Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hubby makes me mad( good update first op )

Quote Originally Posted by ashleycat
    I like you guys! =)
    And we like you

PS: to you and Jess, I haven't been on MSN because its been giving me problems... again. So I lurk here or play my nerdy game most of the time

facebook

https://meebo.com

YOU NERD.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Husbands are too much trouble!!!!!! they stink!!!!!!!
    Depends on who your husband is I guess. My husband loves our furkids, he's a great Mr. Mom. He's not crazy about my fish but tolerates them being all over the house. He never liked cats but now loves our two. He told me no cats, Sassys been here 7 years. Then when I brought Missy home he said he was moving out. He's still here and so is she.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I use trillian messenger. Same thing as meebo. Ki nda

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
    Depends on who your husband is I guess. My husband loves our furkids, he's a great Mr. Mom. He's not crazy about my fish but tolerates them being all over the house. He never liked cats but now loves our two. He told me no cats, Sassys been here 7 years. Then when I brought Missy home he said he was moving out. He's still here and so is she.
    Yeah lol. My hubby keeps saying so too. Well, not HIM moving, but he's still here. They are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
    HJ is the same way. He l-o-v-e-s animals. He grew up with lots of pets. He is a cat person more than a dog person, but if you could just see him when he comes home from work every night... these two are so happy to see him and to see how happy he is to see them too... I would make it to the door to greet him too but these two always beat me lol

In fact, he is the one who told me that some day we are going to get a house with lots of acerage and open a boarding kennel once I finish school to become a vet and we will board animals. He doesn't just love animals, he respects them.

And I guess to some of you I'm getting married "young", but we've been together nearly 5 years, lived together for... well the greater part of 2 or 3 years, been on our own (completely, no help from mom or dad) for almost 2 years now, and engaged for about 2 years. And we very recently went through something that really put our relationship through the ultimate test (I don't feel like getting into it though...). And we are still together. We grew together, we met young sure but we grew together and I honestly can not even think about being with anyone else.

facebook

hubby plays with mine too. Seems awefly trying to rid of them huh lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy39
    Well, what's good for the "bunny" is good for the "honey"
    Thank you for my first laugh for a long time and I agree completely!

I agree it'sthe one you pick. We dated for 3 years efore marrying. He knew what he was getting into. But he had only ever had 2 cats growing up, so geuss who has brought the series of large dogs home. right now the 2 newfs are his doing. He bought me the first angora rabbit(sure he didn't forsee 25 of them ad 25 meat rabbits(not that I bred them but I became the drop off for those cute easter bunnies that require work) He would find them n boxes on the front porch in the mornings. He never once comlaied about the feed costs. of bunnies on the dinner table as we ate. as i homeschooled or kids kept house and started a spining business . Even now after almost 28 years he doesn't say anything. In fact he just asked today if I wanted to have aother buny for my spinig demos.(after having to have my 14 year old bun pts from cancer) not sure i want ny more buns for a while he was the last of the herd . he newfs supply enough wool for now. Whith kids grown and new grand baby we want to travel and share te world with Charity I think no newpets for now.
    If you have to sneck around to get what you want youhave a problem that needs attention fast before it gets worse how will the kids veiw mom being scared of dad not good.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

~Sorry but Hubby has got to go lol I'm all for keeping animals forever & for always~
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face

I think there are positives and negatives on both sides, frankly. His goal of eliminating debt is to be commended, truly. You will be in a much better place because of it. You can help minimize costs on things like collars and extras for your pets, but using the money wisely on quality food, bedding, etc. But I assume that he agreed on every addition, including the bunny, so he needs to deal with it.

All men aren't bad. I have a very special one now. It took a while. I suggest making every attempt to support his goal, which is a noble one, but he also has to understand waht the basic needs are for your child and for your pets.

Good luck to you. I'm glad you're going through counseling.

Logan

see, his using the excuse for paying off stuff is his controling me part too. He says that to me while going out and buying stuff for him. So I am confused.

He is a good man, in general. But having my personality makes him a lousy hubby.

If I was a stronger person, and didn't let him dominate me, I'm sure he would be a better husband.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleycat
    He is a good man, in general. But having my personality makes him a lousy hubby. If I was a stronger person, and didn't let him dominate me, I'm sure he would be a better husband.
    Sorry, dear, your personality doesn't make him a lousy husband! The only person you can change is you, and if you change, it doesn't necessarily mean that he will change. He will be the same person / controlling husband he is now, until he decides to change. You have to decide what you can live with and pick your battles accordingly. Obviously your pets are extremely important to you (I think we can all relate to that here!). Perhaps there can be some compromise on both your parts? But his feeling like he should be the final word because he's the breadwinner sounds like he really has some issues to work on. You shouldn't have to sneak money or beg him for it. You're husband and wife, not employee-employer. (my ex treated me like that, which is one reason why he's my ex.) Good luck, sounds like you need to talk about this in counseling, it's important for you to be heard, and that may be the only setting you can bring it up in where he will hear you- because another person will also be listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    ONLY, ONLY, ONLY cause you posted it in the form of a question: ANYone that "tells" me what I have to do is not someone worthy of my love, respect, commitment, etc. I know someon will say, "Oh, that is cause you aren't married...compromise, submission, blah, blah"....but, no WAY does someone "tell" me what I, an adult, does or doesn't do.

I would take the husband to the pound. To think you are actually concerned that he would take her to the pound, while he knows you care for her, is rather sick, IMO.
    exactly -

I see way too many women in relationships like this and its sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Sorry, dear, your personality doesn't make him a lousy husband!
    exactly -
    HE makes himself a lousy husband.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..