Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding

Wedding

So I'm sorry I have been MIA recently, I just wanted to update everyone on what's been going on. HJ and I are getting married January 13, 2007 and I told him the only thing I care about is that the dogs HAVE to be in the wedding. And he actually wants them to be in it, too! I am so excited, I'm gonna dress Charlie up in a little tux and Jamie in a little dress and oh I'm so excited! Is it sad I'm more excited about having my dogs in the wedding almost than the wedding itself?

Ahhh and I have to shop for a wedding dress. And ahh so much stuff to do!

Does anyone have experience with their dogs being in their wedding with them or have had family members do it, etc? Know of any places that may have stuff for dogs, or patterns where we could make it ourselves??

facebook

First of all, Congratulations on that Wedding!!!! Your thread made those bells ring again!!!

Second, hey, love includes "dogs" of course. I never considered including dogs in my own weddiing pictures, but, times are changing---

I'd enjoy seeing the outcome on this reception!!!!

CONGRATS with your wedding!!

Miss Edwina is not a dog, but a cat; but she might be the purrfect purrson to give you all the advize you need! She was so beautifully dressed on her meowmies wedding (post that pic please, Sara, hint hint)
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Anything for you, Lut!

Oh my how precious!! Ah now I'm getting so excited! Though I highly doubt my two will keep anything on their heads hehe

facebook

Congrats!!! I think it's great the dogs will be in the ceremony! What about making Charlie the ring-bearer and Jamie the flower girl? Charlie could carry a little bag with the rings, and Jamie could carry a basket of flowers. Just an idea! Can't wait to see the pictures!

First of all...CONGRATULATIONS!! You must be so excited!

I think the idea of including your dogs in the wedding is lovely. They are obviously an important part of the family, right?
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Cholaine
    First of all...CONGRATULATIONS!! You must be so excited!

I think the idea of including your dogs in the wedding is lovely. They are obviously an important part of the family, right?
    They are our kids!! I've brought it up before in the past and he didn't really like the idea, but the other night we had a long talk and cleared some stuff up, and then he's like "So Charlie is going to be our ring bearer and Jamie is going to be our flower girl right??" I was so happy LOL

facebook

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!! I love the idea of the dogs being in the wedding!! I can't wait for the pictures. It will be soooo cute!!

Miss Edwina is one of the cutest kitties I've ever seen. I love her hats!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Congrats! Sad to have your dogs in the wedding? NO! I think it's sweet. If I ever do get married, I would love my dogs to be in my wedding. make sure to get pictures and congrats again!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Ok... I Am Going To Be The Voice Of Descent Here. I Say The Ceremony Should Be Devoid Of The Dogs. I Think It Is More Sacred And Serious Than The Dogs Presence Will Allow For. Imo. I Think You Want To Get The Most Important, Single Largest Decision You Will Ever Make In Your Life Off On A More Serious Note.

Sometime In Your Life (but Let's Hope Not) You May Have To Decide Between Your Furrpets And Your Husband, Or Your Job Or Family... And You Want To Have Your Priorities Straight.

But Heah, To Each His Own. On The Most Important Note Though - Congratulations On Your Wedding Plans. Hope Everything Goes Smoothly And You Have The Very Best Wedding/ceremony Possible!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I think it is a wonderful and beautiful idea. I think the dressup idea is cute but have no idea what they could do. Maybe they could be a bridesmaid and a groomsman (terminology?)?

I wanted my cats in my wedding but everyone objected so that was pretty much shot down.

My advise to you is to always remember that this is YOUR wedding and YOU are the one that calls the shots. I'm sure some people will object to you having the dogs in the wedding but if it's important to you then they should be there. I personally think it's a great idea. I also would suggest that well before the wedding you pick someone to watch over and be responsible for each of pups. You and HJ will be very busy and won't be able to constantly watch the dogs.

I'm going to stress that this is your wedding be sure you get everything you want, don't let others push you around. If I could do my wedding all over today it would be completely different from what it was. My mom planned my wedding, I had very little say in it. She completely took over, she invited people I didn't want to invite, she chose the DJ, the place to have the reception, the food, basically everything.
    I hate to be the center of attention (a hard thing to avoid on your wedding day). Justin nor I like to dance and neither of us wanted to dance at our wedding, but we were literately pushed and forced to. We were told that if we didn't dance at our wedding we'd regret it later... well guess what, we both now regret that we DID dance.

My sister-in-law (husband's sister) had basically the same experience with her wedding. She was pushed around by her future mother-in-law and ended up hating her wedding. They were having the wedding at her mother-in-laws house and her M-I-L got really bossy and took over.

My husband's cousin did it right. They didn't let anyone tell them how to do things, they did it their way. They wanted a light and fun wedding and that's what they got. She made her invitations by hand. He wore his sneakers with his tux. My husband's other cousin, a 23 year old man was the flower girl. At their reception they had barbecue. They did it their way and they enjoyed their wedding.

If you want Charlie and Jamie in your wedding don't let anyone stop you!
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix
    My advise to you is to always remember that this is YOUR wedding and YOU are the one that calls the shots. ...My mom planned my wedding, I had very little say in it. She completely took over, she invited people I didn't want to invite, she chose the DJ, the place to have the reception, the food, basically everything.
    I hate to be the center of attention (a hard thing to avoid on your wedding day). Justin nor I like to dance and neither of us wanted to dance at our wedding, but we were literately pushed and forced to. We were told that if we didn't dance at our wedding we'd regret it later... well guess what, we both now regret that we DID dance.

...They did it their way and they enjoyed their wedding.

If you want Charlie and Jamie in your wedding don't let anyone stop you!
    We might be talking SEMATICS here, but I think what you are referring to is not the wedding - for the most part, but actually the reception. In which case, I agree with you 110%. Believe it or not, "most" people (the newlyweds) do NOT enjoy their own reception. It is almost always planned by others (parents and in-laws), there is a lot of bickering and sometimes downright arguing over the place, the size, the menu the decorations, flowers, etc., tc... and on and on. Most couples remember it all as a blurr and are just "glad to get through it" I know I was!!!

So in concept, I agree with you. It is your day... so have it your way!!! Good luck though getting that passed by the Congress of Juriprudence (headed by your "P-A-R-E-N-T-S"). I am just saying that I think you should take the Ceremony and the actual saying of your VOWS more SERIOUSLY. It is (to me) a more solemn occasion and one that is meant to be an act of deep devotion and committment before your family, friends and GOD!!!

I mean, if Dogs and Cats are OK... why not a Monkey for the Preacher and Trained Seal for the Organist?

What a sweet idea! I think including your dogs would be lovely. Congratulations on the wedding, I didn't realize that the date was coming up so soon! I sure hope we get to see pictures