Thread: Dog Doesnt like Anybody or other dogs

Dog Doesnt like Anybody or other dogs

Hello:

Three months ago I got a small 2 year old boston terrior. from a kennel where she was to be a breader. but ended up a runt and could not be breed. Her name is C.C. She didnt evon like me at first didnt want anything to do with me but we bonded in a couple days. She house broke very fast 2 months. She sits by me all the time and follows me around.The problem she doesnt like my husband at all. or anybody else. will not go to any of them will hide in her cage if anybody comes over. If you put her in their lap she is stiff as a board. She will smell other dogs then runs and tries to get away. If my husband has food she will go over to him stand up on the chair and take the food and lick his fingers. When the food is gone so is she. We have tried having him only feed her. forceing her to sit next to him he has to hold tight. He is giving up, what can we do.

First of all do not force the dog to do anything she does not want to do. Have your husband continue feeding, walking, grooming (If she will allow it) and start building up some trust.

I will add more to this later when i have a bit more time.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Poor thing sounds like she was not socialized well at all where she was raisied. Thank goodness they didn;t breed her, but I worry about the health of their other dogs.

Have you gone to an obedience training class with her? It is helpful with socialization, and will strengthen the bond between she and you. She sounds very insecure, and remember, you and your husband have two years of her prior history to overcome. Patience is the key, and repitition of training - you can both do the "exercises" from class with her.

Her shyness will decrease somewhat as she grows more secure, but she'll probably never be a social butterfly. But it sounds like you and she have bonded, and that's a good start.