Thread: Update of the fishy kind

Update of the fishy kind

Since we've been on the subject of fish, I thought I'd update. My digital camera is broken so no pictures, and I do so dearly love trying to get good pictures of the fishkies.
    The sarasa with anchor worms has healed so well you can barely tell where I pulled them out. She's in with Depot and the fantails for now. The fantails are now 3 inches, when I got them in May they were 1.5 inches. The moor has died, he failed to thirve bascially as many moors do. Moors are bred specifically as live art with no concern for health and longevity. Shamu still splashes. I'm trying a new aquascape for the tank I'm going to take to college with me, river rocks and reeds to make a natural scene, it will make a great picture when I get a new camera. The fantails and three small comets will stay home for the school year.
    I've got 5 female bettas now. All doing fine. Angel is huge! I have the tank so heavily planted that I hardly get a good look, so when I did I was surprised how big she is next to the others. I have a feeling she won't live much longer as she's getting up there in age. Only one male yet. He's starting to look grizzled. I won't get another male if he dies soon, until I'm done with college and settled in a place of my own. I just don't like the males, too foo-foo artsy and not built for health, just like moors.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Glad to hear the sarasa is doing well! And its nice to hear that everyone else is doing fine.
    I am sorry about the Moor, but like you said, they were built for looks, not for health-reasons.

Glad everone is doing well.How old is Angel???
    Can't wait for pics when your camera gets fixed.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

She's probably more than two years. I've had her for a year. She's just getting slower but she's still the dominant girl. I'm just getting worried for no good reason, just because she's so big now.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton