Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My friends cat is VERY sick....

My friends cat is VERY sick....

Some of you might remember this thread I posted a while ago:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...hlight=Bliksem

Since then this cat went through lots of vet-visits!! They found out he has kidney-problems: they work for only 30% anymore This explains the drinking!
    BUT, one week ago, Bliksem stopped eating and later also stopped drinking. He went to the vet and stayed there 4 days, getting extra fluids.
    After he went back home, he kept refusing eating and drinking, so he has lost almost half his weight by now.... .
    Today my friend came to my house and told me that Bliksem is throwing up everything they manage to get in his mouth, and the poor thing cannot stand on his feet anymore because he is so weak. I went to see Bliksem, and he looks sooooo bad; so listless, in lots of pain and skinny.
    I think it is time to help Bliksem to the Rainbow Bridge.... . My friend agrees with me; but she is so scared that the vet and other people will call her a "murderer" .... . She is very attached to her cat; she is crying her eyes out all the time... . I told her that NOBODY would call her names and that she would be doing a good deed by letting her pet PTS.... .

What do you all think? I am right, isn't it?

These are a few pics of handsome Bliksem. The name "Bliksem" means "lightning"! You can see why he got that name!!
    Please include this sweet cat in your prayers...

She also owns a beautiful English CockerSpaniel, called Tobey
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Lut, I am so sorry. It seems to me, that at this point, the vet would encourage her to let him go. I have always been fortunate that my vet and I knew at the same time.

Logan

Bliksen is a beauty. He doesn't look like he is 15 on the pictures.

It's difficult to judge and I would not give an opinion just from your description of course. Your friend and the vet are the best to see how Bliksen feels. What does the vet say?
    If he is really bad, I hope she has the courage to take the decision. It's always hard. She's lucky having you.

Nobody who truly loves animals would call your friend a murderer! If she makes the decision to let her beloved cat go she will be doing the kindest thing that anyone can for their pet.

When I had to let my CallyPuss go it was the hardest thing for me but what I knew was the right thing for her - I loved her too much to watch her suffer any more...
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Thats the hardest decision that we have to make for our Pets.
    Being a Pet Guardian is not an easy job.
    Bliksem has been to the Vets many times, and if he has to go to the Rainbow Bridge, then his Guardians have done everything they can for him.
    As much as we wish they to, Our Cats do not last forever.
    We are praying for Big Bliksem.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Please tell your friend how sorry I am, but I do believe it is time to let her kitty end his suffering! It is the only humane thing to do at this point!

Hugs to her!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum
    If she makes the decision to let her beloved cat go she will be doing the kindest thing that anyone can for their pet.
    That is EXACTLY what I told her!!

Thanks for all the sweet replies! Bliksem is such a handsome male, and he is getting along so well with their dog Tobey
    Tobey will be lost without his pal...
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Poor kitty! Letting a pet go is one of the hardest things we can do, but sometimes it's also the best decision. ((((hugs)))) to your friend. My thoughts are prayers are with her.

Having gone through this with four kidney problem cats, and judging by what is posted, this is definitely the time to use the blessing of euthanasia. Before it happens you always feel that you are "acting like god" and rushing things, but afterwards you often feel that you should have acted sooner - all normal for someone who loves their pet so desperately. Sympathies to your friend. I'm glad she will be able to turn to you for comfort and reassurance after she loses her cat friend, Bilksem.

She can always ask the vet the question: What would you do if it was your cat?

This is sooo hard....like almost everyone here, I have had to make the decision - he was not an old adult either, but his kidneys went to about 25%...he was losing weight and unhappy, he'd lash out if touched, but never hurt me.

I feel so for your friend...I am glad you are there with her.

HUGS to you both, and the dear kitty.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am sorry to hear of your friend's sick cat. I feel she would be doing the best thing for the cat by having him PTS. Tell her that we all here at PT support her 200%.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

I told FRANCINE all the advize you all gave me here; she is VERY grateful for the support!!She will let her vet decide, asking him to do what he would do if Bliksem would be HIS cat. She was crying very hard, saying "THANK YOU Pet Talk" !!!

to you sweet Bliksem !!!

Poor Bliksem! He seems to suffer and I think it's the right time to let him go to the RB. I know it's hard, but hopefully your friend will see it's the right decision. With the health problems he has, his life is no fun.

My sympathy to your friend.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Give Francine lots of PT hugs!

We all have been right in her shoes...

This is so sad...I wish Bliksem could recover a bit and feel better...but it doesn't seem the case.

HUGS again, and prayers
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor kitty.... I feel for your friend, as we ALL know that this is not an easy decision! But it does sound to me like helping him to the RB is in his best interest. God Bless your friend and her kitty and pup. They are in my prayers. I know she will make the right decsion.