Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried About Chowder

Worried About Chowder

Late last night Kevin noticed Chowder limping. He's not been himself today, just sleeping and won't move much. He will be at the vets first thing tomorrow morning. He hasn't played, moved much today, but has eaten (which is a good thing). I cannot figure out how he would've hurt himself. Will update once we know more.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Could it be that he misses his Ziggy? Keep us posted on how he is.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    Could it be that he misses his Ziggy? Keep us posted on how he is.
    That's what I first thought until I saw him favoring his left front paw/leg. If I barely touch it he cries.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

While fosting kittens I have seen this. For no reason at all a baby will start to limp. Most of the time they have just over exerted themselves. It usually works itself out in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    While fosting kittens I have seen this. For no reason at all a baby will start to limp. Most of the time they have just over exerted themselves. It usually works itself out in a few days.
    Thanks Jen! We're keeping a close eye on him.

Thhat happens with the Found Ctas, especially the Kitten Trio and they run and leap about, and I think as Jen says land the wrong way sometimes.
    I think Chowder should be all right, as Our Cats are very reslient.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aww I hope it is nothing. Let us know how it goes.
    Michelle

Lisa, I sure hope that it's nothing serious. Poor widdle boy. Please update us as soon as you know anything. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

We got a new bed and it is very much higher than the old one. Cocoa Kitty has an old injury and I think he hurt it or overexerted himself trying to jump up. I got an ottoman that he can jump on on his way to the bed and he was back to his old self very quickly.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

Lisa,

If possible check in between his toes on the sore paw. My RB kitty August once pricked himself badly on some sharp object and limped around. When the vet checked him out, August had an infection in between his toes - antibiotics and salt soaks twice a day helped him be good as new in no time.

Chowder is such a cutie - please give him a hug for me.

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I keep my paws crossed for little Chowder- hope he'll be ok

Any news yet?

I agree with the others about it could be a passing injury. That happened to Sunny when she jumped down off the fence and hurt her shoulder, and was growling and holding her paw up, we rushed her to the emergency vet (it was a weekend) and he gave her a pain kiling injection then charged us £75.00! (which I think is about $145??ish) cause it was out of hours.
    Then when we got home she run up the stairs jumped on the bed and went to sleep with no problem at all! I could've killed her, lol!
    So it may be that it will wear off after he's rested.
    Animals are knowledgable when it comes to hurting/injuring themselves, they always know they have to rest so it will get better.
    Get well soon Chowder!

How is little Chowder today, Lisa????

Kim

Chowder is doing MUCH better today. He's still limping slightly, but is playing with his mousie Tracey brought him. They feel he just strained it and will be just fine in a few days. Thanks everyone!