Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New Tiny Addition

A New Tiny Addition

Today while I was at work I recieved a phone call from a friend of mine. Her co-worker found a kitten in the alley by her house. She said the kitten was about four weeks or that is what she thought. She had been bottle feeding it for a week but her kids are going back to school and there will be nobody to care for it for like 9 hours a day...so here is where I come in. I called the lady, Donna, and asked her if the baby's eyes were open. She said that they opened about 5 days ago and the kit just scoots, not really crawling. I told her the baby was about two weeks old and that I have two nursing mommas that may except the newbie. So Donna brings it to our home/rescue and my fiance takes over till I get home. He introduced the kit to Dottie. She is the one who is nursing four. She was nursing five, but one passed away Sunday morning. Instantly, Dottie starts to clean the baby's bottom and take control...but the baby will not nurse on her. So I am bottle feeding the baby and letting Dottie do the cleaning and potty stimulations. I am hoping the baby takes to Dottie. I noticed the baby's rear legs are a bit swollen and have no hair and when I was stimulating potty, the kit bled from the rear. I am thinking that the swelling and hair loss is from the kitten scooting on the ground outside in the heat...who knows how long it was outside alone. I don't know why it is bleeding, maybe worms. I am taking it to an emergency vet in the morning...my vet has no openings. I don't have the money, I was saving for the Lil' Dirty Dozen's vet needs, but this is much more important right now. I will keep you posted. I just hope the little kit makes it. More little thing.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Please try to keep us informed of this little baby's situation. Although you really have your hands full right now obviously!
    I will pray hard you find a financial solution.

How wonderful of Dottie to mother the new baby.

I hope the little one's problems are easily solved, and maybe she will nurse when she feels more comfortable.

Poor little mite!

HUGS
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm praying for the little ones.

Thank you everybody. Off to the vet we go!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Oh my.... poor little one. What a rough way to start life, but thank goodness she was able to get in your care! Keep us posted on her!

Hope you come back to report with GOOD news!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Special prayers for the wee one!!
    Nine is Fine!!

All The Found Cats, Porch Cats and Angels are praying that that Little Baby can overcome her rough start in life, and become a Big Beautiful Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm posting in cat general as well, thinking that is where you will give us the up date on this sweetheart!!!!

All my best wishes for that kitten to pull through!!!!

I really hope everything goes okay!!! Such a wee one deserves a chance at happiness

A new tiny addition

Come on now, little kitty.You can get past this. You already have many friends on PT praying that you get better soon so you can enjoy all the love and caring that goes with being a PT kitty even if it's only your temporary home. We'd love to see some pictures of you just as soon as you feel up to it.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I hope that the vet will be able to help this poor little baby kitten. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his/her way.

I've been checking this thread all day, hoping that the kitten is going to be okay and that Tracy lets us know soon. How wonderful that she agreed to take on this extra tiny kitten when she is already way overloaded. I must admit that I was hoping the shelters would request a lower adoption fee for Beans and Bethel (not that they should, but some do) so I could send what I saved to Tracy, but it's not to be. I was very pleased to see that her fiance was helping out with the kitten since work like this can put a real strain on a relationaship, but they sound like a good team.

Hang in there tiny one!

Kim