Thread: Cat collars?

Hybrid View

Cat collars?

I was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for a decent cat collar? One that is a break-a-way or the like because my cats go outside yet one that is sturdy enough to stay one because Meko hates to wear them.

Both of my cats are microchipped but I'd really like to have a tag on them due to my recent adventure.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=110930
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I wish I could help, but i did try to put a collar on Katie once and I thought I was going to have to go to the ER after all of the blood I lost due to the scratches Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    I wish I could help, but i did try to put a collar on Katie once and I thought I was going to have to go to the ER after all of the blood I lost due to the scratches Good luck!
    OUCH. Sorry you had to experience that. Luckily my cats allow me to do whatever I want with them with no restraint. I can dress them up, dance with them, clip their nails, give them baths, etc... Knock on wood I've only gotten one scratch from my cats, which was right after I clipped their nails, I don't file them so they were jagged to top it off, Kaige was a puppy & jumped right ON Meko when I was letting her jump down off of me, it startled her & she tried to get some traction, I was the only thing she could grab onto. lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    OUCH. Sorry you had to experience that. Luckily my cats allow me to do whatever I want with them with no restraint. I can dress them up, dance with them, clip their nails, give them baths, etc... Knock on wood I've only gotten one scratch from my cats, which was right after I clipped their nails, I don't file them so they were jagged to top it off, Kaige was a puppy & jumped right ON Meko when I was letting her jump down off of me, it startled her & she tried to get some traction, I was the only thing she could grab onto. lol
    haha I can see you dressing them up and dancing....cute! I don't think I could try that with my two without having 911 on the line.

No collars here. Pouncer was Houdini and got out of anycollar within 10 seconds. It felt pointless to try with him. Then Abby and Harry came along and I never tried with them, aftr seeing Pouncer doing his tricks. Allen's eventually came off. Long story short: no collars here.

I also wanted a collar for my Jasmine who is microchipped, in order that people know she belongs to someone if they see them outside, but I gave up, it was too dangerous in her case (see my old thread http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=99998). She just can't stand it, while Peppito wears a collar without any problem.
    But I guess only a minority of cats react like here...