View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of a joke thread?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

148 86.05%
  • No

24 13.95%
Page 50 of 86 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: joke thread

Former User Guest
    One day an employee came into work with both of his ears bandaged. His boss asked him what happened to his ears.
    "Yesterday I was ironing a shirt when the phone rang and I accidentally answered the iron instead of the phone!"
    "Well," the boss said, "that explains one ear, but what about the other?"

"They called back!"

Two campers are awakened by the sounds of an obviously large bear outside their tent, looking for food at their campsite. Immediately, Chris pulls a pair of running shoes out of his backpack and quickly puts them on. Incredulous, his friend Michael says, "There's no way you can outrun that bear."

Chris replies, "I don't have to outrun the bear. I only have to outrun you."

Former User Guest
    The strong young man at the construction site was bragging that he could outdo anyone in a feat of strength. He made a special case of making fun of one of the older workmen. After several minutes, the older worker had had enough.
    "Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?" he said. "I will bet a week's wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that building that you won't be able to wheel back."
    "You're on, old man," the young guy replied.

The old man reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. Then he turned to the young man and said, "Alright. Get in."

Once again, no offence to blondes or redheads!!

I always get more blonde and redhead jokes than any other so sorry but I've gotta post them.

A Blonde's Brain At Work

A blonde, a brunette, and a redhead all work at the same office for a female boss who always goes home early.
    "Hey, girls," says the brunette, "let's go home early tomorrow. She'll never know."

So the next day, they all leave right after the boss does. The brunette gets some extra gardening done, the redhead goes to a bar, and the blonde goes home to find her husband having sex with the female boss! She quietly sneaks out of the house and returns at her normal time.

"That was fun," says the brunette. "We should do it again sometime."

"No way," says the blonde. "I almost got caught."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Letter From A Redneck Mother To Her Son

Dear Son,

I'm writing this slow 'cause I know you can't read fast. We don't live where we did when you left. Your dad read in the paper that most accidents happen within twenty miles of home, so we moved. Won't be able to send you the address as the last Arkansas family that lived here took the numbers with them for their house, so they wouldn't have to change their address.

This place has a washing machine. The first day I put four shirts in it, pulled the chain and haven't seen 'em since.

It only rained twice this week, three days the first time and four days the second time.

The coat you wanted me to send to you, Aunt Sue said it would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with them heavy buttons, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.

We got a bill from the funeral home, and it said if we didn't make the final payment on Grandma's funderal bill, up she comes.

About your sister, she had a baby this morning. I haven't found out whether if it is a boy or a girl so don't know if you are an Aunt or Uncle.

Your Uncle John fell in the whiskey vat. Some men tried to get him out, but he fought them off playfully, so he drowned. We cremated him and he burned for three days.

Three of your friends went off the bridge in a pickup. One was driving and the other two were in the back. The driver got out. He rolled down the window and swam to safery. The other 2 drowned. They couldn't get the tail gate down.

Not much more news this time. Nothing much happened. If you don't get this letter, please let me know and I will send another one.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Ha ha...I read those two to Mark, Britt, they are sooo funny!!

LOL These are great!

Love these jokes!!! Let"s keep it up!!! Here is a really lame one, sorry:

Glenn took his dog to the veterinary clinic, and laid its limp body on the table. The doctor pulled out his stethoscope, listened to the dog's chest for a moment, then shook his head sadly. "I'm sorry, but your dog has passed away."
    "What?" Glenn screamed. "You haven't even done any tests! I want another opinion."
    The vet left the room and returned in a few moments with a Labrador Retriever. The Retriever sniffed the dog on the table carefully from head to toe. Finally, the Retriever shook it's head and barked once (meaning "dead and gone"). The vet took the Labrador away and returned a few minutes later with a cat, which also sniffed carefully over the dog on the table
    before shaking its head and saying, "Meow" (meaning "he's gone"). After the cat jumped off the table, the vet handed Glenn a bill for $600. The man shook the bill at the vet. "$600!!!! Just to tell me my dog is dead?!!! That's outrageous!"

The vet explained. "If you had taken my word for it, the charge would have been $50, but with the Lab work and the cat scan....
    Last edited by AvaJoy; 11-12-2002 at 06:31 PM.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

The creation story -- as told by the cat

On the first day of creation, God created the cat.

On the second day, God created man to serve the cat.

On the third day, God created all the animals of the earth to serve as potential food for the cat.

On the fourth day, God created honest toil so that man could labor for the good of the cat.

On the fifth day, God created the sparkle ball so that the cat might or might not play with it.

On the sixth day, God created veterinary science to keep the cat healthy and the man broke.

On the seventh day, God tried to rest, but he had to scoop the litter box.

>^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^<

Aquarium: interactive television for cats.

Cat:
    1. a lapwarmer with a built-in buzzer.
    2. a four footed allergen.
    3. a small, four-legged, fur-bearing extortionist.
    4. a small, furry lap fungus.
    5. a treat-seeking missile.
    6. a wildlife control expert.
    7. one who sleeps in old, empty pizza boxes.
    8. a hair relocation expert.
    9. an unprogrammable animal.

Cataclysm: any great upheaval in a cat's life.

Catatonic: a feline medicinal drink.

Caterpillar: a soft scratching post for a cat.

Cat Scan: to look for a new cat.

Dog: a cat's device for running practice.

Door: something a cat always wants to be on the other side of.

Energy: the element of vitality cats always have an oversupply of until you try to play with them.

Human: an automatic door opener for cats.

Impurrsonate: to act like the cat.

Kitten: a small homicidal muffin on legs; affects human sensibilities to the point of endowing the most wanton and ruthless acts of destruction with near-mythical overtones of cuteness. Not recommended for beginners. Get at least two.

Purrade: an organized march of cats.

Purradise: the garden of Cats.

Purramour: a cat lover.

Purranoia: the fear that your cat is up to something.

Purraphernalia: a cat's personal belongings.

Purrch: any favored feline napping spot.

Purrchase: anything bought for a cat.

Purrfume: the scent of an open can of tuna.

Purrgatory: a houseful of kittens.

Purrmission: a feline hunting expedition.

Purrpetual: everlasting feline love.

Purrplex: a house with two or more cats.

Purrson: a male kitten.

Purrsuit: the garment your shedding cat rubs against just as you are leaving home to go to an important meeting.

Purrverse: a poem about a wicked kitty.

Tooraloorailurophobia: an irrational fear of Irish cats.

Tuner: sonar-like device in cat food that causes cats to appear.

Yawn: a cat's honest opinion openly expressed.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Real "Cats" by Stu and Andi Ackerman

"Cats" is the longest-running show on Broadway to date. The show romanticizes and shrouds in mystery the lives and habits of America's most popular pet. Yet,even with the lively dancing and popular songs, "Cats" doesn't seem to capture the true-to-life behavior of our feline companions. Below is a list of what "Cats" would have to do to more accurately portray the true essence of cats.

· Audience members would enter the auditorium only to find their seats had been clawed and covered with fur.

· The antagonist in the show would be a giant vacuum cleaner.

· Sometimes the cast would perform, but sometimes not-depending on their mood.

· Performers would leap off the stage and run up the aisles at the recorded sound of a can opener in the lobby.

· When certain audience members opened their playbills, a cast member would attempt to lay down on it.

· In the middle of a performance, various cast members would curl up and go to sleep, even in the middle of a song.

· For no apparent reason, cast members would randomly run to the lobby and then back to the stage, at top speed. They would then continue as if nothing had happened.

· A special audience member would find a headless bird in his/her seat after the intermission (interval).

· Snack bar employees would constantly be reprimanding cast members for walking on the counter.

· Open the stall door and guess who is drinking from the toilet.

· Part of the performance would include the cast climbing and shredding the theater curtains.

· The stage would be stained from someone coughing up a hairball and then eating it.

· Performers would find sand in the lobby ashtrays and well-we don't have to draw a picture here, do we?

· The show would need to be stopped several times to allow cast members to "bathe" themselves.

· Most of the final act would consist of the cast just staring at the audience.

· The big finale would feature a giant ball of yarn, feathers on a pole, and stray strands of dental floss.

· Theater patrons waiting outside the stage door after performances would get their legs rubbed, if they were lucky.

· Cast members would never cash their paychecks, just play with them.
    Last edited by AmberLee; 11-12-2002 at 07:08 PM.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Pet Food Help Line

DAYTON, OHIO- Iams pet food company's team of customer service representatives handle more than 300,000 inquiries a year from pet owners across the country. Although the majority of calls to the toll-free number are straightforward pet care and nutrition questions, some can be quite unconventional. Here are some of the team's favorite calls this year:

"My cat just came in from the garage and I was wondering... how many calories are in a mouse?"
    -- cat owner, Omak, WA

"I have a neutered male cat. How old should he be before I can breed him?" - cat owner,
    Colorado Springs, CO

"Does your dog food help with emancipation?" - dog owner, Lockport, NY

"What should I feed a borderline collie?" - puppy owner, Van Fleck, TX

"What size litter box do I need to keep my cat comfy?" - cat owner, Chicago, IL

"Is it normal for a dog to shed?" - dog owner, Miami, FL

"How can I keep my cat from stealing my husband's toothbrush?" - cat owner, Los Angeles, CA

"My cat passed a stool on the indoor rug and it's stuck in the vacuum cleaner. Any suggestions?"
    - cat owner, Amarillo, TX

"How can I get the secret recipe for your Iams® Chunks dog food?" - Anchorage, AK

"How do I stop my cat from giving food to the dog?" - pet owner, Ephrata, WA

"Your food turned my dog into a stud. Now what do I do?" - dog owner, Flushing, NY

"Do you know how to toilet train a cat?" - cat owner, Ontario, Canada

"I have three cats. Is it true that Eukanuba® Cat Food makes the poop smell better?" - cat owner, Wentzville, MO

"Will chewing pop cans remove enamel from my puppy's teeth?" - puppy owner, Chico, CA

"Where can I get a six-toed cat?" - cat owner, El Paso, TX

"I really like your paw print logo. Does Iams have a tattoo?" - pet owner, North Tonawanda, NY

The Iams Company Manager of Customer Service says, "Although these questions make us smile, they're legitimate calls from concerned pet owners".

Ten Catmmandments

1) I am the Lord of thy House.
    2) Thou shalt have no other pets before Me.
    3) Thou shalt never ignore Me.
    4) I shall ignore Thou when I feel like it.
    5) Thou shalt be grateful that I even give Thou the time of day.
    6) Remember My food dish and keep it full.
    7) Thou shalt spend most of Thy money on toys and gifts for Me.
    8) Thou shalt always have Thy lap ready for Me to curl up in.
    9) Thou shalt shower Me with love and attention upon demand.
    10)Above all, Thou shalt do anything and everything it takes to keep me happy.

More "Cat's Rules to Live By." See if some sound like your cat!

All Rules can be broken when you feel like it.
    Be astonishingly mysterious.
    When in doubt, chase something.
    Ignore your mistakes.
    Go absolutely berserk for no apparent reason.
    If you can't get your way, lay across the keyboard till you do.
    When in trouble, just purr and look cute.
    Life is hard, and then you nap.
    Always give generously; a bird or rodent left on the bed tells them "I care."

Sunday School Lessons

The Sunday school lesson for the day was about Noah's Ark, so the preschool teacher in our Kentucky church decided to get her small pupils involved by playing a game in which they identified animals.

"I'm going to describe something to you. Let's see if you can guess what it is. First: I'm furry with a bushy tail and I like to climb trees."

The children looked at her blankly.

"I also like to eat nuts, especially acorns."

No response. This wasn't going well at all!

"I'm usually brown or gray, but sometimes I can be black or red."

Desperate, the teacher turned to a perky four-year-old who was usually good about coming up with the answers. "Michelle, what do you think?"

Michelle looked hesitantly at her classmates and replied, "Well, I know the answer has to be Jesus - but it sure sounds like a squirrel to me!"

Cat Haiku

Small, brave carnivores
    Kill pine cones and mosquitoes
    Fear vacuum cleaner.

I want to be close
    to you. Can I fit my head
    inside your armpit?

You never feed me.
    Perhaps I'll sleep on your face.
    That will sure show you.

The rule for today:
    Touch my tail, I shred your hand.
    New rule tomorrow.

You must scratch me there!
    Yes, above my tail! Behold -
    Elevator butt!

My small cardboard box.
    You cannot see me if I
    can just hide my head.

Want to go outside.
    Oh no! Help! I got outside!
    Let me back inside!

The Big Ones snore now.
    Every room is dark and cold.
    Time for cup hockey!

In deep sleep hear sound
    cat vomit hairball somewhere
    will find in morning.

Grace personified.
    I leap into the window.
    I meant to do that.

Blur of motion & sound, then --
    silence, me, a paper bag.
    What is so funny?

The mighty hunter
    Returns with gifts of plump birds --
    your foot just squashed one.

You're always typing.
    Well, let's see you ignore me
    sitting on your hands.

Oh no! Big One
    has been trapped by newspaper!
    Cat to the rescue!

Humans are so strange.
    Mine lies still in bed, then screams.
    My claws are not that sharp.

Dog Haiku

I am your best friend.
    Now, always, especially
    when you are eating.

I sound the alarm!
    Mailman come to kill us all!
    Look! Look! Look! Look! Look!

· When certain audience members opened their playbills, a cast member would attempt to lay down on it.
    · For no apparent reason, cast members would randomly run to the lobby and then back to the stage, at top speed. They would then continue as if nothing had happened.
    · Most of the final act would consist of the cast just staring at the audience.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Subject: Alligator Warning

The following warning was issued because of recent high water in the low areas of Texas and Louisiana.

STATES ISSUE WARNING...

Louisiana and Texas Gulf Coast Residents

ATTENTION: Golfers, Hikers, Hunters and Fishermen

Due to the current high water situation, the Louisiana & Texas Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries is advising hunters, fishermen, hikers, and golfers to take extra precautions and keep alert for alligators in Calcasieu, Cameron, Jeff Davis, and Allen parishes in La. and Jefferson and Orange counties in TX.

They have advised people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their clothing as to alert but not startle the alligators unexpectedly. They also advise the carrying of pepper spray in case of an encounter with an alligator.

It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of alligator activity.
    People should recognize the difference between small young alligator droppings and large adult alligator droppings.

Young alligator droppings are smaller and contain fish bones and possibly bird feathers. Adult alligator droppings have little bells in them and smell like pepper spray.

LOL AmberLee

Excuses for Missing Work

If it is all the same to you I won't be coming in to work. The voices told me to clean all the guns today.

When I got up this morning I took two Ex-Lax in addition to my Prozac. I can't get off the john, but I feel good about it.

I set half the clocks in my house ahead an hour and the other half back an hour Saturday and spent 18 hours in some kind of space-time continuum loop, reliving Sunday (right up until the explosion). I was able to exit the loop only by reversing the polarity of the power source exactly e*log(pi) clocks in the house while simultaneously rapping my dog on the snout with a rolled up Times. Accordingly, I will be in late, or early.

My stigmata's acting up.

I can't come in to work today because I'll be stalking my previous boss, who fired me for not showing up for work. OK?

I have a rare case of 48-hour projectile leprosy, but I know we have that deadline to meet...

I am stuck in the blood pressure machine down at the Food Giant.

Yes, I seem to have contracted some attention-deficit disorder and, hey, how about them Skins, huh? So, I won't be able to, yes, could I help you? No, no, I'll be sticking with Sprint, but thank you for calling.

Constipation has made me a walking time bomb.

I just found out that I was switched at birth. Legally, I shouldn't come to work knowing my employee records may now contain false information.

The psychiatrist said it was an excellent session. He even gave me this jaw restraint so I won't bite things when I am startled.

The dog ate my car keys. We're going to hitchhike to the vet.

I prefer to remain an enigma.

My stepmother has come back as one of the Undead and we must track her to her coffin to drive a stake through her heart and give her eternal peace. One day should do it.

I can't come to work today because the EPA has determined that my house is completely surrounded by wetlands and I have to arrange for helicopter transportation.

I am converting my calendar from Julian to Gregorian.

I am extremely sensitive to a rise in the interest rates.

I've used up all my sick days...so I'm calling in dead!

REASONS FOR LEAVING THE LAST JOB:
    -- Responsibility makes me nervous.
    --They insisted that employees get to work by 8:45 every morning. Couldn't work under those conditions.
    --Was met with a string of broken promises and lies, as well as cockroaches.
    --I was working for my mom until she decided to move.
    --The company made me a scapegoat - just like my three previous employers.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
    --While I am open to the initial nature of an assignment, I am decidedly disposed that it be so oriented as to at least partially incorporate the experience enjoyed heretofore and that it be configured so as to ultimately lead to the application of more rarefied facets of financial management as the major sphere of responsibility.
    --I was proud to win the Gregg Typting Award.

SPECIAL REQUESTS & JOB OBJECTIVES:
    --Please call me after 5:30 because I am self-employed and my employer does not know I am looking for another job.
    --My goal is to be a meteorologist. But since I have no training in meteorology, I suppose I should try stock brokerage.
    --I procrastinate - especially when the task is unpleasant.

PHYSICAL DISABILITIES:
    --Minor allergies to house cats and Mongolian sheep.

PERSONAL INTERESTS:
    --Donating blood. 14 gallons so far.

SMALL TYPOS THAT CAN CHANGE THE MEANING:
    --Education: College, August 1880-May 1984.
    --Work Experience: Dealing with customers' conflicts that arouse.
    --Develop and recommend an annual operating expense fudget.
    --I'm a rabid typist.
    --Instrumental in ruining entire operation for a Midwest chain operation.

The Brits have much to teach us when it comes to truly deadly putdowns...
    (The form used for Royal Navy and Marines officer fitness reports is the S206. The following are actual excerpts taken from "206s")

- His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.
    - I would not breed from this Officer.
    - This Officer is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definitely won't-be.
    - When she opens her mouth, it seems that this is only to change whichever foot was previously in there.
    - He has carried out each and every one of his duties to his entire satisfaction.
    - He would be out of his depth in a car park puddle.
    - Technically sound, but socially impossible.
    - This Officer reminds me very much of a gyroscope - always spinning around at a frantic pace, but not really going anywhere.
    - This young lady has delusions of adequacy.
    - When he joined my ship, this Officer was something of a granny; since then he has aged considerably.
    - This Medical Officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar.
    - Since my last report he has reached rock bottom, and has started to dig.
    - She sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.
    - He has the wisdom of youth, and the energy of old age.
    - This Officer should go far - and the sooner he starts, the better.
    - In my opinion this pilot should not be authorized to fly below 250 feet.
    - This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
    - The only ship I would recommend this man for is citizenship.
    - Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap.