Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found a new job!!!! and some life updates

I found a new job!!!! and some life updates

I just got back from spending a few hours at a local vet hospital that I had an interview with late last week. I was there this morning just to see how I like it, if it would be a place I would like to work at & by golly it is! I'll be starting on the 11th of October.
    I of course have to take a pay cut but it still pays more than what other vets start you off at in my area and I will be getting a raise in 1-2 months. But I must say that it will still be VERY VERY hard. I am honestly literally living paycheck to paycheck right now and have close to $3000 worth of repairs that NEED to be done on my car & house and SOON otherwise I won't have a car that runs & house that has floors, or a hot water heater for that matter. I honestly don't know how we are going to get all these repairs done even if I could keep my current job but I had to find another job so I guess I have to deal with it.
    As you've probably guessed, my luck has not changed. We are still dealing with a lot of bad events and the like day in & day out, except this job, it does make me happier. Things have been falling apart on us so fast that not only can we not get on top of things but we can't even keep up with them. It's really hard on me.
    To make money matters even worse I need to get a few new (gently used) outfits & a new pair of sneakers for this job. I don't have hardly any clothes left that I can wear there.

I am so excited over the job, finally something I actually enjoy doing once again. But the pay is going to kill me. I know somehow, someway it will work out (at least that's what they say) but it's still going to be very tough.

There is a slight chance that I will work one half day once a week & I do have the weekends off so there is a chance I could get a part time job. But I won't know that for sure until I start. She's still figuring out my schedule. Even so it won't be much but it will be some. Hopefully at least enough to make my paycheck equal what I make now, even though it's not enough it will help.

I want to let yous know that you probably won't be hearing a lot from me nor seeing a lot of me after I start this job. We have no internet at home because we have other more important things we need to take care of first, but I'll try to stop by the library ever so often to pop in & say hi. I won't forgot about any of yous though. PT is my own little retreat, I don't know how I'll make it without yous but hopefully it won't be for too awful long.

If anyone would like my phone number or the like please pm me.

An update on Missy, my friend who is staying with me. She has a great job (well the job isn't that great but she makes decent money) and is finally starting to get back on her feet. The thing is I am trying to sell my van which is what she uses to get & back froth to work with. I can't keep it just for her to use as I NEED the money. Granted I probably won't getany more than $900 for it but that $900 is certainly needed. But I don't know what is going to happen to her once I sell it. She knew about this from day one, that I need to sell my van but she can use it until I sell it. Granted it's been for sale for a month now with no serious inquiries until now, but I haven't even put an add in the paper (no money) all I have is just a for sale sign in the van window. lol But I have someone who seems interested in it looking at it tomorrow afternoon.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Congratulations on your new job! That's so exciting - I know that it's something that you have been worried about for a while, so I am glad that it worked out well. I know that you are worried about money but it looks like maybe some things are starting to fall into place for you, so maybe other things will follow. I'm glad that things are going well for Missy, hopefully she'll be able to find transportation once you sell the van. I'm sure she understands your need to sell it. I understand your not being able to be around much, but we will miss you like crazy! Check in with us from time to time when you can and let us know how things are going. ((((hugs))))

Congrats on the new job! What will you be doing at the vets? I would love to work at a vets. Sue, I have a lot of really nice pants that my sister in law gave me. They dont fit me they might be way to big for you. There a size 14. They dont look like they have ever been worn. She takes really good care of her clothes. There's quite a few capris and levis. Some of the levis are black. My sister in law is really tall. 5"9 so they are pretty long. Pm me if you are intrested. I will sure miss you and the fur kids.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

aw man!!....I´m soooo hapy for you and your new job.......hoping everything goes great and you gt that raise soon.......meanwhile I´m sure you´ll do just fine........you have done a LOT for others when in need, and I DO believe in karma, soooo.........good thing for you too!!........

but I must say I´m also kind of sad, that´s why my first two words LOL.......cause I´m gonna miss you so much.......I love your posts and I will be Kaige, Nook, Raustyk,Indy, Kitties, Ferrets,etc. depleted.....wishing you the best, you are a GREAT person and deserve nothing else........wishing to see around and please don´t forget us.......any chance you get just tell us a brief in how you are ok??.......((hugs)) and kisses to you and the furry
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I am happy that you got a new job.. and It sounds like a blessing.. Both you and the animals you work with will be blessed.. I am glad things are starting to look up for you.

I hate to hear that you won't be on often. I know I sure will miss seeing post from you. Please stop by when you can.

I'm glad to hear you found a job that you will like! I hope other things in your life turn up soon.

Wishing you lots of luck. I hope you can compensate with a weekend part time job. Selfishly, I sure will miss seeing your kids, especially my Kaige Man. What size are you? PM me......

I've been Boooo'd!

Sue so glad to hear things are looking up for you . You and Missy are always in my prayers.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Yeah, PM with what size you are, what kinds of outfits you're in need of ... and an address, just in case!

Congratulations on the new job! Prayers on the way that things work out. And with Missy's new job working out, maybe she can carpool or do public transportation until she can get a car, when your van sells.

More good news. Gosh I hope this keeps up! .

Missy will be buying my van. We wrote up an agreement that is signed & will be notorized this Friday or Saturday. She gave me a good down payment and will make weekly payments for about a month until it is paid off.
    This means that she will be staying with us for a couple/few more months than planned but it really helps everyone in the end. She has a place to stay and a vehicle and I sold my van & we have some extra income coming in from her "rent". We also have someone to help us care for the critters if we have other plans or the like (missy).

Last night someone showed up at my house from a cable company that I have been trying to resolve an issue with for years now.
    Summary of the story: An ex b/f caused me many problems a few years ago, including stealing my identity & running up about 12-14,000 dollars worth of bills. Over the years I've tried lawyers, etc... ended up not being to resolve most of the isses so I had to pay for most of them out of my own pocket. Thank god I was able to talk some of them down in price. I ended up having to pay for about $8,000 worth of damages out of my own pocket. I had all but a few problems resolved by last year finally.
    Well this guy said that they finally got a hold of my e/x (who's back in the area) and he's being charged for these damages. I no longer owe them anything! Woohoo, that saves me $200 and now when my pocket book allows it I can get the only high speed internet that is offered in my area.

It's not much but hey, it's getting better for me already.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Sue that's awesome! I'm so glad that Missy is able to buy your van, that helps so much! See, I thought that things would all start falling into place. I am so happy for you right now, let's hope this good luck keeps up!

Yahoo good things coming your way . so glad.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Glad to hear things are improving, Sue. Your new job sounds like one you'll enjoy! Hope things continue to improve for you, Joe, and all the furries.

*edit - pm me your sizes & address too. I'll keep an eye out for good deals at work!

Congrats on the new job!! I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles, but at least a few things are working out. Hopefully the small good things will keep on happening until things turn around completely.

New job! This is the start of things looking up for you! Good luck!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk