Thread: I almost forgot to tell everyone about the day we almost LOST Tiffany!!!!!

I almost forgot to tell everyone about the day we almost LOST Tiffany!!!!!

So just before we moved my partner's best friend came to visit for a few days. It was great, they hadn't seen each other in months, and after living together for 4 years they missed each other quite a bit. After a very nice visit we said goodbye to her, and stood in the doorway to wave goodbye as she stepped in to the elevator. About an hour later we hear a knock on the door. It's our landlord, wondering if that cat at the end of the hallway is ours!!!!! I looked, and it was a tortie, so I ran to get her, my heart just sitting in my throat. She was terrified!!!!! Hunched close to the ground with BIG eyes!! As soon as I picked her up she curled up in my arms and snuggled in tight under my chin. I ran back in to the apartment asking my partner if she was ours, because..... She's a tortie!!!! They all look the same, and I was panicked that we'd almost lost our little girl!!!! Turns out, she was ours, and she must have slipped out when we were saying goodbye to my partner's friend. She hasn't gone near the door in the new place yet, so maybe it was a good thing, but man, that was terrible!!!!!!!!

Anyway, thought I'd share

How scary!!! A cat slipping out of the door is one of my biggest fears!

Luckily your landlord asked you if it was one of yours! I'm glad that Tiffany didn't panic so much that she ran away from you when she was outside.

Kirsten

Luckily when she ran out the door we lived on the 11th floor of an apartment building. What was scary to think about was someone else taking her in because they wanted a kitten......

A lot of scary things can happens once they are outside their house. I'm really glad that nothing happened and that you found her safe!

Kirsten

I'd have fainted.

But this......
    I ran back in to the apartment asking my partner if she was ours.....
    Made me LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I was so panicked when I picked her up, I thought the one in my arms was heavier, and the colouring seemed different, and because torties can look very similar.......... oh man, made my partner laugh too. It's easier when she's in the apartment, cuz Bob and Don are white, and she very much is not

While I am on this thread, maybe this siggy will work better.....a bit larger. Try it.

It was a good thing that you saw Tiffany before you left, and then had to return and try and find her.
    That was a close call!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS