Thread: is my staffy having a false pregnancy?

is my staffy having a false pregnancy?

hi, my staffy was mated on 22/08/06 and shes put on weight, her nipples are enlarged, her stomach is very hard, about 3 wks ago she was being sick once aday but thats stopped now, shes was eating everything she could get but in the last 2 days shes been very picky about her food and wont eat her normal food. she sleeps alot more than before, also in the last 3 days shes had milk coming out of her nipples. Ive been told shes having a false pregnancy. Are these the signs? or will she be pregant as she was mated on her 16th day on season and she stoped bleeding the next day which was odd as it was 6 days early.

She sounds pregnant to me, and if she's producing milk already, she's very very close to giving birth.
    I've been BOO'd!

Get her to the veterinarian. Only a vet can tell you if it is a false pregnancy or a real one, and if she IS pregnant, she should get an exam anyway!

she def. sounds pregnant to me as well! i'd take her to the vet just to check to see if everything is okay inside and out! have you checked her temp? sounds like she is getting very close! hope all goes well and let us know how it goes!!

Quote Originally Posted by cazza25
    hi, my staffy was mated on 22/08/06 and shes put on weight, her nipples are enlarged, her stomach is very hard, about 3 wks ago she was being sick once aday but thats stopped now, shes was eating everything she could get but in the last 2 days shes been very picky about her food and wont eat her normal food. she sleeps alot more than before, also in the last 3 days shes had milk coming out of her nipples. Ive been told shes having a false pregnancy. Are these the signs? or will she be pregant as she was mated on her 16th day on season and she stoped bleeding the next day which was odd as it was 6 days early.
    Well its almost 63 days later now so what happened? if she did not end up with pups, I would suggest a half a capsule of cranberry or daily vitamins to move her b complex along out of false pregnancy. The reason for the cranberry is to keep the urinary tract moving as most females in false heat get these infections. I feed raw diet, but still use Missing Link vitamins as they are the most rich in vitamin b and omege 6 and 3 which is vital for any dog....

It could be false but most likely sounds like a real one. If she is pregnant ands producing milk then its only a couple days away. about 1 to 4 days away and if shes panting alot and acting different you should really get her to the vet asap!

well I have had females produce milk without pups. I think at this point, a trip to the vet is in order...

Well the only way to know for sure is to take her to the vet!
    Your staffy sounds beautiful! I'd love to see pictures...
    Welcome to PT, by the way My name is Makayla...