Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new job didn't work out...

The new job didn't work out...

Don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight. As I was walking into my SECOND job tonight, my cellphone rang. It was Louanne, the woman at the temp agency. She told me that the woman I interviewed with said she didn't think I was going to work out, based on a comment I made. She told her I said I was a little overwhelmed. What I said was, it was alot to learn and I could see where someone could get overwhelmed. She told Louanne that it was a slow period for them because the rent checks don't start coming in till the 1st of the month. Louanne said she was NOT pleased at all, and when she questioned Sandra (the woman I interviewed with) about my performance, she was very vague. I assured her I was MORE than capable of performing the job and it was only the third day for God's sake. She said she was going to try and talk to her tomorrow to see if she can change her mind. So, as of right now, I am AGAIN partially unemployed. I am in shock. But I'm also angry. How unfair. But by the same token, if she is so certain that I'm going to fail, I don't want to work for someone like that.

I did everything I could not to cry at customer service tonight. The minute I got in my car at quitting time, the old floodgates broken open. My eyes are so puffy right now, I feel like I'm looking out from 2 slits.

I called a dental practice that called me for an interview right after I got this stinking job and left a message to have them call me. We'll see what happens.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!

I bet and hope that when you call that dental clinic, you will find out that you were meant to be there!

*hands over all the kleenex she owns* You DESERVE to work for someone better!

And you will!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Gosh, that really stinks. But, I agree, you probably wouldn't want to work for someone who's going to assume a false impression of you so quickly without even seeing how you mesh with the job. How rude. Please keep us posted and try to get some sleep.

**hugs**

I am so sorry about your job. *hugs*
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Sweetheart, (I know I'm up early, I went to bed early!) I'm so sorry to hear that the job didn't work out. Gentle {{{{HUGS}}}} from me. What a vague excuse for letting you go! If you need it, the soft, wet shoulder is always here for you to lean on or pound your fists against! I'm here for you, Donna!

Dear Donna..I know you're really upset. I'm so sorry the lying heifer hurt your feelings by misconstruing what you said. You're too sweet and trusting to work in a place like that anyway. Screw them. Something better will come along- a job you'll love and enjoy

I've been Boooo'd!

{{{hugs}}} something better will come along sweetie
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Donna, I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say. What a truly heartless woman - she sounds like she has issues herself.

Your dream job will come along. If not, you want to move to Pennsylvania and we can start our own cat related business together? No idea what we could do, but together we'd make a great product!

Finding just the right job

Donna, I am sorry you're having such trouble. I think you need to re-think your employment selection method. I don't have any advice other than to try to have you figure out what you like, what you are good at, what you excel at and then fit the answers in a more direct route to the correct job.

I love people who love to WORK. I have hired and fired a fair share of people. Some of the folks hired were SOOOOO nice but not suited for the job and/or the personalities of the persons/other employees. They were let go. It is all part of business. I think prospective employees need to think about the type of business they are apply to work for and think hard about the possiblity of staying......are they suited for it.

I work for a law firm and have worked for different firms over the years. I know attorneys inside and out...have dated them, married one, divorced one, have attorney friends right now, but I know, deep down that not everyone likes the personalities and moods (yes they have many, that's the problem?) of lawyers/attorneys and they certainly, without exposure in the work environment, don't know the pressures the attorneys are under all the time. Some folks would fail miserably at working for a law firm. I have it down to a science now, after years and still struggle from time to time. Or should I say tangle, from time to time. I would fail working for a non-profit, animal shelter. I would get the boot in an hour. My mouth would get me in trouble. I would have every animal in my car by day's end. I would have offended every employee and customer. I would also fail at a Dr.'s office.....and many other occupations/businesses.

So, think hard and fast about your personality / your needs / your experience/ your level of interest in the work / etc. etc. I am sure you have, but there must be something you are not seeing........to have so many turn overs in employment.

I truly hope you seek a couselor - maybe the local unemployment office offers an aptitude test or something similar to determine what field of work you are best suited for.

One question: What job were you doing when you lasted the longest, enjoyed it the most and made the most money. Was there any one job? Maybe two jobs?

Hey, Donna, you don't have to answer any of these questions - really. If you want to PM me, fine.

Please don't be insulted by my comments. I am just trying to help. I want to see you land that perfect job and be happy. Really. I think you have all the right components, just performing in front of the wrong audiences.

L,
    SAS

oh Donna, I'm so sorry it didn't work out. People can be so weird and judgemental.
    I started a job at a shipping site and after one week, the boss ( she was 20-something) threw her hands in the air and said she just didn't know what else to do with me - I just wasn't "getting it". I was dumbfounded. getting what? As far as I could tell, i was doing everything correctly, I just didn't have it all "memorized" yet and had to look at a chart for box sizes. duh. I lasted two weeks then got called to the clothing shop where I've been for two years now. Hang in there.

Oh I'm so sorry. I really hope something better comes along, one with supportive co-workers and supervisors. It's just terrible how employers can expect everything of you but they give you little in return. I personally don't understand why the supervisor didn't respect your honesty. I have almost always been overwhelmed at the beginning of a new job. I think everyone is. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll find something better soon. Good luck.

Hang in there, the right job will come along.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

*hugs*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Many hugs to you!
    Maybe that just means that that job wasn't the right one for you!!
    Best of luck
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

SAS,

Of course I'm not offended by your post. I know you're only trying to help. I've worked for law firms for 12 years. Most of the lawyers I've met were a bag of @$$holes. Arrogant, pompous and so self-absorbed. After my Dad passed away and I was almost hospitalized for depression, I decided enough was enough. I haven't looked back. Sure the money was good, but the abuse was unbearable.

I absolutely LOVE working with animals. I was offered a part-time Animal Control Officer position by the Seargent at the Meriden Pound. I've also put in a call to her to see what the status is.

I'm SO very fortunate to have such a wonderful roommate. Mark and I talked and he said that as long as he's able to cover the rent and stuff, not to worry. Something will come along. If it weren't for Mark, me and the cats would be living in my car.

Thank you so much everyone for being such great friends. I wasn't going to post about this at all because I didn't want to feel like I was having a "pity party". But I know I could come here and find solace. You guys are the best!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!