Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canine Visitors Galore!! pics.....New pics added

Canine Visitors Galore!! pics.....New pics added

We have a couple canine guests with us right now!

Nytron is staying with us for a couple weeks. My father-in-law is out of town selling his art. So Nytron is hanging with us! Which means I have a dog to play fetch with again! The huskies don't fetch! Nytron will chase a ball all day!

Such a handsome boy! He was pretty upset for the first couple days. He's really bonded to my FIL quickly, but he's settled back in now.

I had a lousy day yesterday, got very bad news about one of my cats(thread is in cat general) and I was cranky, cranky, cranky. So I decided not to cook and went to town for pizza. When I got home, this was in my driveway!

It's Kira!! Some of you may remember her. She was one of my fosters a couple years ago. She arrived her so skinny you could count every rib from 100 yards away. She stayed for a few months. I adored her. I still adore her. I would have kept her without hesitation, but Kira picked our friend Cam to be her daddy. She made it very clear that she was going to live with him. She has been a lifesaver for him--lifting him out of a terrible depression and last summer she made the paper where he lives now after she scared a bear away from him!

She looks amazing and is clearly well loved! She won't come in the yard yet. There weren't quite as many dogs here when Kira lived her and she's a little overwhelmed right now! They'll be staying for a few days and I'm sure she'll be playing with her old friends again soon!
    Last edited by Glacier; 07-17-2006 at 12:22 PM.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Lucky you!
    They look like two of the most beauitful visitors anyone could have!
    Nytron looks like so much fun to play with! Very handsome. And Kira has to be one of the most precious looking girls, she just looks so sweet!

wow! Nytron is BEAUTIFUL! of corse so is Kira! is Nytron missing the tip on his ear? have fun with the extra doggies!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    wow! Nytron is BEAUTIFUL! of corse so is Kira! is Nytron missing the tip on his ear? have fun with the extra doggies!
    It's not missing, but it's torn and the tip flops down. When he was a puppy, he challenged the older dog in his home. The ear injury is his permanent reminder that he is not the boss of every dog on the planet!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Visitors, what fun! I absolutely love Nytron's colouring, except the little brown hairs on his face kinda look weird (don't tell him I said that ). Kira looks great. I just want to play with those ears.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Oh lucky Nytron, and lucky you. I think you two will have a blast playing ball together. And sorry to say, but I did laugh at sweet little Kira's face. Not that she is funny looking, quite the opposite, she is a very pretty girl. But the expression in the first picture (the ears out in the "don't mess with me" angle), is just so cute. I think she is going to need a little time to get re-adjusted to Camp Wandering Spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    It's not missing, but it's torn and the tip flops down. When he was a puppy, he challenged the older dog in his home. The ear injury is his permanent reminder that he is not the boss of every dog on the planet!
    ah. ic.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

They are both stunning dogs. Kira's has such a soulful look on her face in the second photo - I just want to give her a big hug

Enjoy your delightful guests - they may just be the therapy you need after yesterday's events

Betty

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

I've been Boooo'd!

Adorable!

I love Kira's gentle face, what a beauty she is. Nytron is looking wonderful. He really couldn't have a better home, or better extended family! You truly were in the right place at the right time the day you witnessed his abuse.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

The huskies don't fetch!
    Nytron will chase a ball all day!

You call that ole thing a BALL ??

Least you could do is offer your Fetchin Partner a NEW Fetcher!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    You call that ole thing a BALL ??

Least you could do is offer your Fetchin Partner a NEW Fetcher!

That's only a week old! He's a little hard on his toys, but I will get him a new ball next time I go to town. My FIL and I keep buying new kinds looking for one that lasts a while! Nytron prefers orange balls too!
    --John Irving

Tamara,

Great pics.

They both look so happy ........ testament to YOU rescuing and rehousing them, I say!!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Oh I'm so happy to see Nytron again! I just love that boy!
    I still can't get over how big his legs are!! They're like tree trunks!

And Kira, oh the look on her face is priceless!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome