Thread: The cat's skin is yellow!! o_O

The cat's skin is yellow!! o_O

My friend's cat Tigre's skin, teeth, and the white of his eye's have turned yellow, and so has his feces.. They think he got into the food colouring, but food colouring is not supposed to be harmful to cats (its in cat food) so then why is he suddenly not eating or drinking? My friend does not want to bring Tigre to the vet yet because they'll probably get a a big vet bill just for the checkup and then there's the medication!
    So were waiting a day to see if anything changes and I posted a thread on here to see if anything like this has happened to any of your cats because I cant find anything on the internet..

*EDIT* I see that some of you have been trying to contact me about Tigre's health and it makes me very happy that people acually care/remember!
    Tigre is getting better, he's less yellow now and is eating normal amounts just like before, no problems at all!
    But Im not exactly ready to party yet, you never know if something might happen..
    I'll edit again when the final result is clear!
    Last edited by Picasso; 08-03-2006 at 03:16 AM.

---

NEUTER AND SPAY YOUR PETS!!!

Anyone's skin turning yellow is a sign of kidney problems and immediate trip to the vet.

Kidney or liver. Either way, it's probably not good!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

My Peeka's eyes turned yellow and so did the inside of her ears. She was in kidney failure and then her liver started to fail and that's when she turned yellow. Get that cat to a vet NOW!

Blessings,
    Mary

This cat needs to see a vet right away. The yellow pigment you are seeing is an excess of bilirubin and indicative of liver issues.
    If the cat is not eating, then hepatic lipidosis (a.k.a. fatty liver disease) is certainly a possibility. This is a reversible condition, but only if caught early.
    Please, please get this kitty to the vet ASAP!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Double ditto to ALL of the above responses!!!Your cat could be in liver failure!!! GET THE CAT TO THE VET ASAP!!!! Please keep us posted on the outcome!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

She's jaundiced. Her liver is in serious trouble. She needs to see a vet NOW.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Thank you everyone for your quick response's, I called pamela back and she's probably taking care of the problem now, I'll update when I have more info on how he's doing..

---

NEUTER AND SPAY YOUR PETS!!!

Has anyone heard anything about the cat? I don't get on PT any more as much as I used to.

Blessings,
    Mary

A yellowing of the skin and white of the eyes is a definite sign of liver failure. Time for a vet visit.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I PM'd Picasso - a post earlier said they called Tiger's owner right away, and that the owner was taking care of it right then. But no further news!

Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda