Thread: Cat collars?

Cat collars?

I was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for a decent cat collar? One that is a break-a-way or the like because my cats go outside yet one that is sturdy enough to stay one because Meko hates to wear them.

Both of my cats are microchipped but I'd really like to have a tag on them due to my recent adventure.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=110930
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I wish I could help, but i did try to put a collar on Katie once and I thought I was going to have to go to the ER after all of the blood I lost due to the scratches Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    I wish I could help, but i did try to put a collar on Katie once and I thought I was going to have to go to the ER after all of the blood I lost due to the scratches Good luck!
    OUCH. Sorry you had to experience that. Luckily my cats allow me to do whatever I want with them with no restraint. I can dress them up, dance with them, clip their nails, give them baths, etc... Knock on wood I've only gotten one scratch from my cats, which was right after I clipped their nails, I don't file them so they were jagged to top it off, Kaige was a puppy & jumped right ON Meko when I was letting her jump down off of me, it startled her & she tried to get some traction, I was the only thing she could grab onto. lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    OUCH. Sorry you had to experience that. Luckily my cats allow me to do whatever I want with them with no restraint. I can dress them up, dance with them, clip their nails, give them baths, etc... Knock on wood I've only gotten one scratch from my cats, which was right after I clipped their nails, I don't file them so they were jagged to top it off, Kaige was a puppy & jumped right ON Meko when I was letting her jump down off of me, it startled her & she tried to get some traction, I was the only thing she could grab onto. lol
    haha I can see you dressing them up and dancing....cute! I don't think I could try that with my two without having 911 on the line.

No collars here. Pouncer was Houdini and got out of anycollar within 10 seconds. It felt pointless to try with him. Then Abby and Harry came along and I never tried with them, aftr seeing Pouncer doing his tricks. Allen's eventually came off. Long story short: no collars here.

I also wanted a collar for my Jasmine who is microchipped, in order that people know she belongs to someone if they see them outside, but I gave up, it was too dangerous in her case (see my old thread http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=99998). She just can't stand it, while Peppito wears a collar without any problem.
    But I guess only a minority of cats react like here...

Safe cat collars are really good.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Our kitties have been wearing breakaway collars with our phone number embroidered on them for the last 4 years. Check out: K9 Collars Cammie wears blue with red embroidery and Halo and Pepper wear red with blue embroidery. I was concerned that they wouldn't break away for a little kitty (Pepper is barely 6 pounds) but they work well. We bought a few extra in case they fell off but that hasn't happened.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I used to use Ova Collars, but at 20 dollars, they are too fragile.
    They kill fleas, but are plastic and break too easily.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

As you know, I don't own a cat. But, for Christmas 2 years ago I bought two cats that belong to a friend a collar each from K9 Collars aswell So far they've held up very well and she hasn't had a problem with them. If anything happens to them, she said she'll purchase from the same place again. I also bought my dogs collars from the same place and am very happy with them.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

When I was looking for a KITTEN collar for Hope Simone, I came across this woman that makes very nice ones that are breakaway(once after Hayley and Hope Simone wrestled, I found Hope Simone's in the living room!!) Here is the site. THe kitten collar can also fit a small adult. Raven, who is a petite Persian(COTD 12/9/04)wears one from this woman. www. Ragtimepetcollars.com
    Nine is Fine!!

Thank you for all the replies. I'll be sure to check out the sites.

My Zazou and Snoopy both wear a collar. It is necessary so I know where they are and what they are up to!! Maya doesn't need one, and Inka kept scratching her neck, so her is gone too now.
    I buy those with a piece of elastic in it, so it is never to tight

Zazou also has an address-case on her collar
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge