Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I vent please?!?!

Can I vent please?!?!

I really hate to bring this here but there are so few people who understand...... I HATE MY JOB. I work at a shipping office in a warehouse around truck drivers all day (please don't let me offend anyone, I am not saying ALL truck drivers are bad) and I lOVE ANIMALS!!!! ALL OF THEM not just the domesticated ones or ones we keep as pets but all of them. Well there is this one driver that is a regular here and he is always coming in here telling these HORRIBLE stories..... like just now he was telling this story of how he hit a deer the other day in GRAPHIC detail and when I said to him excuse me do you mind it just made him go on even more And one other time he actually handed me an article on a cat bein cooked in a microwave and all his little buddies tagged along to see my reaction. Some people make me so sick why can't I just love the things I love and be left alone? And ever since I got Tinky for Christmas.... I have pictures of her and Jupiter on my desk..... people keep comin in here telling these HORRIBLE cat stories that make me run to the bathroom and cry!! Why are people like that? It makes me so mad!! It seems like I am better off taking Tinky and Jupiters pictures down and pretending I am a different person just to get away from these HORRIBLE PEOPLE AND THEIR STUPID GESTURES!! Sorry I had to bring this here but I guess it is just I really need to get this off my chest to some other animal lovers
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Former User Guest
    It's okay Sara... Poor you, I just can't understand what's wrong when we love pets? And grown up adults act like that? That just doesn't get to my brain! You would think adults can behave, but no! Adults can be worse than little kids sometimes when picking on other people! And what is there to brag about if you hit a deer and killed it? I'd be so ashamed and sad, I sure would not brag with it! But those killers just don't care! They are such two faced people that it is disgusting!

Is getting another job an option for you?

I'd say that don't take those pics off from your table, then they would think they have won something! Just keep them there and never mind the idiots! You have every right to love animals, and if they don't like it, it's their problem!

Grrrrr, such bastards!!! I can't belive that, those people are really messed up! So sorry that you have to endure that crap

I don't know if this law exists over where you live, but if you hit a big animal (like a deer) when you're driving you must call the police and report it. I think this is mainly done so no one will just drive away and leave a big animal on the road so others drivers can get into accidents. So maybe you could report this guy? And maybe you can tell a boss about how cruel the people are and how the pick on you?

I don't know if anything I've said would actually HELP, but I wanted to give you some ideas atleast... I'm so mad and sad that people have to go through these sorts of things just because they happen to love animals.

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

How cruel! Could you just ignore them? Unless it has something to do with work, don't pay them any attention. If I were you, I would openly and infront of other tell them how silly I think they are and how sad it is that they gets their jollies from seeing other people's feelings get hurt.

When I first started working here a year ago, everyone quickly found out that I was an animal lover and were amused (in a mean way) that I had almost as many pictures of my dog on my desk than I did of my husband! This coworer even made fun of me for volunteering at the shelter. Whenever I would be in the brea room, he would make it a point to loudly tell his stories about how he killed such and such animal and how he beat his dog for digging out his flowers. It pissed me off! I kept telling him that beating his dog wasn't going to help the problem. Finally after 2 wees of this BS, I told him off in front of the whole lunch crowd! I asked him if he thought beating his dog made him more of a man? I said I though he was lucy he had a small dog and wished that the dog would one day tear him up to pieces! Then I told him he was a sad and demented person for getting such pleasure out of making me uspet. Let me tell you one thing, noone messes with me now!

Wow Souraya, well done!!! I am impressed!

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

sara, when these fools start their noise, can you look them right in the eye and say "stop, i will not listen to this from you. this is not work related." and if needs be, walk away, even if they are talking to you. if you suspect that the guy and his buddies are doing this to get a rise from you, you can try to stop their behavior by refusing to listen to it. sometimes, sadly,as a young female, you will be the 'target' for moronic behavior. this is not right, but it does happen. if you can practice at home and get an off work friend to role play with you about this, you will be more ready to let those morons know that you will no longer be their target. saying no, publically and loudly to their behavior and walking away are the first things i would do. breathe deep as you do this. also, start keeping a written log, dates, time, witnesses of their harassment, do not let them know you are doing this, keep it in some place private like your purse. this will help you establish a pattern and practice of their behavior if you have to take this to your supervisor or the human resources dept at work. work place harassment is never right, and you have done nothing wrong, they are wrong. the phrase" pattern and practice" and written documentation will definately get the human resources departments attention. several years ago, i worked in an abusive job situation, i felt powerless cause i needed the money badly and the skills i had then weren't enough to get me another position. i would go home at night feeling sad, sick and depressed and just the thought of going back was awful, i wound up taking time off b/c i was at a breakdown point and taking depression medication. i had documented the harassment i was getting from one of my supervisors, as to her behavior, witnesses and dates and events. when i went to the HR dept to get the stress leave, my notes got the higher ups to know what was happening, and they let my supervisor know her behavior was wrong and the corporation wouldn't allow her to continue her 'pattern and practice' of abusing me.
    when i returned to work, i got better job skills, more training (they paid for it as a benefit!) and i got out of there into a much better, happier job in a different division of the same corporation. that office closed 6 months after i moved on...guess how i felt? . if you'd like to talk more, you can email me. hope this helps, joyce

Where are they?

((rolls up sleeves))

((cracks knuckles))

Lemme at 'em.. I haven't had a good game of fisticuffs in over 10 years, I'm due for one..

Oh Sara, I'm so sorry people are like they are! Just seems like you can't be an animal lover without someone
    making fun or acting stupid. It makes me very angry too Remember, we are better than that and they are just morons! I'm like L-A, I would like to kick they're a**!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

LOL L-A
    Thanks so much everyone for your support!!!
    That moron actually brought in a puppy today that he just got to show me '' i guess to make up with me'' I really don't know why he does this crap!?!? all the time he does somethin to really really hurt my feelings then bring in somethin real cute for me to look at so I won't be mad at him or somethin. Like the time he handed me the article about the cat and the microwave I TOLD HIM OFF then the next day he brought in this really really cute picture of these two cats sleeping in a window He makes me so mad!!
    Well the good news is that the puppy was sooooooooooo cute it was a black lab/rottweiler mix Of course I held it and cuddled it then I told the guy that I hoped he wasnt gonna be a jerk to IT and keep it for the whole 20 years the dog may live....
    And no getting another job is not an option right now. the economy is so bad I don't know if I could find another job with any job security. But after this summer quarter in school the hubby's brother thinks he can get me a job at the company he works for in the city.
    And I would turn the guy in but the sad thing is the supervisor is just as bad. There was this HORRIBLE guy in here one time just though I would want to hear the detailed story of how he used to use cats for target practice and when I practically begged the guy to stop tellin the story the supervisor just sat there and laughed so I ran off cryin to tell my hubby on him
    They are talking about layin us all off and going third party and so they could really care less about what goes on. And to top it off I work for a very reputible "BIG NAME" company!!
    And joycenalex thanks for all the good advice but I have tried it all already!! The drivers are in the driver lounge and me in the office we are seperated by a window.... I try closing the blinds on my window ..... AND BELIEVE ME I TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT I THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY DO..... I ask them to stop, I leave the room..... but it just seems like that makes them enjoy it even more!!
    Sorry to dump all of this on you guys but I have been holdin this in for SOOO LONG that I just can't take it anymore and I have to tell someone. Thanks for listening though!! A lot of people just don't understand because they don't see why I love animals so much?!?!
    Last edited by Sara luvs her Tinky; 05-18-2002 at 12:49 AM.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Thare thare,
    We all get mad some times! But you have a good reson to be mad at them! How would they like it if some one came up to them and made fun of what they LOVE? Well maybe you could complain to some one about what they are doing. And you always know that were here for you too! No matter what they say.

Sara maybe the guy has a crush on you. Sounds like typical playground behavior to me. You know when a kid pushes you down, punches you, pinches you; that sort of thing because they like you. You could always tell him you are an animal lover but are willing to make the exception in HIS case!!! Ignoring him would be best if it's possible. Good luck!

MOFF -- good analogy, his described behavior is a LOT like that... I think you are on to something. [But ignoring behavior this egregious will be very difficult. Good luck, {{{Sara}}}. ]
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Sara, I'm sorry that you have to work in a place where there are people who think that animal abuse is funny. I would try to ignore them too. Where I work I have pics of my babies all over my bench area. I also have a lot of other cat pictures. Every one knows that I'm cat crazy. Luckily I work with a lot of other animal lovers. Good luck.

Oh, Sara, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time at work. When you have to be there so many hours it really helps to work in a pleasant atmosphere. I don't have much to offer that others haven't already. It just seems they're trying to get some reaction out of you, and it's working. Playground behavior like someone mentioned. Hopefully things will work out with the job in the city and you can tell those guys once and for all what you think of them.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

{{{{Sara}}}}
    How miserable for you!! Really, it amazes me that once you get out of school and into a job...there still are people who haven't matured, and it sure sounds like these jerks have not. Definitely playground attitude. They like getting a rise out of you which is why they do such mean things in the first place It's pretty sad that a full grown man has to make a woman feel bad, so he himself will feel good. All I can say for people like that is Pathetic!!!!
    Was the puppy that moron brought in his?? I would fear for that puppy's quality of life. People like him needn't bother even having animals in the first place...unless he realizes what a wonder and true joy they can bring to his otherwise miserable life...

I was going to suggest you go to the higher sources, but if they're the same way, the best thing you can do is try and ignore them...even though it will be difficult! Also, if I were you, I would put a complaint into the Better Business Bureau. Especially if you work for a well-known company. The way I see it, it can even be considered sexual harassment. Even though they're not advancing you or anything like that, they are still making you uncomfortable in the work environment and that's just WRONG!!! It IS harassment!! You can find the BBB on the internet and file a complaint. That way, your letter will go even further up the chain to the 'powers that be', and believe me, no company likes to have negative letters filed against them at the Better Business Bureau!!
    I do hope you can get a different job. Nobody deserves to put up with childish, ignorant jerks.

**hugs**
    We're all here for you and we love animals just as much as you do!!