• I might later

12 24.49%
  • No

19 38.78%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you feed raw?

Do you feed raw?

Do you feed your dogs raw?

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    No, it seems like it would be too much effort and too gross- i feed bagged
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Quote Originally Posted by GreyhoundGirl
    No, it seems like it would be too much effort and too gross- i feed bagged
    I totally agree with you! I think it's gross and unessacary, I'd try it once or twice, but wouldn't really feed it on and on if you know what I mean.

Yes and I would never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Yes and I would never go back.
    Why wouldn't you go back? Do you like feeding your dogs raw that much?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer
    Why wouldn't you go back? Do you like feeding your dogs raw that much?
    Their health is 100x better and yes, I enjoy it. It is fun feeding them a variety and it is fun watching them actually enjoy their meals.

Ditto what Sarah said... Been feeding my 3 for going on 3 years now and I'd never go back to doggie kibble. WAY too many unecessary additives/ingrediants in kibble, not to mention the cancer causing agents

Like Sarah, I feed raw and would never go back to kibble.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Yep, another raw feeder here. I'll never go back to kibble. I like knowing that my dogs are eating what their bodies were made for.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

i feed raw too...i actually just started recently and i already agree that i will never feed kibble again

Like pretty much every musher on the planet, I feed a mixed diet. High fat/high protein kibble and meat. More meat in the winter and more kibble this time of year. The meat my guys get is mainly wild game and arctic char. I get the wild game for free and pay 10 bucks for 100 pounds of char bits(the dogs are particulary fond of the heads!) Occasionally one of the local grocers gives me a box of beef and pork scraps. The dogs think that's a huge treat!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I feed Chester raw, I'll never switch back to kibble.

Spunks and Sams don't care for raw. I fed a combination of raw, cooked, can prenium cat food to Maggie (RB) and Rosie (RB) and they lived long, healthy lives. I had to work at it and those two (Maggie, Rosis) came around. I can't get the fellas interested in it. They won't let me groom them either. I ahve to do it with my fingers while lovin' them.

Spunks and sams do get cooked meat and seafood. Spunks loves shrimp. No sauces or anything. Just good meat. They also get premium food, since Spunks can't tolerate the bone meal in the cheaper foods. Kidney stones are no fun.

Anne

No. The main reason is because we don't have a good place close to get meat that is suitable.
    Also, I despise touching meat... the feel is so nasty.
    I might switch them to raw later in life... I would love to now, but its just not really easily done.
    If Frisk has survived 6 years (and Ethan has survived 3) on dogfood, I'm sure he can last a few more.

fed raw for 6 years and never going back to kibble. I know just watching the differnce between Perky and the rest of the senoir dogs in freestyle is amazing, I watched her do a group routine with 3 other senior dogs, the other 3 were moving slowly, the way you would exept a senoir dog to move. meanwhile Perky(raw fed), the same age as the other dogs(all kibble fed), is leaping 3 feet in the air, grinning, her tail moving a mile a minute and barking all the while, basicly behaving more like a 7 month old then a 7 year old.

then there is Shadow, at 4 her arthritus was so bad that she was unable to stand, the vet told us to consider putting her down as she would not see her 5th birthday. instead we switched to raw. as I type Shadow is 10 years old, with NO signs of arthritus.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils