Thread: I Feel So Bad:(

I Feel So Bad:(

Splinter is having problems. My little quill girl has been suffering in silence for a long time, most likely 2 weeks. She has been unable to eat, and has had very little to drink, and I didn't catch it until today. Somehow she has gotten a piece of her bedding stuck onto the roof of her mouth that goes down into her throat a little ways. My mom and my sister got a bunch of it out, but she will need vet care, and we will get it ASAP. I got her some more water tonight through a syringe, but as far as food goes, I don't know what to do She can't eat. I don't know when our vet can get her in, and I am SOOO worried.

Please, I NEED suggestions on how to get food to my girl. I could cry I feel so bad! I have been so busy that I never noticed. Does anyone have any advice for what I can do now, besides getting her to the vet ASAP? I will be so very greatful for it, and so will Splinter. I have been having so many furbabe problems lately, and this is just ONE MORE thing to add. It is just one thing after another lately. Enough about me though. Please, PLEASE, tell me ANYTHING you can. Look at her sweet face, I can't believe that she has been suffering.

Thank you,
    Stephanie and Splinter.

Don't beat yourself up, it happens. I once didn't notice Chubby's heater had died and I didn't discover it until she had gotten a URI. I X-posted to a hedgie board, I hope that's OK. If it's not, I'll take it down.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I haven't any experiance is this, but I came to give positive thoughts for you and your Splinter. She's such a pretty little girl, and I'm sure she'll be just fine once this whole thing gets sorted out. =)
    Is there a way you could just call a vet to get suggestions on what to do?

Have no idea what Splinter would eat but when my cat couldn't chew I used to put her food in a blender with water and use a syringe to squirt it down her throat
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Thank you all three of you. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner. I was grounded from the comp, and could only read what you all had said to me. Splinter was brought in this morning, and the vet got the hunk of bedding out of her throat. Last night was scary though, she nearly choked to death on her food. I was crying, and I didn't know what to do. She got it up though, and all food and bedding was removed from the cage so she wouldn't eat it.

Thank you again!!!! Cathybogart, I don't mind that you cross-posted, I really appreciate it.
    --Steph and Splinter--