Thread: Want to meet Tijger?

Want to meet Tijger?

My SIL (the same one who found my Inka) has a supersweet cat, called Tijger. Her problem is that she is having a new house built; that house is located close to a very busy (and fast) road. So she decided she won't take her cat with her, because Tijger is a outdoorcat mostly.So now, she is looking for a new home for her. Little Tijger is a very friendly and cuddly cat, but is used to do all her "business" outside; there is no litterbox in the house.
    Her granddaughter Elise is very keen on Tijger and wants to have her. But then they Tijger would have to be changed into a full indoor-cat, as they live even closer to a busy street. They think it is not possible to teach Tijger this.... . What now???? My SIL suggested me take her home as my 5th cat. BUT, 4 really is my limit; I also fear that no more extra's will be accepted by my other four either. My humans also gave a big NO!!!!
    On to the pictures now!!

Tijger is the most friendly and easy cat I know! She was on my lap all afternoon, purring loudly!

more pics follow
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh yes, I forgot: Tijger is 1 year old, and had 2 litters already. She is NOT sterilised yet....

this pic is with her little niece Elise who adores Tijger

Please pray that this cutie will be allowed to live at Elise's house, or that she finds a good forever home!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Awww she's lovely. I hope she finds a hope (and whats one more eh?)
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

What a beautiful little cat. I wouldn't have thought that it would be too difficult for them to find a home for her with someone else. Of course, if they had her fixed first, it might be easier to find her a home.

Are you thinking about it???

Oh Lut, you have to have her! She's just gorgeous, I think she would fit in in your house especially with Snoopy! They're alike.
    She's so cute, she needs to be spayed though before she has another litter.
    Being such a sweet cat I'm sure she'll find a home. I don't think she'd be too bad adjusting to an indoor life if she's very friendly with humans and with other cats for company. I think she needs a home with other cats, to adjust to indoor life. As long as there is plenty to keep her amused I'm sure she's adapt.
    What a sweetie!

She is beautiful! From her name I first thought she was a he!

Of course it depends on cats, but I think going from outdoor to 100% indoor would be difficult. Sterilisation may help of course.

Concerning the littler box, my previous cat Hercule used to do all his business outside and never had a litter box. When my parents moved to a new house, we tried to keep him indoor for the first days or weeks. I was amazed to see that he immediately adapted to the litter box! We showed him, and as he could not go outside he understood within minutes that he had to use it!
    After a few days, being an indoor cat was too much for him and my parents let him go outside again.
    For the funny part of the story, he did not want to use the litter box anymore when he had the choice to go outside, but when we went there we put a litter box for Peppito, and during rainy days, we saw Hercule using the litter box to avoid going outside

The little pie is young and beautiful, could it be difficult to find her a new home in your area? It is very quiet for an outdoor kitty...

BTW, your SIL did not sterilised her and let her have two litters?? What is she thinking about

I think spaying would really help to make her an indoor cat. I hope your niece gets to keep her.

Maybe a few family members could help out with the spaying costs?

She is just GORGEOUS - you can just see the purring in those eyes and face! What a lovely loving girl!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Awww! She is so pretty! Hope she finds a great home.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I think that thats very irresponsible to let Tijger have two Litters.
    What became of those Kittens.
    And she should be spayed immediately before she becomes pregnant again.
    I hope those Kittens are being properly cared for.
    Two Litters is inexcusable.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    Two Litters is inexcusable.
    I know, and I told her that many times!! But she just doesn't want to listen, stubborn SIL!! Money is no problem for her either.... ! I "ordered" her to find Tijger a good home, or else I would nr-ever talk to her anymore!!

Yes, it's even more difficult when it's a relative...

What did she do with the kittens? Since my last post I was thinking about Tijger, poor girl, one litter per year We see so many of them at the shelter where I go.
    I suppose we can consider it's good that Tijger is to be adopted

Ahhh, sweet Tijger! I hope she will find a good and safe place to live. But I think it would be the best to help her adjust to the indoor life so your SIL can keep her. Spaying would help a lot, I'm sure!

I know that some people just don't see a reason why they shouldn't have their cats have babies. I also know some who are very stubborn.

Kirsten

I hope it works out for that sweet little girl, and I hope she gets spayed......

She's so pretty and loving. I hope that someone will spay her soon and that she'll be able to find another loving and caring forever home.

What a beautiful cat. I think she would do fine as an indoor cat, getting spayed would be the first step obviously. My Ebbs was near enough two years old when I got her and she had been an outdoor cat, she also had had a litter of kittens, but she adjusted just fine to living indoors and is a happy kitty.