View Poll Results: Would you ever eat a frog or what else?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, that's too gross for me!

33 66.00%
  • Yes, I'd eat a a frog.

9 18.00%
  • I'd eat birds nest soup.

0 0%
  • I'd eat escargot.

2 4.00%
  • Other

3 6.00%
  • That's a bit of a stretch but I have been known to eat some odd things!

3 6.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you ever eat a frog?

Would you ever eat a frog?

Would you ever eat any of the (so called) gross things that seem to be particular favourites?

hmm..did we watch the same show today?? lol..the show was about some guy, traveling to several diffrent countries eating some of the nastiest things (IMO, lol)..the birds nest soup, GROSSES me out just thinking about it..*shudders* bird saliva and bird nests? NOOO thank you!! LOL

I wouldn't do the soup because there's nasty poo and bird spit and bird mites. Frog meat looks just like chicken so I think it would be easy. Escargot is too squeaky for me. Squid is good eatin' and caviar is good too. I don't know if I'd do guinea pig, honestly I can't object to it on the basis that it is a pet. A cow is a pet and I eat a cow. I think I'd be ok with guinea pig if I didn't see it whole.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I can barley eat fish without getting grossed out, frog meat is not ever gonna come on my plate. Birds nest soup? That's another no... . As said, bird poop, mites, and god knows what else. I don't say "EWW that gross" in public because it's rude and those people may think chicken or steak is weird, so I am not rude like that at least, I usually just think it's gross.

I had the opportunity of try frogs legs years back when my daughter and I went to a street fair in NYC. I passed, however my daughter tried them. I actually have a picture of her trying them. The look on her face is priceless. She gave me the usual line..."It tastes like chicken."

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I said: That's a bit of a stretch but I have been known to eat some odd things!

I would not eat any of those things, but people say I eat wierd things sometimes. ( So I say they eat wierd things sometimes, too. )
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Nah... I'm a vegetarian.
    A loooong time ago I age frog legs, though.

No! :d
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I have eaten all of the above and also Iguana ,gator, turtle soup. I am sure I have eaten dishes that I don't WANT to know was in it. I was fortunate enough to travel extensivley in my younger days and some of the places it was local cuisine(3 weeks camping in tortugaro a week on the sarapiqui river etc.) and frog does taste a bit like chicken but muddier like catfish.

No way. Doesn't even sound remotely appealing...plus I'm a Vegetarian.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

The thought of eating 'odd' things usually grosses me out. The only out of the ordinary thing I've eaten is gator, which I liked. Justin loves calamari and I've tried it, but it knowing it was squid creped me out too much to enjoy it.

My grandpa used to love cow tongue. YUCK!
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

ummmmmm....................NO

I am not particularly adventurous in trying new foods.

I've eaten and liked/loved:

Frogs legs
    Escargot
    Alligator stew
    Jellyfish
    Fish stomach
    Chicken feet (too much work for too little meat)

I'm pretty experimental when it comes to food and as long as it's cooked, I'll try it, the only exception being sushi which I love. Won't even go near fresh oysters....it's like eating something that's alive and feeling it squirm in your stomach.....yuck!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

no. never! that is gross!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Heh. I am with the majority, I'd say.

I absolutely will NOT eat seafood. Crab, fish, nothing! Also, I have a strong dislike for anything and everything grape flavoured. I am a pretty picky eater BUT most people think the things I eat are weird. I like salt and vinegar chips/crisps, poutine, peanut butter and pickles, etc.