Thread: Great Pyrenees?

Hybrid View

i love pyrees! Such sweet natured dogs..my firend has 2..they are just the sweetest dogs..here is one of her boys Riley (a very dirty riley i might add)

VERY loyal family dogs, for sure. My fiance speaks nothing but praises of the breed because he grew up with them as a kid. I don't know anything personally, but I can certainly ask my fiance what it was like living with them. I can say though that their Pyr killed a dog that tried attacking their mom on a walk one day, so yes, they are very loyal and protective of their families.

facebook

My sister had one that was absolutely the sweetiest thing I ever saw. She was just a big old teddy bear of a dog that loved tons of attention. She had several cats and several small dogs with Morgan and she never bothered any of them, in fact she got along really good with them.

She had a really nice fenced in back yard but in Florida, it was just to hot to let her out for long. She lived in a small house and just didn't have room for such a large dog. She ended up giving her away to someone who lived in the country and had tons of room inside and out for such a large dog.

We also had a owner surrender when I was helping out at the shelter. They notified a out of state rescue they had one and they sent someone asap to get it. They had people to come in and see the dog and beg for it but they know not everybody understands the needs of such a large dog and wouldn't let any locals have it.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!