Thread: Excessive barking

Excessive barking

Hi, how do i stop my dog from excessivebarking every time there is someone at the door, we live in a condo and well...our neighbors aren't that much keen on me having dogs around. HELP!!!

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: ellensy ]
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

There are some good practical articles on how to deal with barking problems at this site.
    http://www.uwsp.edu/psych/dog/lib-prob.htm#bark

The above link has a lot of great information. You should be able to find some valuable information there.

hello,

just distract your dog or yell NO but not meanly jsut loudly that always works for my dogs wish ya luck!!
    Chantelle L.

My dog does not bark in all situations, but she does excessivly in the car and when around other dogs. I guess I should say that she used to. I tried alot of things, but what finally worked was a water-spray bottle. If just water does not do it, add a bit of vinegar to it- I had to because water alone did not faze her. The vinegar won't hurt a dog, but they don't like the taste, etc. This was something I read in a dog book that was highly recomended by our dog obedience trainer. If all else fails, give it a try!
    Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

The spray bottle worked good for us on our past dog Sam. Even tho she loved the water hose etc. after while all I needed to do was just show her the spray bottle!
    My dog Buddy Boy never barked until we boarded him - and when he does bark he is way down to the end of the fence . He is very good natured and loves about everybody but feels the need to walk the fence and does not like it when strange people walk to close to the fence and if I yell NO BARK he turns around and gives me this dumb founed look