Thread: Help for Joey

Help for Joey

I just started working at the Humane Society a couple of weeks ago and I really do love all the animals. Of course some of them really do stand out to me. One is Joey. Joey is a sweet, longhair white with orange spots, cat. One thing is missing, his top lip. He seems to eat fine and whatnot but lately there seems to be an infection in his top lip and a nasty smell coming from it, also his eyes are runny.
    There's so much that the HS can do and sickness isn't really one of them, he has drops for his eye, but the infection in his lip really can't be helped since there isn't a vet onstaff and it just may be grounds for euthanization. I've already asked my mom and she said our house is just to full to take on another pet. So I was thinking that if I could pay the vet fee to have him fixed up, maybe someone would want to adopt Joey?
    The thing is I'm kind of scared that even if he is better, no one would adopt him... He's a very very sweet cat with a great personality but I guess he's gotta have the looks.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I would be willing but I can only take on one more cat at this point in time. We had talked about Baxter, as well.

The only problem would be trying to transport. If at all possible, I would like my next cat (if adopted from far enough away) to have one of those transports set up as opposed to shipping.

I bet he's cute even without his top lip.

Who do you think would do well in a home with a loner cat that just likes to cuddle and a playful cat?

oh no!!! poor kitty i hope someone takes him in, i REALLY hope the little guy doesn't have to get put down.... i don't care if he looks funny! my own kitty looks funny, and i love him just the same.....oooohhh i wish i could take him, but my roommates think i have 2 cats too many (my two, plus my sister's kitty)....ohhhh!! this makes me so sad!! i really hope someone will take him!! you have my thoughts in this...
    best wishes,
    dionne

Poor baby! Being less than perfect isn't very accepted in this world and that is so sad. Hope he has a lot of good luck come his way fast!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Another candidate for The Found Cat Hotel, except you are probably a far way off.
    We pray that Joey can find a home.
    JJJ3 is parying already for his namesake.
    Juke Joint Joseph wants someone to help.
    PLEASE.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Wenisrubber
    I would be willing but I can only take on one more cat at this point in time. We had talked about Baxter, as well.

The only problem would be trying to transport. If at all possible, I would like my next cat (if adopted from far enough away) to have one of those transports set up as opposed to shipping.

I bet he's cute even without his top lip.

Who do you think would do well in a home with a loner cat that just likes to cuddle and a playful cat?

I think Baxter would do better in your household.

I've actually contacted a disabled pet ranch to see if they could take him in. I told this if they were able to take him in, I'll pay for his vet fees.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Quote Originally Posted by animal_rescue

I've actually contacted a disabled pet ranch to see if they could take him in. I told this if they were able to take him in, I'll pay for his vet fees.
    and are they going to take him???

Quote Originally Posted by dionne
    and are they going to take him???
    I haven't gotten a reply yet.

Bad news though, Joey is going to be put down on Monday if I can't foster him. They asked me if I could and I asked my dad, he said yes. But my mom is out of town until tomorrow so I can't ask her yet. I hope she says yes.

I did find something interesting out, Joey is a purebred ragdoll. So if we foster him their going to try and find a ragdoll rescue or something.

oh no!!! PLEASE don't let him get put down!! just wait a little longer or something and i'm sure you'll find SOMETHING!! someone PLEASE take heed and heart to this poor animal!!

I still need to talk to my mom about foster, she's coming home today, she was out of town. Karen(the one that does euthanusia) knows I'm going to call her tomorrow and let her know if I can take Joey or not.

Ok I think I'm going to go pick up Joey tomorrow! If not then I'll go get him on Tuesday. As long as they know I'm taking him, he won't be PTS.

Thanks to you and your family for helping him....

HOORAY!!!!! YAY!!

Thank you for doing all you can for Joey!

Heh, Baxter boy still has me swooning.