There is just never a dull moment with Anvik. In the three weeks he's been here, he's showed me several new weak spots in my fence. Who knew that six feet of game fencing was weak! Six feet barely slows Anvik down. I've met a few new people in my subdivision while out looking for Anvik! I've figured out his pattern now so I find him relatively quickly. He's howled to the point my neighbor complained, our first ever noise complaint! We learned how to crate train in a hurry! He has shown us that Goldie is more accepting than we give her credit for. He's made me laugh, he's had me in tears. Today I paid his first vet bill!

In one of his escapes, Anvik apparently got a small puncture in his side, about the size of a fence wire! I never noticed it, it never bled, but it did get infected! He has an abscess on his ribcage! Fortunately, I noticed it before it got too bad and a couple weeks of antibiotics should clear it right up. No surgical intervention needed at this point.

He didn't have a vet appointment this morning, but I dropped him off anyway. When the vet called me at 5 to update me, I could clearly hear Anvik doing his "death howl"--"I am alone, I am going to die from it!". She asked as politely as possible if I could pick him up asap! Apparently, the Anvik Death Howl has been heard all day!