Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes your dog special?

Re: da pooches

Originally posted by pupper-lover
    Addie's introduction to the world was abusive and harsh, yet she has forgiven the the human race that starved her, beat her, and threw her away. She has so much love to give. She is sooooo sweet, happy, trusting ,and full of kisses! It takes a remarkable dog to forgive such cruelties and be so generous with her lov'n.

Ahhhh, puppy-lover, that is soooo sweet. It's sad at first, but I am happy you found her!

I love my dog Scout for so many reasons, but mostly because she had it so rough her first 3 years of life: Skinny, abused, neglected, then dumped at the pound. Also had NEVER been around cats- I found out when I got her home, and I have 2 of them.
    She was very sad at first, only wagging her tail slightly now and then.
    It took a couple of months for her to come out of her shell. Now she LOVES the cats (even plays gentle with them), was the best dog in her dog-obedience classes, is very loyal and follows me everywhere, and is happy all the time (tail wagging constantly!)

So you see, all she needed was a little attention and love to become the best dog ever to me! That guy who had her before and then dumped her, just had no idea!

Here is a pic of my baby:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yorkster!

Your scout sounds like my Addie.

When I first got Addie, she wouldn't even play. She was either sniffing the permiter of the room and eating any minute crumb she could find, or laying down curled in a ball saving her energy for the next food search.

I would try to introduce her to toys. She would just look at me and look at the toy. She thought I was nuts, I know it. Squeaky toys were horrifying to her. I quickly put those away.

Now she is so happy and never stops playing. Squeeky toys are now only scary at Petsmart. I swear she has even learned to smile!

Puppy-lover, what kind of dog is your Addie? I would love to see pictures Do you have a scanner or digital camara?

Scout is Border Collie/Lab mix.

It's so rewarding and special when a dog who has been treated badly can learn to trust and be happy again

Yorkster,

Addie is a mix of things. She looks like she has a lot of black lab. She has the square head and muscles of a pit bull. Her tongue has black spots on top and is black underneath. I was told she has Sharpei in her blood (I think they have black tongues). Her fur is shiny black with a brown tone that only shows up in some lighting circumstances. She's got big eyes and expressive ears.

I do have a digi cam and scanner at work. They let me use it for play, as well. I tried previously to post a digital pic, but it didn't work. I'm sure I have to adjust something. I'm just not sure what.