Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another reason to spay/neuter (WARNING: GRAPHIC)

Wow...

Thats a real eye opener..I knew it happens but hearing it from that point of view has shocked me.

I think that people should be made to have a license with every dog owned and be made to report any cases or rehoming and if the reason isn't good enough then fine you dont get anther dog.

I wouldnt ever be able to put a dog through that

I wonder if there's anything I can do to get my shelter turned into no-kill and give them more space.. That completely was utterly horrible, and sounds very much like my own shelter.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Thats horrible and very sad nearly brought me to tears.

If I could make a law for selling dogs & cats this would be it.

''YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELL PUPPIES/DOGS,KITTENS/CATS WITH OUT THEM BEING NUTERED & THERE IS A LIMET OF PROFESIONAL BREEDERS ALOUD TO BREED THESE CREATURES IN EACH COUNTREY AND ONLY THESE PEOPLE CAN SELL & BREED THEM!!''

If this law was real there would be less deaths and more joy towards cats and dogs.

So if you want a dog or cat there would be a certan number of breeders around each city so that people dont just keep breeding them for money and if you did that you would get a large fine

Same goes for rabbits and other over breed creatures.

well, for whatever it's worth, i found the site, but the person on there who posted it said (quote) No I don't know who wrote it. I saw it on another forum and figured some on here could use it so I copied and pasted it. It was supposedly an e-mail going around so it is probably far away from who wrote it...

i'm trying to hunt down the source of it, myself. maybe someone will figure it out.

good luck!

http://forums.petfinder.com/viewtopi...b71e7f0b34df3c
    Last edited by dionne; 08-23-2006 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    I wonder if there's anything I can do to get my shelter turned into no-kill and give them more space.. That completely was utterly horrible, and sounds very much like my own shelter.
    The problem with this is...if the shelter goes no-kill, it's animal control who ends up euthanizing all the pets. Since one of my local shelters went no-kill, I've been told that if they need an animal euthed they take it to animal control. They still have an "open-door" policy 24 hours a day for taking in animals....what happens to all the animals they don't have room for?

Unfortunately, education is the answer. Opening more shelters might help some, but in the end people need to decide to take responsibility.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Found it on craigslist

Here is the post - the poster's contact addy is at the top of the page. At the bottom of the post, it is stated that no commercial offers or anything else inappropriate are to be sent to the poster.

He might like some support and offers of help, if he has a project he wants to get off the ground.

I have emailed to see if this person knows who the original poster is.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    The people who NEED to see this have no interest in reading anything like this. They think it don't apply to them or the pets they breed...
    I fear that you are so right, Laura.

Im going to be posting this on some sites hopefuly people shall understand more.

I can't make it through all this right now. At work. I don't know how they do that job. I think it would kill me. I wish people would be more responsible and quit treating animals as property. Bless this person and I know they'll have a special place in Heaven.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I saw this about a week ago on another forum I go to and then a few days later posted on my local Craigslist. I do know that it's true that some animal control places in less prosperous areas still use gas, so I do believe this letter. Of course it is possible that he has embelished a bit but I don't think it matters that much. It is a great story and I hope some people who need to see it stumble across it. I'm so sad for the animals and this person who obviously suffers because of his job.

Has anybody got a petition or started anything regarding this thread?
    It says it's in North Carolina, well I've found the governer for that place and was wondering if emailing or writing a letter and including this would be worth something?
    Even if bringing it his attention?
    What do you think?

I didn't read it here or the multiple times I got it on my yahoo rescue groups because I know what they do and I know what happens to those animals. I just wish I could throw the stupid, irresponsible people in the gas chamber instead of the poor innocents.

It's amazing to me how ignorant people are when it comes to their animals. I especially love the one where parents want to breed their female dog so their kids can see the miracle of birth... Stupid, blooming idiots...be a responible parent and TELL their kids about it instead of putting their pet through that and then add to the pet overpopulation problem.

Oh please, don't make me get started....

And just so you know....there are gassing shelters in every southern and Midwestern state that I know of...and Ohio is one of the worst.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

well, i would like to commend the person who wrote the story for doing that job, it would be a tough job.

now i have to be the bad guy and point out a few things.

first of all, why would that person let the cats go in other neigborhoods?
    thats adding to the problem don't ya think?

second, stop being so nieve, what do you think happens to animals that end up at the pound? sure giving them an injection is a faster and less painful way to die ( i would assume) but then again so is shooting them in the head with a rifle.

i think what people need to understand is that the people that are causing this problem are the ones who will never read this, they don;t care and have no interest in learning anything that does not directly affect them in some way.

i live in missouri, there have been a number of dog bite attacks (supposedly by pitbulls but that was never confirmed) lately which were all over the media, what do you think the reaction of the public was?

well it sure wasn't any sort of intelligent one thats for sure, the people that were interviewed said that all pitbulls should be destroyed, when asked why they said , um because they are pitbulls.

the result has been a ban of pitbulls in certain counties, even though alot of people testified to the inneffectiveness of breed specific legislation, the ban still passed because of popular opinion.

but noone ever mentioned anything about the owners responsibilities. during one of the attacks the dogs were actually in a kennel/dog run and someone let them out because he wanted to see what would happen.

anyway, i just found out that its the law in my county to have my dog licensed, and thats because i just happened to be on the animal control website. bottom line is that people need to be educated but they have no interest in learning about animals. anyway, hope i didn;t offend anyone, here is the link to my local animal control dept, notice that everyyear the number goes up?
    sorry for the rant, but people should have to take a class before being allowed a pet.

http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/rac/

Quote Originally Posted by dionne
    We take our box, and put the very friendly kittens and pregnant cats
    in our box. ........

We take the cats into my truck, and put them on blankets in the back.
    Usually, as soon as we start to drive away, there are purring cats
    sitting on our necks or rubbing against us.

My buddy and I take our one way two hour trip to a county that is
    very wealthy and they use injection to kill animals.

We go to exclusive neighborhoods, and let one or two cats out at a
    time.

They don't want to run, they want to stay with us. We shoo them away,
    which makes me feel sad.

I tell them that these rich people will adopt them, and if worse
    comes to worse and they do get put down, they will be put down with a
    painless needle being cradled by a loving veterinarian.

After the last cat is free, we drive back to our town.
    It's about 5 in the morning now, about two hours until I have to gas
    my best friends.
    I felt much sadness at this whole post until i got to this part...

Why would someone who detests their job release unspayed cats (pregnant as well!!) and kittens into any neighbourhood.....thats just crazy

You haven't saved them...you've sentenced them to the possiblity getting hit by vehicles...of turning feral and/ or becoming breeding machines (and keeping you or the poor person in the area you released them into, in a job you and i'm sure most people hate??)...and various other nasties

Why not take them to a shelter in that area that uses the needle?? Releasing them is just plain wrong