Thread: Bottle feeding kittens...

Hybrid View

Bottle feeding kittens...

I need some advice and/or a point in the direction of good sites about bottle feeding kittens. I know my vet will tell me a lot when I go to pick the kittens up but I'd like to learn some on my own beforehand as well plus a good way to get info. so I make sure I don't miss any details. The story behind this is a mother cat was killed last night, , and I've been asked to care for her kittens from tonight until Thrusday morning since my vet and her office manager are going out of town/state. I'm sort of nervous since I haven't bottle fed kittens in years, and then only for a few days because we found a mother who had just given birth to a litter around the same time and accepted them. I have no doubt I can do it, it will be very tough I know, but I want to make sure I have all the best resources availble in case I can't get my vet while she's gone.

I'll be posting pictures of the kittens as soon as I can.
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

I don't have a clue since I've never bottle fed before but I'm sure someone here can help. I just wanted to say how nice of you to do this. Poor kittens.

I can't wait to see pictures.

Also, look at Tucker! Looks like I need to go check out DG and get some info on that gorgeous pup!

From Decker with Love

Thanks! I need to come over here to Cat General a lot more than I do, I love kitties, who knows, I may end up keeping one of these babies. I haven't had a cat since my Max passed three years ago this September.
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Quote Originally Posted by dappledoxie
    I may end up keeping one of these babies. I haven't had a cat since my Max passed three years ago this September.
    You've done it now, give us the slightest inkling that you want to keep one and you'll have a whole message board of cheerleaders urging you on.

From Decker with Love

lol I do want another cat, Shannon keeps saying no though. haha
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

When I had newborn kittens to care for (their mother abandoned them) I fed them every four hours or so around the clock. I usually fed them as much as they wanted to eat. Sometimes I would have to wake up throughout the night to feed them, but as they got a little older I wouldn't have to.

facebook