Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: help...

This is the first thread I check on in the morning. It's like an on going drama story that I can't get enough of!
    You are doing a great job!
    I'm sure it's terribly difficult not to get attached but like you said, all of the hard work and care you are giving this little one ..... How can you not!?

I'm sure you've looked at every website... but just thought I'd post one that I found. It has info on all kinds of wild babies.

http://www.squirrel-rehab.org/pictur...roperdiet.html

http://www.squirrel-rehab.org/
    Last edited by pitc9; 07-26-2006 at 07:41 AM.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by CagneyDog
    Is espilac meant for animals?
    I think Esbilac & Espilac might both the same. i think just some people spell it wrong but it is possible that there is a product with both names. The only nbformation I can find is that they are both puppy milk replacement formulas. Esbilac is the name I can find on the actual packages so I know that is at least an atual product. It is found in pet stores, a milk replacer for puppies.

I have always used the kitten milk on my squirrels & they have all done fine. (I've never had one that young before though).
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

i'm so glad to hear that the little baby is doing well. i keep checking on the thread for any new updates. i can't wait to see more pics.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Should this be moved to pet general? We all know it is not a dog. lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I hadn't posted but I've been checking this thread every day. Lindsey I just have to say too how touched and impressed I am with all your efforts for this little baby. There aren't very many who would have even tried. Major kudos to you and I hope the little guy/girl continues to do well.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I have also been checking on this thread everyday. I'm so glad the baby is doing so well. I hope to hear an update soon on him/her. Did you ever figure out what he/she is?

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

So, have you contacted local rehab or humane societies yet?
    He/she has a lot better chance with them.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I have been checking this thread daily too. How is the little guy doing?

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

I don't know how I missed this thread!

How is the little guy doing? Please keep us updated! You've done a good job with him so far.

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

So, have you contacted local rehab or humane societies yet?
    Yes, I've left messages with two of them.

It's doing good today, I've been feeding it Pedialyte every two hours. It snuggles with the warmed up water bottle (it's actually warm water in a plastic glove wrapped in a towel haha)...so cute. It makes little squeeking noises, and I got it to pee a *tiny* bit after two of the meals today. I think it's doing good I felt awful, I slept through me alarm clock today and woke up at 8 instead of 6. I freaked out, rushed downstairs but it was thankfully juts fine.

Thanks for all of the support !

If it is a squirrel… I was told many years ago by a rehabilitator when I found a baby that all squirrels are diabetic and without the proper amount of sugar they begin to seizure and eventually die. She told me that she uses Gatorade to keep there sugar up. However I’m not sure how much or how often. This is something you might want to look in to for the time being until a rehabilitator gets back to you.

Good Luck!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen and Misty
    If it is a squirrel… I was told many years ago by a rehabilitator when I found a baby that all squirrels are diabetic and without the proper amount of sugar they begin to seizure and eventually die. She told me that she uses Gatorade to keep there sugar up. However I’m not sure how much or how often. This is something you might want to look in to for the time being until a rehabilitator gets back to you.

Good Luck!

Ashley
    I've raised a lot of squirrels and never had a problem with that. I usually raise mine on goats milk.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen and Misty

Good Luck!

Ashley
    I have also raised a lot of squirrels and have never had a problem with that, in fact I have never even heard about it. Mine were all raised on kitten milk replacement.

Are you feeding it something other than pedialyte? If not are you sure that gives him enough nutrients?

TT
    This is the turtle site i belong to. Air cares for baby rodents, so you might want to talk to him. Air has 3 babies right now & they look just like yours. If there is no thumb then its not a opossom.

I know its not a rat, I have 30+ right now & thats not a rat lol

Are you feeding it something other than pedialyte? If not are you sure that gives him enough nutrients?

Yes, I got some forumla for it but I'm going to try and find esbilac today.