Thread: Iams

Iams

Does Wal Mart Sell Iams?????? If Im Not Mistaken I Saw It There, And Why Does Everyone Say If Nutro Starts Selling Their Food There They Will Quit Buying It???????????????

Yes, Wal-Mart sells Iams. In my opinion, absolutely any food that is sold in a store like Wal-Mart or any sort of grocery store is not a good food. Nutro has down graded to using a poor ingredient in a lot of their formulas to make it cheaper for the company to make and isn't really a whole lot better than a lot of the the grocery store foods anymore. Nutro already has moved into a lot of Wal-Marts and people have quit feeding it because there are much better brands out there and they also believe that there are not any good foods in Wal-Mart. The only stores where I live that have premium brand kibble are the small, privately owned pet speciality stores...those are the only places I buy food from.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

The reason i ask is because i seen a commercial the other day and it said it had no fillers in it. and catlady a vet assistant said she goes they go to seminars a lot and iams is a good quality food and her vet doesnt endorse any dog food or sell many at the vet.

WalMart does sell Iams, as do most grocery stores. My puppy is on Iams Puppy food for large breeds since that is what his breeder started him on. He is doing terrific.

I really don't know a lot about the Nutro argument, but have seen some things on a couple of sites. Since I don't use Nutro, I really haven't paid a whole lot of attention.

Logan

My dog's had small health problems off and on and he's been on Iams his whole life. I'm switching to Blue Buffalo soon which is priced a lot like Iams but a lot better. Iams has a lot of corn in it. (or at least minichiunks adult does)

Niņo & Eliza

The problem with them advertising "no fillers" is that nobody has describes what a "filler" is in dog food. IMO, corn (one of the major ingredients in Iams) is a filler, becasue it's less then 50% digestible and it causes a lot of allergic reastions in dogs.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I live next to IAMS, I have toured IAMS and I won't put thier food in my Collies mouth. Thats all I will say.
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/news/2002/asa2.htm
    A gal asked this question over in Cat Forum. I want to share what I found on line.
    This is what I found (see above link) 2002 article about Iams and Eukanuba dog foods. Nutro was challenging Iams for quality.

I did a search on Nutro's site and Walmart does not come up as a place to buy Nutro food. Only places I've seen it is PetSmart and stores like that or Tractor Supply stores.

Iams products you can buy just about anywhere.

Hope this clears any confussion up.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady

I did a search on Nutro's site and Walmart does not come up as a place to buy Nutro food. Only places I've seen it is PetSmart and stores like that or Tractor Supply stores.

Iams products you can buy just about anywhere.

Hope this clears any confussion up.
    The posts said that they MAY start selling at wal-marts, apparently it has not been completely aggreed upon as to sell nutro at wal-marts! So im assuming that if you do a search of nutro and find that wal-mart doesnt sell it, that it still is in the works and is undecided!

Quote Originally Posted by coco-bean
    The posts said that they MAY start selling at wal-marts, apparently it has not been completely aggreed upon as to sell nutro at wal-marts! So im assuming that if you do a search of nutro and find that wal-mart doesnt sell it, that it still is in the works and is undecided!
    Could very well be still undecided, interesting that this article was in 2002 and it's now 2006 and nothing has happened.
    I hope they dont re-formulate sell at Walmart. I've been using their products for over 3 years now and love it just way it is and buying it at PetSmart.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor