Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: help...

it is so amazing what you are doing, you don't have to but you choose to because your kind and thoughtful-why can't we have more people like you in the world?

So very true,Bronx"s bower!!!

I have to check up on" Dayo" often during the day. It is one of the most positive threads , among many on Pet Talk.

Cagneydog, You are so like "Clara Barton", I am looking forward to more pictures of Dayo. Hats off to you!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy39
    So very true,Bronx"s bower!!!

I have to check up on" Dayo" often during the day. It is one of the most positive threads , among many on Pet Talk.

Cagneydog, You are so like "Clara Barton", I am looking forward to more pictures of Dayo. Hats off to you!!!!!!!!!
    How is that little squirrel doing????? I haven't noticed any up dates!!!!

He's still doing good. I realized last night that I was over heating it, the box was REALLY hot from the heating pad so I've stopped using it altogether. A rescue called back but I wasn't home so I've left ANOTHER message returning their call. :P

Thank-You SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for letting me know that Dayo is doing okay. I have to check on him every single day you know.

When you can, please give us some more pictures of him/her

You are doing such a wonderful job!!!!!!

Hi cagney dog, just me, your biggest fan again. I've told so many friends of mine about Dayo, but, they are not familier with this forum and can't find your thread. I've replied again so they can see it under dog general.

And, to be perfectly honest, I want to see another picture of Dayo myself

I know you are busy being a mother squirrel these days, so, I will just sit and wait for his second debut!!!! My sister can't believe what you are doing .

Glad to hear the squirrel is still doing good! I'll keep checking this thread for updates. (And I would also like to see more pictures of the little guy if you get the chance!)

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Thanks everyone. I'll try and get some more pictures. It's hard bring the laptop to the garage (it's the warmest part of the house, if youre wondering why he's in there right now) and positioning it so the webcam get a decent pic

I got a hold of a rescue worker. She seems very, very nice and she personally is going to take care of Dayo. I will be getting weekly updates from her on his/her progress. She said that she was impressed with my efforts so far, so that made me pretty happy

Unfortunately, he hasnt pooped yet today and I'm hoping he does later tonight. So far i've only been able to get him to pee once or twice a day. I read that they are supposed to go after every meal so I guess that isnt too good. I stopped feeding the pedialyte as he should be fully hydrated from it.

Thanks for the all of the support. I'm getting pretty sleep deprived from getting up every 2-3 hours, but it's worth it I am relieved that he'll be in good hands.

Oh, and it seems that his eyes&and eye lid are getting more defined. So I guess he is growing a bit.

A round of applause for cagneydog here!!! now, the standing ovation!!!!!!!!!!!,

whistles!!!!!

Thank-You , Mother Squirrel, for scurring about , investigating, teaching , telling and updating.

I have so enjoyed your wonderful rescue story!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy39
    A round of applause for cagneydog here!!! now, the standing ovation!!!!!!!!!!!,

whistles!!!!!

Thank-You , Mother Squirrel, for scurring about , investigating, teaching , telling and updating.

I have so enjoyed your wonderful rescue story!!!!
    I second that. Any baby that young is extremely difficult to raise. KUDOS to you for doing such a wonderful job!!! I'll be on the lookout for new pics.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Thanks everyone. He's gone now I donated all the materials and such I bought for it. Heating pad, pedialyte, forumla, etc. She was so nice and she gave me her email so we could keep in contact about Dayo. I'm going to ask if she can take pictures of his progress if she has a camera. She said that she was going to put him a bit of a smaller box because it will be better to contain the heat.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I feel pretty good about this, it took a lot of commitment. One of my friends pointed out to me today that not many peoplle would even bother picking it up, nevermind waking up every 2-3 hours, research squirrels, stimulating it to go to the bathroom etc.He was sure a cutie. I'll keep updating this thread as I get updates myself.

She did sound a bit concerned when I said that he would only pee once or twice a day...typically once. I hope everything is okay.

Thanks again

You are awesome Lindsey! GREAT job! I'm so thrilled to read your update . This thread has been so uplifting. You should be very proud of yourself!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

You definatley did a great job! Your friend was right, not many people would be as committed to helping Dayo as you were!

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

how far away is Dayo from you now? Are you feeling the empty nest syndrome?

You are "one of a kind" cagneydog!!!!! I have been addicted to the Dayo thread ever since you posted it!!!

Please, Please, keep me connected!!!
    I now bow, to the magnificient cagneydog!!!! The crowd cheers your accomplishment, a life was saved because of YOU!!!! Such dedication merits a reward!!!!! I hereby bestow upon you, a certifcate of valor!!!!

the crowd applauds your heroism!!!!! Bask, in your deserving glory!!!!!

You did an awesome job. I checked this thread every day and was so happy to see him still alive. You should be very proud of yourself, that is so great. Can't wait for more updates!

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008