Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good bye to Trey

Good bye to Trey

You can guess how precious she was to me because even my user names is like hers.

Anyway, I wrote my niece this afternoon this and copy it here to share with all of you who understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We just got back from the vet's where we had Trey put down today. She died purring and looking into my eyes while I said good-bye. It was a precious but, oh ,so hard moment for me. The people there were really gracious and loving. Hubby was super about it and really found it hard too. He carried her in as she laid on her cushion. We didn't need a carrier.

We gave her a bath this a.m. in order to get her ready to bring to town since we are moving. But she had a really hard time navigating today. She sounded like she was in even greater pain. Trey has always been a talker and I knew that she was telling me it was time to go. She seemed disorientated and just didn't want to move again. When we brought her to the vet in the car I kept stroking her neck.

She was all groomed, had her shots two weeks ago, and ready to go to our new house. But I think she was ready to take the rainbow bridge instead. Anyway, I have been tearing all day long and will no doubt continue for a while.

Such good companionship and unconditional love from this beloved pet. God, it's hard every time. She was almost 17 and we got her as a stray when she was about seven or eight months old.

She will be remembered with love always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

Rest in peace, sweet Trey, the pain is over now, and you can watch over your people in their move from your safe spot at the Rainbow Bridge.

Here's to Trey's good, long life.
    She will be sorely missed by her humans.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Trey

What a long, loving life, Trey - purring at your mom and looking into her eyes...

Watch over your family from the Bridge, Trey.

Nowhere could you have been loved more!

HUGS to you and your family. Rest peacefully.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry for your loss, but rest assured that you did the right thing by heloing Trey to the RB. She is no longer in pain, is playing hard with the other PT kitties, and is watching you as you make your move to your new home.

RIP sweet Trey, RIP little one.

Talking

We are soerry to hear about Trey.
    You did the best you could for her, and were there to see her off to her final destination.
    And she misses you, and will be there to greet you when she sees you coming up the path to the Rainbow Bridge.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm sorry to hear about Trey's passing. I know it was a very hard thing for you to do. She is not in any pain now, it was the right thing for you to do, however. I will be praying for you, treybabe.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Unhappy

Right up to the very end, Trey was surrounded by your love, and that was so important to her! She loved you, as you loved her for so many years. Sleep softly, sweet Trey...
    Nine is Fine!!

They do not pass quickly.

My heartfelt thanks to you all. I knew this is the place where you would understand. I am still tearing up every so often since yesterday. I have fine memories of our little, Trey, girl kitty when she was young and so lively. I see her chasing dandilion puffs, or leaves, or snowflakes and romping though the woods with her beautiful son.

She will not pass quickly this kitty who shared our lives. And she will always be remembered. Here is a picture taken a few years ago when she could still climb. Please click on the thumbnail to get a good look at our beautiful girl.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

Sweet Trey. You will be missed much here on earth. RIP.

11. How nice that Trey was groomed and looking good to cross the bridge!

Godspeed Trey....you were so loved....

I am so sorry on the loss of your beloved Trey. Thank you for taking her in when she was a youngin and giving her such a loving and caring home for 17 years. She lived a good long life.

May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace sweet Trey and have fun up there on the RB.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

RIP sweet Trey.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Sorry for your loss,I know exactly how you feel.It sounds like trey was a lucky cat.

Trey was a beautiful cat! I know how much you miss her and you will continue to miss her ( I lost a cat 5 years ago and still miss her) but it will be with fond memories.take time to look at her pictures and remember all her years with you! you gave her the best life she could have had.