View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of a joke thread?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

148 86.05%
  • No

24 13.95%
Page 57 of 86 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: joke thread

Two blonde guys are driving a car on a very hilly road. They get to the top of a very high, steep hill and they start going down it very fast. The guy driving says "Oh my god! The brakes don't work!" and the guy in the passenger seat says "don't worry, there's a stop sign at the end of this hill."

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

ANALOGIES AND METAPHORS FOUND IN HIGH SCHOOL ESSAYS

Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two other sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.

She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife's infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM.

McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.

Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.

The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.

John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.

He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.

Even in his last years, Grandpappy had a mind like a steel trap, only one that had been left out so long, it had rusted shut.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.

The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law, Phil. But, unlike Phil, this plan just might work.

The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.

It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.

He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.

Her eyes were like limpid pools, only they had forgotten to put in any pH cleanser.

She walked into my office like a centipede with 98 missing legs.

Her voice had that tense, grating quality, like a generation thermal paper fax machine that needed a band tightened.

It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

1) When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." --Author Unknown

2) Advice for the day: If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin" and "Keep away from children" --Author Unknown

3) "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

4) "Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house," --Rod Stewart

5) "The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job, but if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house." --Jeff Foxworthy

6) "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." --Robin Williams

7) "If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base." --Dave Barry

8) "What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them?" --Marilyn Pittman

9) "Relationships are hard. It's like a full time job, and we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks' notice. There should be severance pay, and before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp." --Bob Ettinger

10) My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, "Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim." --Paula Poundstone

11) "A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: "Duh." -Conan O'Brien

12) "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God.... I could be eating a slow learner." --Lynda Montgomery

13) "I think that's how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just
    isn't cold enough. Let's go west.'" --Richard Jeni

14) "If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators> would be dead." --Johnny Carson

15) "Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography." --Paul Rodriguez

16) "My parents didn't want to move to Florida, but they turned sixty, and that's the law." -Jerry Seinfeld

17) "Remember in elementary school, you were told that in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file line from smallest to tallest. What is the logic in that? What, do tall people burn slower?" --Warren Hutcherson

18) "Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same." --Oscar Wilde

19) "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

20) "Our bombs are smarter than the average high school student. At least they can find Afghanistan." --A. Whitney Brown

21) "Ah, yes, divorce..., from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet." --Robin Williams

22) "Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself." --Roseanne

23) "Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place." --Billy Crystal

24) "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" --Dave Barry

25) Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because " Mad Cow Disease" was taken. --Unknown, presumed deceased
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Bits of Wisdom

Love is grand;
    divorce is a hundred grand.
    I am in shape.
    Round is a shape.
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.

Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world.
    A pessimist fears that this is true.

There will always be death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
    Dijon vu --
    the same mustard as before.
    I am a nutritional overachiever.
    I am having an out of money experience.
    I plan on living forever. So far, so good.
    Practice safe eating --
    always use condiments.
    A day without sunshine is like night.
    If marriage were outlawed, only outlaws would have in-laws.

It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
    Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

Age doesn't always bring wisdom.
    Sometimes age comes alone.

Life not only begins at forty, it also begins to show.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stopped laughing.

You know you're living in the 02's when:

1. You have 5 passwords, but can only remember one.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

4. You e-mail your buddy who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they do not have e-mail addresses.

6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.

7. When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally insert a "9" to get an outside line.

8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.

9. Your company's welcome sign is attached with Velcro.

10. Your resume is on a diskette in your pocket.

11. You can only write on 'sticky pads'.

12. Your biggest loss from a system crash was when you lost all of your best jokes.

13. Your supervisor doesn't have the ability to do your job.

14. Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get long-service awards.

15. Board members salaries are higher than all the Third World countries annual budgets combined.

16. Interviewees, despite not having relevant knowledge or experience, terminate the interview when told of the starting salary.

17. Free food left over from meetings is your staple diet.

18. Your supervisor gets a brand-new state-of-the-art laptop with all the latest features, while you have time to go for lunch while yours boots up.

19. Being sick is defined as you can't walk or you're in hospital.

20. There's no money in the budget for the five permanent staff your department desperately needs, but they can afford four full-time management consultants advising your boss's boss on strategy.

21. Your relatives and family describe your job as "works with computers".

AND THE CLINCHERS ARE..

22. You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.

23. As you read this list, you THINK about forwarding it to your "friends".

Martha Stewart vs Me

Martha's way #1: Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
    My way: Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake, you are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it
    anyway.

Martha's way #2: Use a meat baster to "squeeze" your pancake batter onto the hot griddle and you'll get perfectly shaped pancakes every time.
    My way: Buy the precooked kind you nuke in the microwave for 30 seconds. The hard part is getting them out of the plastic bag.

Martha's way #3: To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
    My way: Buy Hungry Jack mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry for up to a year.

Martha's way #4: To prevent eggshells from cracking, add a pinch of salt to the water before hard boiling.
    My way: Who cares if they crack, aren't you going to take the shells off anyway?

Martha's way #5: To get the most juice out of fresh lemons, bring them to room temperature and roll them under your palm against the kitchen counter before squeezing.
    My way: Sleep with the lemons in between the mattress and box springs.

Martha's way #6: To easily remove burnt-on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover bottom of pan, and bring to a boil on stovetop.
    My way: Eat at Chili's every night and avoid cooking.

Martha's way #7: Spray your Tupperware with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato based sauces and there won't be any stains.
    My way: Feed your garbage disposal and there won't be any leftovers.

Martha's way #8: When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.
    My way: Go to the bakery. They'll even decorate it for you.

Martha's way #9: If you accidentally over salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an
    instant "fix me up".
    My way: If you over salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too darn bad.
    My motto: I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes.

Martha's way #10: Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
    My way: Celery? Never heard of the stuff.

Martha's way #11: Brush some beaten egg white over piecrust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
    My way: The Mrs. Smith frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust and so I don't do it.

Martha's way #12: Place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it.
    My Way: Brown sugar is supposed to be "soft"?

Martha's way #13: When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness.
    My Way: The only kind of corn I buy comes in a can.

Martha's way #14: To determine whether an egg is fresh, immerse it in a pan of cool, salted water. If it sinks, it is fresh, but if it rises to the
    surface, throw it away.
    My way: Eat, cook, or use the egg anyway. If you feel bad later, you will know it wasn't fresh.

Martha's way #15: Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
    My way: Martha, dear, the only reason this works is because you can't rub a lime on your forehead without getting lime juice in your eye, and then the problem isn't the headache anymore, it is because you are now blind.

Martha's way #16: Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
    My way: Leftover wine?

Martha's way #17: If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
    My way: Go ask the neighbor to do it.

Martha's way #18: Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Just slice and rub raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.
    My way: Mashed potatoes will now be replacing the anti-bacterial soap in the handy dispenser next to my sink.

Martha's way #19: Now look what you can do with Alka Seltzer.
    * Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous
    china.
    * Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets.
    * Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes.
    * Clean a thermos bottle. Fill the bottle with water, drop in four Alka-Seltzer tablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).
    My way: Put your jewelry, vases, and thermos in the toilet. Add some Alka-Seltzer and you have solved a whole bunch of problems at once.

Wonderful Pauline!

A friend of mine is a deputy with the sheriff's department canine
    unit. One evening, the deputy was dispatched to the scene of a
    possible burglary, where he discovered the back door of a building
    ajar.

He let the dog out his patrol car and commanded it to enter and
    seek. Jumping from the back seat, the dog headed for the
    building. After lunging through the doorway, the dog froze and
    backed out. My friend was puzzled until he investigated further.

Then he noticed the sign on the building:

"Veterinarian's Office."

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

hehehehe LOL Anna
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

Australian Airline Humor!!!!!

> This is from maintenance logs of Qantas: Never let it be said that
    ground
    > > crews and engineers lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual logged
    > > maintenance complaints by QANTAS pilots and the corrective action
    recorded
    > > by mechanics. By the way, Qantas is the only major airline that has
    never
    > > had an accident. P stands for the problem the pilots entered in the
    > > log,and S stands for the corrective action taken by the mechanics.
    > >
    > > P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
    > > S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.
    > >
    > > P: Test flight OK, except autoland very rough.
    > > S: Autoland not installed on this aircraft.
    > >
    > > P: Something loose in cockpit.
    > > S: Something tightened in cockpit.
    > >
    > > P: Dead bugs on windshield.
    > > S: Live bugs on backorder.
    > >
    > > P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200-fpm descent.
    > > S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.
    > >
    > > P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
    > > S: Evidence removed.
    > >
    > > P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
    > > S: DME volume set to more believable level.
    > >
    > > P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
    > > S: That's what they're there for!
    > >
    > > P: IFF inoperative.
    > > S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.
    > >
    > > P: Suspected crack in windscreen.
    > > S: Suspect you're right.
    > >
    > > P: Number 3 engine missing. (note: this was for a piston-engined
    airplane;
    > > the pilot meant the engine was not running smoothly)
    > > S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.
    > >
    > > P: Aircraft handles funny.
    > > S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.
    > >
    > > P: Radar hums.
    > > S: Reprogrammed radar with words.
    > >
    > > P: Mouse in cockpit.
    > > S: Cat installed.
    >
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Re: Australian Airline Humor!!!!!

Originally posted by delidog
    P: Aircraft handles funny.
    S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.
    I can't stop laughing at this one!
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

it was the best i've seen in awhile!!!!!

hope that Miss Meow and Captain see it!!
    The Deli Dog

Just to tweak most all of our members...

TRADITIONAL CAPITALISM:

You have two cows.
    You sell one and buy a bull.
    Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows.
    You sell them and retire on the income.

AMERICAN CAPITALISM:

You have two cows.
    You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred via an intermediary to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company. The annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an
    option on one more. Sell one cow to buy a new president of the United States, leaving you with
    nine cows. No balance sheet provided with the release.
    The public buys your bull.

AN AUSTRALIAN CORPORATION:

You have two cows.
    You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows.
    You are surprised when the cow drops dead.

A FRENCH CORPORATION:

You have two cows.
    You go on strike because you want three cows.

A JAPANESE CORPORATION:

You have two cows.
    You redesign them so they are one-tenth the size of an ordinary cow and produce twenty times the milk.
    You then create clever cow cartoon images called Cowkimon and market them world-wide.

A GERMAN CORPORATION:

You have two cows.
    You reengineer them so they live for 100 years, eat once a month, and milk themselves.

A BRITISH CORPORATION:

You have two cows.
    Both are mad.

AN ITALIAN CORPORATION:

You have two cows, but you don't know where they are.
    You break for lunch.

A RUSSIAN CORPORATION:

You have two cows.
    You count them and learn you have five cows.
    You count them again and learn you have 42 cows.
    You count them again and learn you have 12 cows.
    You stop counting cows and open another bottle of vodka.

A SWISS CORPORATION:

You have 5000 cows, none of which belong to you.
    You charge others for storing them.

A CHINESE CORPORATION:

You have two cows.
    You have 300 people milking them.
    You claim full employment, high bovine productivity, and arrest the newsman who reported the numbers.

Amber Lee,
    That is classic!!!!
    I love it!!!!!

heres' a little blonde joke for you:

Two bored casino dealers were waiting at a craps table. A very
    attractive blonde woman arrived and bet twenty-thousand dollars on a
    single roll of the dice. She said, "I hope you don't mind,but I feel much
    luckier
    when I'm completely nude.
    " With that, she stripped from her neck down, rolled the dice and
    yelled,
    "Mama needs new clothes!" Then she hollered..."YES! YES! I WON!"

She jumped up and down and hugged each of the dealers. She then
    picked up all the money and clothes and quickly departed.
    The dealers just stared at each other dumbfounded. Finally, one of
    them asked, "What did she roll?" The other answered, "I don't know I
    thought YOU were watching!"

Moral: Not all blondes are dumb, but all men are men!!!

The Deli Dog

>Zebediah was in the fertilized egg business. He had
    >several hundred young layers, called pullets, and eight
    >or ten roosters, whose job was to fertilize the eggs.
    >
    >Zeb kept records, and any rooster that didn't perform
    >well went into the soup pot and was replaced. That took
    >an awful lot of Zeb's time; so, Zeb got a set of tiny
    >bells and attached them to his roosters.
    >
    >Each bell had a different tone so that Zeb could tell,
    >from a distance, which rooster was performing.
    >
    >Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an
    >efficiency report simply by listening to the bells.
    >
    >Zeb's favorite rooster was old Brewster. A very fine
    >specimen he was, too.
    >
    >But on this particular morning, Zeb noticed that
    >Brewster's bell had not rung at all!!
    >
    >Zeb went to investigate.
    >
    >The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells a-
    >ringing! The pullets, hearing the roosters coming,
    >would run for cover.
    >
    >BUT, to Zeb's amazement, Brewster had his bell in his
    >beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet,
    >do his job and walk on to the next one.
    >
    >Zeb was so proud of Brewster that he entered him in the
    >county fair.
    >
    >Brewster was an overnight sensation.
    >
    >The judges not only awarded him the No Bell Piece Prize
    >but also the Pulletsurprise.
    The Deli Dog

COMPUTER HICK

LOG ON: Making the woodstove hotter.
    LOG OFF: Don't add no more wood.
    MONITOR: Keepin an eye on that woodstove
    DOWNLOAD: Gettin the farwood ofn the truk
    MEGA HERTZ: When yer not keerful gettin that farwood downloaded
    FLOPPY DISK: Whutcha git from tryin to carry too much farwood
    RAM: That thar thang whut splits tha farwood
    HARD DRIVE: Gettin home in tha winter tym
    PROMPT: Whut the mail ain't in the winter tym
    WINDOWS: Whut to shut when its cold outside
    SCREEN: Whut to shut when its blak fly season
    BYTE: Whut them dang flys do
    CHIP: Munchies fer the TV
    MICRO CHIP: Whuts left in the munchie bag
    INFRARED: Whur the left over munchies go, Fred eats em
    MODEM: Whatcha did to the hay fields
    DOT MATRIX: Ol Dan Matrix's wife
    LAP TOP: Whur the kitty sleeps
    KEYBOARD: Whur ya hang the dang keys
    SOFTWARE; Them dang plastik forks and nifes
    MOUSE: What eats tha grain in tha barn
    MAIN FRAME: Holds up the barn ruuf
    PORT: Fancy Flatlander Wine
    ENTER: Northern fer c'mon in y'all
    RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY: When ya caint member whut ya paid for yer new rifle when yore wife ask.