Thread: Catit Water Fountain

Catit Water Fountain

Does anyone have this fountain? How do you like it compared to the Petmate?

I have read reviews on it and they were split. Some people loved it and other people had continued problems or the fountain broke within a short period of time. Also, the manual stated that the filter should be replaced every 3 weeks? I wonder why you have to replace it so fast? The Petmate's filter is only replaced every 2/3 months.

Just looking for feedback. Thanks!
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I am thinking of getting one also. Catnapper Kim has one and hopefully she will chime in.

I bought it about two months ago. In my case the problem is not the fountain itself but...the cats! They hardly want to drink to it I am very disappointed as Peppito loves to drink fresh water from every tap he can find, but here... he is scared! And Jasmine sometimes try it, and sometimes prefers the classical water bowl. After some time they drink a bit more to it, because I sometimes remove the water bowl and they have no other choice. But I don't dare removing totally other sources of water and that they don't drink enough anymore

Ok, but this was not your question! In such a short period of time I did not have problems yet. I am using cheap spring water from bottles as the water where I live is extremely hard.
    After three-four weeks I stopped it and emptied it because we were not at home for one week. When I came back I wanted to change the filter as recommended but except some hair it did look OK. So, I carefully washed it and replaced it again for two more weeks. It is probably time to change it now. May be Kim will give better advice. I am interested too!

Can you post a pic of this fountain? I've never heard of that name
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Neither have I.
    Is it a new one?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Here's the link:

Catit
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

WOW !!! That looks like a perfect fountain for my multiple cat-household!! Is it expensive? Where did you buy it Sonia?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    Catnapper Kim has one and hopefully she will chime in.

The kitties love it! They drink from the water flowing over the ball. Allen is the only one who drinks from the dish below, and thats only occasionally. None of my kitties are afraid of it. Abby was at one point obsessed with it.

Its quiet, and holds a lot of water. I clean it out not nearly as often as I should.

My only negative with it is the filling hole is soooo tiny that I splash a lot out trying to fill it unless I have the water so low that it comes out slow... then it takes forever to fill. But considering I fill it once every few days, this is not the biggest hassle. I much prefer it to the Petmate that holds less than a full day's worth of water, then once its filled, you can't set it down or it will topple over and spill. Thats the other good thing about the Catit fountain, once its full, you turn the knob (for lack of a better word) to close it, then you can turn it upside down and not spill anything out. Nice when you got to put it back in the fountain.

The one tip I would say to is to make you sure always have at least one spare filter. I cleaned mine out, expecting ot be able ot replace the filter right away and I was out of them, and coincidentally so is Petsmart. There's no filter in mine at the moment. Its running perfectly, I just like to have hte filter to keep the hair out of the punmp. If hair gets in the pump, then you'll start having operating issues. So far, all I do is swipe away the hair thats starting to float towards the pump each time Ifill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    WOW !!! That looks like a perfect fountain for my multiple cat-household!! Is it expensive? Where did you buy it Sonia?

I bought it in France in a Garden/animal shop where my parents live. I was looking for it since a very long time and I never found it in my area. It was around 25 euro.

If my cats refuse to drink to it, may be you could have mine for a good price well, I don't know. Actually I had in mind to try again and give them more time to adapt, but really, if they are still scared, I don't know...

Kim, I use the tiny hole to refill only when I empty it completely for cleaning, otherwise when I just want to add water in between, I add it to the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59
    Kim, I use the tiny hole to refill only when I empty it completely for cleaning, otherwise when I just want to add water in between, I add it to the bowl.
    If I did that, then I'd be filling it several times a day! The resevior really holds a LOT of water.

We've used the PetMate for years, but recently I bought a Catit because I thought Becky and Abby might like it better. They both prefer the water as it's coming out of the pump, so I thought the Catit would be better for them.

They did seem to like it, but unfortunatey, the one we bought was incredibly noisy. Since it was new, it's not like it was a cleanliness problem We kept taking it apart and adjusting it and finally gave up within a week.

Perhaps not all of the fountains have the same problem since Catnapper says hers is quiet.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59
    If my cats refuse to drink to it, may be you could have mine for a good price well, I don't know. Actually I had in mind to try again and give them more time to adapt, but really, if they are still scared, I don't know...

Really? Maybe your cats would like our fountain better? It is a Petmate! We could swop if you like

Until this was posted, I'd never heard of it. I absolutey SWEAR by the PetMate fountain. It's easy to care for and quiet and my cats love it!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I have the Cat IT water fountain, but have yet to set it up since we moved. I love it, it is very quiet unless it needs to be filled again. I need to purchase some more filters, then it will be set up again.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    Really? Maybe your cats would like our fountain better? It is a Petmate! We could swop if you like
    He-he, I was not seriously thinking of getting rid of it. My cats don't like it, but I like it I will let you know if I change my mind

Mine is very quiet, except when there is not enough water.