Thread: World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft

For those of you who are into WOW, I now have two level 60 Alliance toons on the Gorefiend server. One is a Druid, the other is a Hunter.

I spent a LOT of time on my Hunter (main character) taming various beasts around the world so I could learn every possible skill I'd need for any pet I'd get. For example, I learned Bite 1-8, Claw 1-8, Growl 1-7, Dash 1-4, Prowl 1-4, and even some I'll never use... like breathe lightning, furious howl, etc. (I had to go and run the LBRS instance to tame a bloodaxe worg and get bite 8 and furious howl 4. I went with a 5 man group, and we wiped so many times everyone's armor was at 0% durability!)

Then, and only then, I went for the two pets I have been coveting lately. I already had Bjarn the white bear - a named elite in Dun Morough that started at level 12. He is now level 60, and one heck of a tanking pet.

The other two I had for a while were Broken Tooth (Level 43) from The Badlands, and The Rake (level 11) from Mulgore. Broken Tooth is the fastest pet in the game, with a 1.0s attack speed, and The Rake has a 1.2s attack speed.

While I had them, it was fine enough, but then I heard about two other cats that have them beat. Those being Humar the Pridelord, and Echeyakee. Both are found only in the Barrens (deep in horde territory). So, I abandoned Broken Tooth and The Rake.

Humar the Pridelord is a very rare jet black lion, and I named him Tentei. It means Lord in Japanese. He has a 1.3s attack speed, but better DPS than Broken Tooth or The Rake. He's difficult to get because he only spawns once every 11 hours, but I got lucky...

Echeyakee is a pure white lion. He does not spawn on his own. The only way you can get him is if you camp by the pile of bones northeast of the crossroads and wait for a horde to come by and blow their horn to summon him for a horde-only quest. Or if you have a horde friend who is willing to help you get him, then you're golden! In my case, some of my guild members have horde characters on a second account, and were more than willing to help me get this little beauty. He has a 2.0 second attack speed, but he makes up for it with even more DPS than Humar the Pridelord! I named him Chinjuu (Japanese for rare animal)

So, I'm working on getting them both up to 60 now. Chinjuu (Echeyakee) started at level 16, and he's 20 now. Tentei (Humar the Pridelord) started at 23 (elite), and he's still 23.

It's going to take a while, but when I'm done I'll have quite a crew of pets.

Here's Kuma, my white bear (AKA Bjarn)

Here's Chinjuu, my white lion (AKA Echeyakee)

And last, but certainly not least, here's Tentei, my black lion (AKA Humar the Pridelord)
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

My brother used to play it like all the time. But he's been too busy lately.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*