you through this!

Hugs,
    Kim

Thank you everyone for your advice!

Well, I know I probably shouldn't have done it, but I didn't take my meds last night. I don't think there will be any withdrawal effects as I only took these meds for three days. I know that antidepressants can make you feel worse in the beginning, but these (Doxepin) made me so tired and dizzy and lethargic that I barely functioned. I couldn't think, I couldn't drive (and I'm depending on my car as I'm living alone), I couldn't read and I couldn't type... all I could do was lying on my bed pondering about the terrible situation (a new situation at work) I'm in.

I will talk to my doctor about this the next week, there has to be another solution. And actually I don't think this is a "real" depression, my feeling is it's some kind of burn out syndrome as a result of all the work and the worries, and the fear of existence.

Anyway, I felt a bit better today and even went photographing (and I did some more photo art tonight), and I need to be clear in my head because I need to get some legal information the next days. I don't know what's going to happen, but I least, I can try to be prepared (I'm sorry that I cannot go any further into details here, but the entire situation cannot be be explained with just a few words anyway).

Kirsten