Thread: Oh my gosh!

Oh my gosh!

I can't believe this ! I've been feeding other dogs to my dogs?!? How can this be legal!?
    http://www.rense.com/general70/dead.htm

http://www.newsagepress.com/foodpetsdiefor.html

That article cites no sources, and is extremely slanted. I don't believe it is true until some proof, not just this article - has been offered. Just because it exists on the web doesn't mean it is true.

Don't believe everything you read.

As Karen says, they have no sources and no proof.

I feed Purina One. My dogs are not eating other dogs.

This site may have been created by those feeding higher quality kibble, trying to get people feeding this "lower" quality kibble, to switch to a higher.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

that's like the way they feed cows to cows. it's how mad cow disease was born...
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey
    that's like the way they feed cows to cows. it's how mad cow disease was born...
    You believe this then?

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Who knows if the information is factual, however, you'd have to pay me a million dollars to ever feed any of those foods mentioned on the website. The ingredients may not be as bad as described on the website, however, there are foods with healthier, higher quality ingredients.

I DO agree with this paragraph..

So, why don't vets warn people? The question should be, what makes veterinarians think they can recommend food. In Food Pets Die For, Ann Martin says, Our family physician doesnt display weight loss products in the reception room So why is this going on in our veterinary clinics that do not specialize in nutrition. She says she considers it unethical for vets to sell pet food unless they are trained in pet nutrition.The reason your vet thinks so highly of the pet food they sell probably has more to do with money than nutrition. In vet school, the only classes offered on nutrition usually last a few weeks, and are taught by representatives from the pet food companies.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by zoey
    Now, that's not how it was born, but it is how it can be transmitted.

The rense.com article is pure BS. No references, nada. Roadkill is normally put in landfills, not taken to rendering plants. There are other half truths and untruths in there as well.

I didn't look at just the one article. I looked up other info about it on other sites before I posted the links. I HOPE it isn't true.

Well, there are studies with proof of pentibarbitol being in Nutro dog food and many other brands. And that chemical generally comes from euthanized dogs and cats.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Trying to rack my brain didn't the Martin woman do or say somehting before that we had quite a discussion on here before? I'm thinking something to do with PETA but not totally sure.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

What about the comment maybe four or five down on this page
    http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/200...6/18179911.php

from the guy who worked at a rendering plant and saw it with his own eyes? I know that he could just be making it up but even then even the thought of it....

I know its not true for the majority of pet foods but you know it has happened once or twice before with even the lowest of the low quality of foods.

facebook

My dad used to work in a rendering plant in the '60s. They wouldn't take roadkill then, because they couldn't source it. I find it hard to believe that 40 years of INCREASING regulation would allow the process as described.

wow, so what exactly is in hot dogs again? my dad says they are made from lips and ***holes, lol. but they sure are tasty!

anyway that article and the others that i read are pretty general and seem biased. i did however do a little looking about in regards to their claims.

they say that all the evil dog food companies are owned by larger evil companies in their quest for world domination right, one of these companies is nestle.

i went to nestle's website and was amazed that they only have one product ( that i saw)other than dog/cat food that actually contains meat, but somehow i doubt that they are filling up hot pockets with fluffy or fido.
    so where are the hordes of unused animal carcasses that these by products are coming from?

also i found that one of the premium dog foods ( according to the dog food nazi's, lol) NUTRO, is owned by proctor and gambel, anouther evil giant known for its criminal laundry detergent and paper towel enterprize.

lol, if you want to be worried about feeding your dog something, look up the material data safety sheet for water, then look up whats allowed to be in bottled water, since its regulated as well as puppy mills, you would be suprised how much ecoli and chemicals are acceptable.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/f...ater/index.htm

sorry for being overly sarcastic, but i find humor in everything.

Hot dogs are actually lean cuts of pork and beef, sometimes poultry, minus any of the gross stuff that makes up tales of hot dog horror.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton