Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas collectors?

Christmas collectors?

Okay, odd question, and way off-season. Anyone want a whole pile of Christmas cards from 1943? Most in envelopes, with stamps and postmarks, I satrted tossing the envelopes, then realized the size of the stack and gave up ...

You have got to be kidding? You are willing to part with a stack of Christmas Cards from 1943?
    Are you sure???

I have a few that my Father saved among his War letters. If you are serious, let me know.

If you are serious, WOW , YES, I am interested, these Christmas Cards are GEMS!!!
    Last edited by Dorothy39; 07-07-2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: entered one more sentence.

Yup, I am perfectly serious. My Great Aunt Bertha saved everything, and this bunch just happens to be all together. We bought her house, she was a dear, dear lady, but never could manage to throw anything away. The cards ARE cute, but if I saved every 'cute' thing, we'd have too much stuff to even walk in the house!

Hm, I love re-reading my old cards, and I love old "artifacts" so if you're serious, then yeah! I'll take some!

Niņo & Eliza

Okay, If you are willing to part with her Cards, you can send us a few.

inee, meanee, minee, moe.,

If you want to , let me know,

I will care for them, to show,

Neath the the candles when their's snow!!!

Is it safe to send my address in a private message?

YEs, Dorothy39, you can send me your address in a PM, it's safe. Or if you want, you can email it to me to [email protected].

SukiWingy, do you have a preference for Christmas cards, or maybe I'll send this whole bunch to Dorothy, and another bunch of old cards to you? As I am sure to find more ...

Anything is fine, just let me know. How many cards are in this bunch? I'd only have space for a few.

Niņo & Eliza

How many would you have room for? I haven't counted the bunch I'll send to Dorothy39, but as I said, there always more in another stash.

Karen,

Maybe your niece and her mom can use some to make new christmas cards this year?

Gee, I figured I'd get shot if I offered 'em to you guys! I'll save the next batch I come across (I've been working on the basement).

The BASEMENT? Let me know if you find Orc in there, I think there's a dimension rip between your basement and the L+F at thursdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    The BASEMENT? Let me know if you find Orc in there, I think there's a dimension rip between your basement and the L+F at thursdays.
    You forget - the Orc wouldn't FIT in my basement - I can only work down there because I've been there enough to duck when necessary, only clocked my head once yesterday. Really, one should be under 5'5 to work comfortably, so the Orc would have to be more hunchbacked than usual!

For the folks wondering, ours in a typical old New England house. We have a small, and low-ceilinged basement, as our neighborhood is built on ledge and glacier-leavings (boulders and down to small rocks).

If you have any old stamps on envelopes you don't want you could throw them my way!!! I like to just keep stamps because I think they are neat. Just the stamp and postmark if there is one. Or just the stamp would do. I think the oldest one I have is from the early 60s. I put them in a scrapbook.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd be interested in the really old ones from 1943 - I'll use them to scrapbook, stamps and all.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

momoffuzzyfaces, send me a PM with your address, and I'll save some of the envelopes - I've been keeping a few, but tossing most, and I'll split the pile between you and another PTer who also collects such.

Kay, I'll add you to the "next pile I find" list of recipients, okay?