Thread: Norwegian Forest Cat ??

Norwegian Forest Cat ??

Our beautiful girl who recently died was a stray (we had her sixteen years)..I think she was part Norwegian Forest Cat but since she was a stray I never knew for sure.

Does anyone here have a Norwegian Forest Cat? Or can someone share more about their personality and looks? Anything about them would be most appreciated.

What about pointing me to a good website if you know one? Otherwise I can try "google"---- just thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks,

treybabe
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

Heh, I wish I could type out some info from my copy of the Complete Encyclopedia of Cats for you. Right now it is being used, though.

This is my Soni, who I suspect may be part NFC.

[QUOTE=Wenisrubber]Heh, I wish I could type out some info from my copy of the Complete Encyclopedia of Cats for you. Right now it is being used, though.

This is my Soni, who I suspect may be part NFC. QUOTE]

Wenisrubber, I can't believe it but your Soni really looks exactly like Kipper who was trey's son. Kip died in 98 at the age of 7 but he was also a large tuxedo with the same black spot and that beautiful long hair. We always thought he looked NFC too.
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

Oh, Soni is HANDSOME!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

CFA Wegie page

http://www.cfa.org/breeds/profiles/norwegian.html

They're big, athletic, very friendly, and some people say they do better in pairs so they have someone to play with when the humans aren't around. They're leapers, climbers, and just plain lovely. If I were the sort to select a "breed," this would be the one. But while variety is the spice of life, it's the essential ingredient for healthy kitty DNA!

Love, Columbine

I'm so sorry to hear about your cats passing.

I was told by some breeders at a cat show that my cat Sky is a Norwegian Forest Cat/Siamese Mix. I brought his picture with me to a cat show. He's a large cat and weighs about 13lbs. He has a very fluffy tail and long toe tufts. He acts more like a dog than a cat because he's so social and loves to be with people. I adopted him from the Humane Society when they were at a cat show and when he was in the ring being introduced, he wasn't the least bit shy or scared. He has the most gorgeous sky blue eyes so this is why I named him Sky. He was a stray and his fur was so matted that he had to be shaved so he looked like a little lamb when I adopted him. I knew he would have long hair but I never imagined how handsome he would become. He's now 4 years old and will be 5 in June. He also has a little raspy baby voice which is so cute for such a big cat.

This is what he looked like when I first adopted him.

This is Sky at his fluffiest.

This is what he looks like today.

Sky high

What a gorgeous cat! And what a sweet face!

Love, Columbine

i have a question about my puppy dog!

hello everyone sorry i never really talked on here before im pretty new at it but i was wondering if anyone could help me out with signs of a pregnant dog? i was planning on keeping my female golden retriever away from my male golden when she went in her heat but shes 10 months old and i couldnt even tell if she went in heat because i never saw blood, but now shes laying around more and even threw up a few times but still has an appitite and is plaful still? does anyone know if she could be getting ready to go in heat or has been and is pregnant?

norwegian forest cats

Wenisrubber
    I have a cat that looks almost exactly like yours in the picture. I wondered for a long time what breed he was then someone told me he looked like a norwegian forest cat and since then I have looked them up and he does look like that breed. he is very playful and active, more active than the others and he usually can't get the others to play with him and "whines" .I play with him alot with his string and toy mice. he is also a jumper and leaper, always jumping to the top of the 6 ft kitty tower in one leap, in a single bound like superman lol. or he will practically "fly" from one tower across to the next one! he's very energetic!

this would be better posted in the dog section, rather than in the cat breed section. you may get a better response there.

Quote Originally Posted by columbine
    What a gorgeous cat! And what a sweet face!

Love, Columbine
    Yes, I agree with columbine here, sky. A really handsome kitty and looks very NFC.

We also had a Maine Coon several years back. They look like NFC but there is a slight difference in the face bones. I also love Maine Coons.

treybabe