Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for my friend, my family & I, SAD update, new pics toward bottom of page 3

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    What do you need help with? Shipping costs?
    Yes... It was hard typing my post.. kind of embarassed.. I plan to get everything together tonight & now that there are more people that need help I can send them some of my sized clothing! I have 3, yes 3 large postal bags filled with clothing I never wear!!

I don't give to goodwill or salvation army, only becasue they sell the clothing!! I'd rather give my stuff to people who really need it & cannot afford to buy it.. so I hord all my clothing & now I can finally give it to someone!!

This will be sent if I cannot get any funding to help me send the other stuff!!

A gameboy (the origional!!) & a gameboy colour with a bunch of games. It'll be for the ones that had the house burn down.. I have Pokemon so the girl should like that & I have several boys games. I haven't touched them in years, & I know it'll keep the rugrats busy & will put a HUGE smile on their faces

I remember the hell I went through when our house caught fire & I didn't loose anything! It was just scary, but these poor kids

Sue, you and your family will certainly be in our prayers. (((hugs))) I would guess that Indy and Kaige are doing double-duty as providers of unconditional love and comfort!

Words can not express what I saw yesterday. I went to see thier old apartment, EVERYTHING is gone. I am absolutely devestated, I can't even begin to imagine how they feel. The poor kids are more worried about their ferrets than ANYTHING else. I saw it, the ferret cage,I lost it. What used to be about 5 feet by 4 feet by 3feet is now about only just a couple inches by a couple inches. But everything else is gone too, more than half of the furnishings and personal items were just ash and melted plastic, even the fridge melted.
    I am surprised at the amount of help that people have offered. Still no help from the red cross or salvation army, or walmart or ymca or local churches yet but many friends, family & friends of friends are offering a helping hand.

This is a short update, I am on dial up, have a house full of people & kids & am VERY busy, but it's an update non the less.

EDIETED:
    Most of the clothes that were donated are the wrong size, so everyone is still in need of clothing, and of course a lot of other items too.

They are in need of money for security deposit & first months renton an apartment and of course will be needing quite a bit of things for the apartment.

Between myself & a few close family members & friends we have gathered:
    kitchen table & chairs
    tv
    vcr
    dvd
    vacuum
    silverware set
    and I think that is about it. Oh I am pretty sure we can find some kinck nacks for them too.

If anyone is wanting to get them something specific but can't ship it or the like, if you want to send money or whatever I can get it, show you pics of the item & send you the reciept. I am not asking for anything for myself, I am honest & offering to prove that.

I don't have time (dial up & family here) but here's one pic of the kids you are all helping & praying for: Dial up is too slow, here's a link to a post not too long ago with them in it:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...t=niece+nephew
    Last edited by lv4dogs; 07-24-2006 at 08:09 AM.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Those pictures are sweet, Sue. They look so happy in the heap of dogs! i'm going to check at work for some things your SIL sizes - is she tall or average?

Gosh this is still so shocking to us all. I still can't believe what I saw. To make matters worse, almost every newspaper article is wrong, or at least partially wrong. Guess thats what happens when the stupid news reporters take information from some one high on drugs. Heck even if they spoke to someone sober they probably would of got it wrong, news reporters never tell the whole story nor do they tell it truthfully.

Here is the real story:
    My almost SIL's old friend from years ago broke into her apartment (she was visiting my brother in Onieda) and light a candle. He stepped out to make a phone call at a pay phone down the street and returned to find the house on fire. I guess he was on drugs, thats why he broke in & light a candle.
    He is being pressed for arson & forcing an entry, not sure if any other charges are being pursued or not.

Here is one article:
    http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/20...testnews01.txt

My family lived in #12 NOT #10, it was #12 that the fire started in NOT #10. Electricity was NOT shut off.
    My family is the ones moving to Oneida BUT they have no place to live yet, they are still waiting for assistance. They are all spilt up, my almost SIL is staying with my brother in his tiny one bedroom apartment. The kids are bouncing back & forth between my house, my mothers house & my other brothers house.
    Red cross offered to put up both families in motels but my family stayed with other family members and the #10 side stayed in the motel.

This is another article:
    http://www.syracuse.com/poststandard...oll=1#continue

Chris Swartwood did NOT live there, he is the one who broke into the house and the power was NOT shut off. Fire damage was NOT limited to the living room and stairwell, the entire down stairs is TOTALLY GONE, there isn't even walls left. I saw it with my own eyes. The upstairs did fair better, but one bedroom & the bathroom were totally gone, the other 2 bedrooms did just sustain heat, smoke & water damage. The fridge even melted, thats how hot the fire was.
    The unit at 10 School St. had mostly smoke & water damage but a couple of their walls were scorched as well.

They are still in need of clothes. We had a LOT given to us, but most of them are too small or too big, and then most of what is left is winter clothing.

School supplies are needed for the kids, back packs, lunch box, paper, pencils, pens, crayons, etc..

Bedding is needed, I have recieved one bedding set, dora the explorer set for Michaela, but no pillows for any of them, and the other 2 (Brad & Crystal) don't have anything.

Toys, games, movies, etc.. are all wanted (not needed but the kids would do a lot better with them).

And like I said, they need everything (besides some of the bigger things, which I listed above). Crystal is still in shock. It is really hard for her to tell us any specifics on what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Those pictures are sweet, Sue. They look so happy in the heap of dogs! i'm going to check at work for some things your SIL sizes - is she tall or average?
    She's about 5'7" give or take an inch.

And to top it all off:
    My car broke down again. Not sure whats wrong with it yet though. I have to figure out how to get it to the shop without towing it (cause I don't have the money) so they can look at it.
    I spent more money than I thought this past week, my car, my bills (more will be due next week) and then some clothing for the kids and now food. We need extra food with the kids staying at my house sometimes and boy can they eat. I have $22 to last me the rest of the week & my gas tank is just about on empty.
    One of my windows on my house is leaking, so I've got to get that (or maybe it's leaking down the wall or the roof into the window??) fixed.
    I am so sorry for venting but I honestly don't know how we are going to make it the next 2 weeks. Heck after tomorrow or Wed I am not sure how I will get to work & back.
    If it's not one thing it's always another.

I want to thank each & every one of yous for being so compassionate.

Edited to add that things are still pretty hectic, I am not sure how much time I will have for internet browsing, sorry if I don't get a chance to check out other threads as often as I usually do.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I forgot to add that I went to see their apartment last Friday, thats how I knew what it looked like. While I was there I spoke with the fire chief, neihbors, landlord, etc... thats how I knew what the real story & cause was. If anyone needs to speak with anyone to verify anything let me know, I will provide contact info.

I also forgot to say that help is going really slow for them. Red Cross & other places (SA, VOA, YMCA, churches, etc...) are not doing anything yet. HUD IS helping her find a new place, thats all the help they've got so far.

We thought we were getting a lot of help with clothes & the like but so far most it is not the size, stained, etc... and seems like most of the items we have offered to us are duplicates of the items we already have for them, which is just what I listed before:
    tv, dvd, vcr, kitchen table & chairs, silverware set, vacuum, a couple pots & pans, some kinck knacks.

I wish I could do more. Thanks again everyone!

Here's some pics of the kids & their mother that I took over the weekend. I didn't get many as it was so hectic. I know it's always nice to see the face of who you are praying for and helping.

They all told me to tell you PT'ers thank you for everything! The kids are amazed that people that they have never met & live so far away are willing to help them.

My nephew Brad playing around with my other brothers backpack (he is walking to & hiking the adirondacks next week, that pack is HEAVY)

We were all surprised he could even lift it let alone walk with it on his back. lol

This is my almost/might as well be SIL, Crystal with my brother Mike

My sweet Michaela girl (it was HOT & HUMID, excuse the frizzy hair)

Michaela with my other brother's pug, Shyka (sp?)

My actual SIL bridgett, with Brad & Crystal (long faces because it was a long day)

left to right, Michaela (niece), Kyle (nephew that I walk for JDRF every year), shyka, Brad (nephew), and my mom

OMG Sue..........I'm so sorry to see whats been going on!!!!! I have some stuff here..........I will drive it over to you if need be......I'm sorry I don't have clothing for the kids. Both my boys are much younger than Brad. Why dont you PM me the phone # where you will be tomorrow, Tuesday. I will give you a call and we can work something out!!!!! It has been a while since I drove down to the USA. You are ALL in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!

Tyson I miss you
    You will always be in my heart

Just figured I'd post some more things that are needed that some people might not otherwise think of.
    Cleaning supplies
    blankets, sheets, pillows, etc..
    salt & pepper shakers
    bathroom supplies (shampoo, conditioner, soap, wash clothes, towels, etc...)
    curtains

Hi Sue, I just sent you a pm. Can you send me an address to send things to?

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs

... things that are needed ...

* Cleaning supplies
    * blankets, sheets, pillows, etc..
    * salt & pepper shakers
    * bathroom supplies (shampoo, conditioner, soap, wash clothes, towels, etc...)
    * curtains
    The cost to box and SHIP those kinds of items is going to be about
    the same as BUYING them brand new at a local store!

Rather than spending money at UPS and the Post Office -
    buy a GIFT CARD at Wal*Mart or Target - and
    let the FAMILY buy the right size and color - and eliminate all the duplicates,
    don't fits, and other problems.

/s/ Phred

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Hi Sue, I just sent you a pm. Can you send me an address to send things to?
    I didn't get it but I sent you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    The cost to box and SHIP those kinds of items is going to be about
    the same as BUYING them brand new at a local store!

Rather than spending money at UPS and the Post Office -
    buy a GIFT CARD at Wal*Mart or Target - and
    let the FAMILY buy the right size and color - and eliminate all the duplicates,
    don't fits, and other problems.

/s/ Phred

Yeah, Phred I figured that. It's just that some people were asking me to post some actual items that they will be needing so I did.
    I did state that I am willing to purchanse actual items for them and show pictures of the item as well as the receipt so they know I am truthful. It would eliminate shipping that way.

Just a vent about rude people.

I posted a "wanted" add on Craigslist the other day for furniture for Crystal & her kids. I stated that I am looking for cheap or free items as my family had lost a home to a fire.
    I am lucky as I have gotten a few replies (none were free, but thats ok, my dad is buying the couch & beds lol). But one reply threw me for a loop, a big loop.

A woman replied stating she has 2 end tables that I can have for probably nothing and the pics of them were attached to the email. They were virus free so I opened them (to see if it would be worth the drive). What I saw put me into tears, not one, not two but THREE pictues all of firemen fighting house fires. They were pretty graphic. I couldn't believe it. I was in total shock.

I politely emailed her back, thinking maybe just maybe she was looking for pics of Crystals house fire (even though these pics were NOT of her house) and accidently attached them by mistake. She replied back to, exact quote "what else were you expecting, after all you were asking for free items".

How low can one get? I can not believe the nerve of some people.

Does anyone know if craigslist has any rules against spam or whatever else this would be considered? Can I report her to them?

i don't know what Craigslist is but I am sure there is some rule about that. I would email them with the details.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    Just a vent about rude people.

I posted a "wanted" add on Craigslist the other day for furniture for Crystal & her kids. I stated that I am looking for cheap or free items as my family had lost a home to a fire.
    I am lucky as I have gotten a few replies (none were free, but thats ok, my dad is buying the couch & beds lol). But one reply threw me for a loop, a big loop.

A woman replied stating she has 2 end tables that I can have for probably nothing and the pics of them were attached to the email. They were virus free so I opened them (to see if it would be worth the drive). What I saw put me into tears, not one, not two but THREE pictues all of firemen fighting house fires. They were pretty graphic. I couldn't believe it. I was in total shock.

I politely emailed her back, thinking maybe just maybe she was looking for pics of Crystals house fire (even though these pics were NOT of her house) and accidently attached them by mistake. She replied back to, exact quote "what else were you expecting, after all you were asking for free items".

How low can one get? I can not believe the nerve of some people.

Does anyone know if craigslist has any rules against spam or whatever else this would be considered? Can I report her to them?
    How extremely rude! I think you should report her, even though I know nothing about Craigslist.

I've been following this thread, just haven't replied since I don't really have anything to give.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography