Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kirk's Hips =( **8/26 GOOD update!**"

Kirk is adorable. It's so good to hear he's doing better!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It is so good to hear this great news for Kirk.
    He is such a good looking, and happy puppy.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oops, my internet was giving me trouble....Anyway, here are the two videos...

A nice, steady walk.....

He does a little hopping in this video...

Thanks for reading! And thanks for your prayers and good thoughts.....they seem to be helping!!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Yay, Yay, Yay!!! You know that I held my breath when I saw this thread, but I am sooo happy to hear the good news. And what a pleasure to see that handsome smiling boy. Keep up the good work Kirk (and Kate) and we will keep up the prayers.

Excellent news!!! He's looking happy and healthy and it's so great to see him walking.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

YAY!! Kirk is amazing!! You know what? I think his unique walk gives him a little more character. It looks like a little sashay

Keep building those muscles, Kirk. You're making us all so proud!

Kirkie's improvement is awesome news!!! He sure is one handsome boy. And I'll bet he understands all you're doing for him. I know it's been tough, and I'm so happy you've never given up. Bless you and Kirk with good days to come.

I've been Boooo'd!

Woohooo go Kirkie . That is wonderful Kate. You both are often in my thoughts {{Hugs}}.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

OMG... I just read this entire thread and I am just so shocked at all this sweet little boy had to endure! What a trooper he is! I kept seeing your siggie on other threads and love that happy face of his, so had to see what the link was about. He's just such a brave boy to have gone through so much and still have such a great personality.

Big hugs to Kirk for all his hard work! I hope he keeps getting better and stronger every day.

Wonderful news for sure!!!!
    Keep it up Kirk!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! Great news!! I hope this wonderful boy is getting better and better all the time You and Mom have put up such a long hard fight, Kirkie. Please continue to feel great!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

How's the little guy doing???
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    How's the little guy doing???
    Oh, thank you for asking, Angie! He is really doing wonderfully. We still haven't done that hike yet, but we're making progress.

I'll have to get back to you with a proper update (need pics!)...so watch this spot.

*hugs*

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Oh I'm so happy he's doing good!
    He's such a brave boy for going through everything he has and still being so young!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Your breeder sounds like a good person. You are lucky in that respect. I wouldn't be so quick to turn down refunds or help with the surgeries. You will be inundated with bills from that and from rehabilitation costs.

My 6 yo collie has bilateral elbow dysplasia. He was diagnosed at 18 mos., too late for surgery because of arthritis that had already set in. Until a year ago, he did pretty well, although had to take some antiinflammatories at times. He always walks funny and limps quite a bit. Six months ago we began swimming and water therapy (treadmill under water). Also, physical therapy with exercises. He's been getting adequan shots also. The expense is enormous just from this and no surgery. But he is really improving and much stronger than he was. His balance is much better and his endurance greatly increased. He takes Previcox much more often now, but I'm happy with the results from the therapy. Definitely try Kirk with these things so his muscles don't atrophy like Bailey's did. We started late to remedy the situation.

It's devastating to have our disabled dogs. My heart breaks when I watch him around other dogs and see what he cannot do. But he's a great dog and has excelled in other areas like pet therapy. He worked with kids who had cancer for 4 years.

My breeder wasn't so nice. She never offered money, and she lied about the sibling not having these issues. In fact a litter brother was even worse off. She will not respond to my emails or calls. I have given up on her. I don't need her anymore. Unfortunately I had done research and was referred to her by reputable breeders. I paid a lot of money for Bailey and even with the problems, I'm so happy to have him.

Here's a video of my other collie in the water tank helping his back arthritis:

Water Therapy

Good luck with Kirk. He is very lucky to have you as his mom to take such good care of him.
    Jan and 7 yo collie Bailey, CGC,TDIAOV

How to Love Your Dog
    http://loveyourdog.com

Therapy Dogs.Net
    http://therapydogs.net

Bailey at Dog of the Day
    Cody at Dog of the Day