Thread: My Kidney Patient - Cosmo

My Kidney Patient - Cosmo

Cosmo was diagnosed with kidney disease about 3 weeks ago. I was afraid he was going to die. But he is doing so much better. He's lost allot of weight and he has aged some. But I think he looks pretty good for a cat with kidney disease. I love him very much.

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Cosmo is one Big Handsome Cat, and he has been added to the Cats for whom we are saying prayers.
    We are praying for Cosmo that he will be well, and continue to be your Cat Companion.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Good Grief! He is SOOOOOOO HANDSOME! ***KISSIE****KISSIE****KISSIE!!!*****KISSIE!*****

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hi handsome Cosmo, I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Here is a picture of my kidney patient. He's been doing well until this past week. I believe I will be taking him in for more sub-q fluids within the week.

I think Ripley and Cosmo could be at least cousins if not brothers.

From Decker with Love

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    And here's another kidney kat - my Mishi. Don't give up! He's not going to die tomorrow. Mishi was diagnosed with kidney disease about three years ago. With the right diet, TLC (sub-Q fluids are sometimes necessary) Cosmo can live for a very long time. They're just extra special cats and a bit more expensive to keep.

(too lazy to upload to Imagestation - here's a pic of my big boy with headlights on )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Wow, what a hunk Cosmo is, I bet he has all the ladies at the vets swooning and fainting!
    I hope you get better soon Cosmo, and I'm sure you will as there are many things that can help you nowadays, and I'm sure your mum will do everything she can to help you get through your disease.

Cosmo looks like a big loverboy! Is he a Maine Coon / mix???? He reminds me of my big sweet guy, Dexter! How old is he? I've never had a kitty DX with kidney disease but I have read that many can live with it for a long time and do very well! Please keep us updated and keep those HANDSOME pics coming!!!

Kim

Thanks for all the nice comments. And Cosmo thanks you too. It was nice to see pictures of other kidney kitties. Especially Cosmo's twin (separated at birth?)

Cosmo is a Maine Coon/mix. He's actually from Maine so I just call him a Maine Coon. He is 11 years old. I got him as a kitten.

Thanks again!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

My Fluffy - which I tried to post his picture but am having technical problems today can also be Ripley & Cosmo's brother, AND he is a kidney cat too!

Fluffy found us 17 years ago this past spring (doctors said he was an adult, so that makes him....??) he has been nothing but the greatest cat

There must be something about a Maine Coon - nothing, and I mean nothing bothers or upsets this cat. He is even tempered and always the love-bug. He has also been the mother hen to both of his brothers.

I am currently doing SubQ's x 2 a week and he seems to be doing fine, but like us humans, he has good and bad days - today being a bad day

Kidney cats do well, but keep an extra eye on them!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).