Thread: Sunflower-seeds??

Sunflower-seeds??

We've had lots of beautiful sunflowers in our garden this summer. Now it is the time to pick up seeds for next year!
    I promised to send seeds to 2 persons here. But, I am willing to send of more to anybody who would like some! So, if you would like that, e-mail me your postal address!

I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Wow! they are perfect!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Lut your garden is so pretty that you could charge admission to your yard! I planted sunflower seeds one year hoping to have some nice tall plants. Just as they were getting sort of big we had a mole in the garden and he tunnelled right through the root system. Every single plant was toppled over in the morning. What are the odds of that? I haven't tried again since.

Looks like you've got plenty with several heads to one stem. We have one this year with over 100 heads on a stem 3 inches in diameter. If my camera weren't broken that would be an awesome picture.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Only ONE request ?? Hey, I don't mind sending overseas!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I've PM'd you Lut. Thanks so very much for the offer

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'll take some. What's the charge?

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Be careful when shipping to the US or UK - they have very strict regulations about fruit, food, seeds etc being brought into their countries!

(I tried to send some yummy dates as part of a gift package once, and the package got opened then sent back )

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    Be careful when shipping to the US or UK - they have very strict regulations about fruit, food, seeds etc being brought into their countries!

(I tried to send some yummy dates as part of a gift package once, and the package got opened then sent back )
    I am not planning to put on the envelope what's inside ... . It will be in a coated envelope, I hope it will work

Lut. I have always been so fascinated by your garden. It is gorgeous, and the sunflowers are beautiful!!! I'm sure the tiels would love your garden. Sunflower seeds are their most favorite seeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Cat's Mommy

That is strange. We live in California, state with the most strict regulations when it comes to bringing fruit/seeds/veggies from other countries, but everytime we make a trip to the Middle East, we come back with LOTS of dates, claim it, and they let them in just fine. For some reason, they don't really have a problem with dates. Other fruits, you can forget about ever bringing here......but dates? From my experience, they allow dates, considering it a 'dry fruit'.

Dates in the Middle East are SO good. It is Ramadan now, and traditionally, we break our fast in the evening with dates, so I bought a huge box of dates from Saudi Arabia. Mmmm....California dates are good, but they don't come close to comparing to Middle Eastern dates.

Oh Lut, how beautiiful! I would love some seeds if you don't mind sending them to me. Do you still have my address? Thank you!

Love,
    Jenneke

Your Gardens are so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Oh ~~~~ so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Those Sunflowers ( the two toned ones) are brilliant!!!!!!