Thread: Saw Beau today (good and bad)

Saw Beau today (good and bad)

Today I got to see Beau for the first time since June. It was both good and bad. He didn't hide like Felicia did; he knew who I was and sat on my lap. Now the bad part: he has been pulling his fur out. He will be going to the vet for a check up as soon as possible. Please pray that there is nothing seriously wrong with my boy.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

We are praying taht its only nerves, and he Vet can find something so Beau wont be so nervous.
    Thats nice he recognized you and came over for a sit down with you.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so glad that you had a good visit. And I will pray that the only reason behind the hair pulling is nerves (getting used to his new situation).

I'm so happy that he didn't hide and came to lay on your lap. That must have made you feel so good.
    I'm glad to hear that he will be going to the vet to check out this problem. Like others have said, it sounds like it could be behavioral.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Maybe Beau can benefit from something gentle like Rescue Remedy in his water, or some Feliway.

I am sure it is just the change. But how wonderful that he sat in your lap!

I hope you are kept updated on how he is doing.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you all for your nice comments. I wouldn't be supprised if it was nerves.
    I was so sure that Felicia would have trouble adjusting and Beau wouldn't. It turns out just the opposite happened.

Anyway, I am pretty upset about it. But not at my friend who is caring for him. I'm upset at myself for breaking my hip and not being able to work anymore.
    Last edited by Felicia's Mom; 09-19-2006 at 07:41 AM.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'm glad that you were able to visit with him and that he remembered you. Hopefully the vet will be able to find out what his problem is and will be able to help him. It's probably due to stress. This may be his way of showing you how much he misses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom

Anyway, I am pretty upset about it. But not at my friend who is caring for him. I'm upset at myself for breaking my hip and not being able to work anymore.
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Nancy, please don't beat yourself up over this. It is hard enough to need to lose your beloved pets, but to continue to blame yourself all the time just prevents the healing of the heartbreak. Things happen. We just can't always have it OUR way. I can't imagine how hard this is (because I never had to do it) but it could one day happen to ANY of us. (and my bet is that you would tell us to NOT blame ourselves )

Nancy, breaking your hip was NOT your fault!!!!!!!
    We don't have control over age.

I am sorry that Beau seems to have problems to adjust. I hope that with lot of Tender Loving Care from your friend and maybe a visit from you from time to time he'll get over it.

I often think of you and wish you all the best.

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear Beau is pulling his hair out, it's most likely because of his new environment and because he miss you. It will hopefully pass. Glad to hear he wanted to sit in your lab.

I hope you'll be able to visit from time to time!

(((((hugs)))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Nancy, please don't beat yourself up over this. It is hard enough to need to lose your beloved pets, but to continue to blame yourself all the time just prevents the healing of the heartbreak. Things happen. We just can't always have it OUR way. I can't imagine how hard this is (because I never had to do it) but it could one day happen to ANY of us. (and my bet is that you would tell us to NOT blame ourselves )

Jen - I couldn't have said it better.

Hair pulling is usually anxiety or food related so maybe the vet can suggest a treatment to ease him into his new environment. Feliway spray or rescue remedy is also an option if they haven't tried that yet and can be found at most large chain pet stores.

It was a bittersweet visit wasn't it?

I look for Felicia & Beau updates and have followed their story since you knew you had to rehome them and it has been so sad to me, knowing how hard this must be and wondering how I would feel and cope. It seemed so hopeless in the beginning. Now, both babies have homes and meowmie is having to keep getting better, too. I am so sorry you are feeling so angry at yourself, but anger at the situation is normal I think. I am glad that you can come here and post about this time in your life.

I think it is so sweet that Beau remembered you How lovely to have him sit in your lap. That fur-pulling sounds like nerves as many others have already said. Hopefully that will end with time. All three of you will adjust but react differently according to personalities.

I have rambled here, but really just want to show my support. Oh and some (((((Nancy)))) too

I am glad you had a good visit with beau and I hope he get better so you can stop worring about him. It is not your fault and you did the best for them both.
    Melissa

I am so sorry that you are still feeling so sad for your babies. I can't imagine what it must feel like to visit them and miss them so much. PLEASE DO NOT blame yourself!!! You did what you had to do in a bad situation! I'm sure they will both be fine and settle in to their new lives before long!

((((((((((HUGS))))))))
    Kim

Please listen to what the others have said (I can't say it any better). You have done everything humanly possible for Felicia and Beau. The hardest part of loving something/someone is letting go.

Beau is in good hands, don't chastise yourself for things that you can't control (breaking your hip).

I am glad that you had him in your lap, though!

(((((hugs))))) to you.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I