Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh no. I found a little kitten in the road! (Photo update!)

Good job, SAS! Can't wait to see some pictures!

I found my camera

And while I was looking for the camera, I took the time to find rechargeable batteries and recharged them! How about that for thinking ahead?

Today is Vet day for Timstead, the little kitty. I know, he has a name, not a good sign! I named him Timstead because he was found in front of the farm called Timstead Farm.

I will take photos of him today, after the vet visit and hopefully with the guy who is going to adopt him. Even if the guy says no, and he just might, I will still take the photos. I have my camera WITH ME today! I never cease to amaze myself somedays......thinking ahead.....!

Well, I had better get to work. The appointment is for 11:30, thus I must leave 1/2 earlier for travel time. Timstead is in the car - its cool out right now...in the 50's....so the car is fine. He is in his carrier, large enough for a lion....along with his litter box and food.

He is doing so nicely with the litter box. He had me scared there on the first day. He pooped all over the place. Day two was fine.....and hey, its already day 3, nearly 4!

I will keep everyone posted.

I just love little kittens. I know I cannot do this too often....or else I will fail at the delivery stage.

UPDATE: The fellow at the office is taking the kitten and keeping his name (assuming it is a male ) So Timstead has a home. We have the Vet visit....and few more hours in the car and then off to his new home! I will buy the food, post, pay for the alterations and offer free cat sitting services as well. Its a deal made in heaven. Another kitten saved!
    Last edited by sasvermont; 09-06-2006 at 08:28 PM.

I hope that everything goes well at Timsteads vet visit and I'm so glad that he also has a home. I can't wait to see pictures of him. He sure sounds adorable. Now you'll also be able to watch him grow up.

No photos yet...

He spent the afternoon on my lap, since he will be going to his new home tonight.

Here's what he had done to him:

Ear mite removal. What a gross scene that was...oh my gosh. He will have meds for 6 weeks.

He had three kitten shots...don't recall what for....

Stool sample....he has round worms and some other unusual parasite. So meds for three days straight then again in three weeks.

He had fleas and they put a flea treatment on him at half strength.

I scheduled a vet appointment in three weeks with my vet, so his new purents don't have to go if they don't want to. I just want to see this through to the "final alteration".

My vet knew of the kittens, as the farm had a "free kittens" sign out all weekend. I guess this one didn't get adopted. The vet was also familar with the gray cat we think it Timstead's Mom.

All in all, the kitten was well behaved. I, on the other hand, got a speeding ticket (3 points and $144) on my way back from the vet.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Let me go take some photos right now. I will upload them this evening, when I get home.

SAS

Yea! Timstead

I promise to download some more tonight......didn't have time to do the Imagestation thing last evening.

By the way, Timstead had a quiet night last night and was a good boy and used his litter box. They are keeping him in his crate for a few days, until the flea and worm treatments take hold. All in all, his new purents are thrilled with him. Timstead has this look to him....very bright eyed and intelligent looking. You should have seen him looking for me when I had him in the office. When someone else was holding him, he was looking at me! Made me feel so special.

And that is why a would fail "Fostering 101"
    Last edited by sasvermont; 09-07-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks for saving this little guy. You are his guardian angel SAS.
    He is so precious.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Congratulations, Timstead, on your new furrever home. You are so precious I know you're going to be pampered and loved.

Good work SAS!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

What a sweet thread. Sallyanne you are Timstead's very own guardian angel. I am amazed at your strength to not take this little guy on as one of your own but glad that you have found him a good home. This is the best of both worlds because you will undoubtedly be given *Auntie SAS visiting rights.* Sorry about the speeding ticket. How could a policeman give a ticket to someone with such an adorable passenger?

I was going too fast....and so....

Tickets serve many purposes, mostly income for the city/town/state. I was going too fast and now I will slow down for at least two years until the points go away.

I lost sleep last night wondering if Timstead was using his litter box.... if the two folks who took him will love him enough.....if he will carry fleas in to their house....worry, worry, worry. I do that for a living.

I did tell Chris, the guy at work, that if they change their minds at any point, that I would take him back and find him another home. The same goes with TiTi, the bengal kitty I rehomed.

So yes, Timstead found someone to give him a better chance at life and for the first year, free medical services for his purents! I feel so responsible for scooping him up off the road.......and changing his life...I know it should be for the positive, but I think about all the fun he will be missing, running through the fields, eating mice....etc.

I will have constant contact with the kitten's dad since he works with me. Once that changes, I am sure I will not keep in touch....as often.

If I can, I will force Chris, Timstead's dad to take photos of him as he grows.
    Last edited by sasvermont; 09-07-2006 at 10:07 AM.

Sallyanne I just noticed that your last post in this thread caused you to roll over. haha! Not literally but your post count just turned to 3,000. I normally don't take any note of post counts, either others or my own, but just happened to glance at this when I read your post. Let me just say that, though you don't post often, when you do they are so enjoyable, informative and funny and sometimes all three in the same post (I enjoyed your statement about worrying for a living....I think many of us do that. ) Congrats on two things - the rehoming of Timstead and 3,000 terrific posts.

I hadn't noticed.....thanks Pam

I don't post as much as I did in the past, although I do post. I just don't have as much time as I did a few years ago. How can that be? I don't know!

Thanks for being such a good friend and person to so many of us, Pam. We have a connection for life, I do believe.

Hey, and guess what? Today is my birthday! Lots to celebrate!

No, I will not tell you how old I am. Just know this, when I go to light my candles on my birthday cake today, at the office, the staff has asked for the fire department to be on "standby"!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Congrats on two things - the rehoming of Timstead and 3,000 terrific posts.
    Let me edit that then! CONGRATS ON THREE THINGS! Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope it is a good one for you and all of the other campers.

I managed to miss this story completely! What an adorable kitten!
    Congratulations on all of your celebrations today!

He sure is a cutie pie. Happy Birthday and Congrats on your 3000 posts too.

Happy Birthday my friend

What a wonderful thing to pass the 3,000 just for the story of a cutie pie kitty like Timstead

He will be feisty and funny in no time once these dreadful worms and fleas are gone. And I'm sure his new purrents WILL love him- who couldn't

Happy Birthday, Sallyanne!!! I am not too far behind you!!!

And thank you for taking in the little lost soul and giving him a chance at life. I'm sure he is going to be just fine!!!!!

Congrats on those 3000 posts, too! I feel like you have been here as long as I have, and you are definitely not as much of a blabbermouth as I am!!!!

Logan